Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Some Pvp Changes To Chaos

328 members have voted

1. 1. Should we increase PvP on Chaos?

• Yes
    • No

I hope this vote ends well. Freedomers who never have or will set foot on chaos can vote us down. Even if you don't like pvp, please think about us. I have friends who have spent years grinding skills and worked on their deeds, it would all be for nothing.

I wish that everyone would have thought about "us" when JK-H was killed after the years of work I put into my deed. If we're playing games like that, no one is going to come out ahead. We've all had "losses", I may not like pvp but I know some people do so I'll support the spirit of helping chaos. However I hold no hope that anything of merit will be done. (no offense to Rolf, just not enough time for it right now)

The basics should be very simple

If in an alliance then everyone in the alliance is on your side, everyone else is an enemy

If not in alliance but in a village then everyone in your village is on your side, everyone else is an enemy

if not in a village then everyone else is your enemy.

If someone is an enemy then they are fair game

If something is owned by an enemy then it is fair game

So long as you can correctly identify enemies then all else is gravy

Redd do you realize that you are asking me to spend weeks development time on getting Chaos? Because that's what a "thorough" fix means with new systems. I don't think that is a prioritization that most of the other players agree with.

Thats fair enough, if you do not have the time, then you do not have the time.

Alliance wars would work fine i guess. Although if you want to spend a little time on it, maybe make alliances more "kingdom" like, by adding a capital/king/titles to them along with working towers.

Either way, full PvP is what Chaos needs.

• Like 2

It's about time we got PVP fixed back to previous ways on Chaos, it's been too long in this non-functioning state.

Also freedom cluster needs a PVP server so that we can all experience the more thrilling PVP side to the game, rather than just the creation side (which I still enjoy).

Just ensure whatever is done, is done properly please, no more half-measures

• Like 2

Oh forgot to add.. Is there any possibility to remove F2P from Chaos? There are so many spy problems atm that its just ruining PvP a bit..

• Like 7

would love to see a better pvp system added to chaos, as it's currently very dull

yes yes yes yes

I vote Full Alliance PvP

Edit: Guard towers is going to be tricky, but i really would like to see them in the future!

Also:

The only way to identify enemies is by a red outline? That is more than fine since our only teamates are villagers/Alliance

Spy's Have been, and will be a problem... Unless chaos goes back to "Wild" and becomes premium again, I really hope to see that, Considering anyone -20 skill Cannot function properly enough in chaos to be worth their while...

Either way, I started playing again this year in hopes that PvP would return! And this is a step in the right direction

Edited by impendent
  • Like 1

You won't be able to correctly identify enemies except for red outline for an indetermined time.

I think this is the only system that will work though in case we escalate PvP.

Ermmm I thought this was where you were going anyway, customisable toons with no kingdom faces and clothing always meant this would happen.

• Like 1

I voted yes.

Personally however I really think we should get kingdoms back again, whilst bashing and building towers was very frustrating at times I feel that land control was a seriously important aspect of the game - as it stands, I can walk right up to HoM if I want to and drop a deed on their doorstep, they can do the same at Kyara - it's very dumb imho. Being able to raid (read: catapult) and drain the deed would be a great start but preventing it in the first place (aside from buying a massive perimiter) would be the better solution imho.

Instead of spending lots of dev and GM time creating new kingdoms and converting various areas of the map to said kingdoms, I feel it would be very easy if everything stayed like it is at the moment and PMK's were added - the only other changes necesarry would be;

* Automatically converting everyone who is a citizen of the deed to the new PMK.

* Adding the tower conquering system.

* Lowering the amount of players required in the area to form PMK for Chaos given it's lower population - something like 20-25 maybe? If not, maybe simply a percent of the online server pop (25%?)

The players would sort the rest out, JK and MR would found their own PMK's and conquer all of their towers, anyone not part of the two largest alliances would also all be on the same team - so would likely stand more of a change too, especially considering they might be aided by the thousands of players on the other Freedom servers (zerg rush Freedom vs Wild raid anyone?)

I don't believe my above suggestions would take much coding.

Edited by Gavin
  • Like 5

I voted yes because i want full PvP and would be nice to have Kingdoms or PmK + Black Light ;)

I always dreamed of playing on Wild when i started playing this game.

But when my time has arrived, Wild changed in Chaos :(

• Like 1

Rolf, one thing we could REALLY use is an upkeep reduction for the capital of an alliance. Horton, Dadd, and many others paid real money to found HoM, and it's simply ridiculous how expensive it is to take care of now.

Lower requirements for creating PMKs. PMKs only. I`d like to see Chaos as a server of small states from the feudal period. Besides, as Davy said above.

• Like 3

YES FINALLY! Hope we get our fun back ^_^

Redd do you realize that you are asking me to spend weeks development time on getting Chaos? Because that's what a "thorough" fix means with new systems. I don't think that is a prioritization that most of the other players agree with.

Rolf are you really saying that it would take weeks to put back code that already existed on the server and you very very swiftly removed. You even said yourself in the Q&A that having kingdoms/BL return would be more fun for chaos if you sided with 100% pvp. Sorry if i'm being ignorant here but i code Java myself and i can't imagine how it could take you weeks to return code that was previously in place =/

We even have remnants of the old code, tower guards still die with MR BL and JK models.

Plus stuff like this - [20:36:28] As the ruler of a settlement you may not risk joining the Horde of the Summoned by performing illegal actions.

Hell we even have bloodlines from the old kingdoms despite them not existing on this server anymore :(

Edited by Nadroj
  • Like 2

Start throwing in some of these changes & I'll move over to chaos every now and then. Speaking of which. Anyone willing to show me the pvp ropes? ;)

• Like 1

Well i admit i am not a PvP but the only ones that care about the Chaos server is very low. I say open up the PvP for one last test run and see what happens i think it will just further alienate the freedom players from it and the population will drop even more. After we see that the PvP is not going to work there then just scrap it. That is my view on the deal anyway.

There are a handful of players that have crazy skills that no one will ever be able to compete with anyway it will never be fair or fun for anyone other then this elite group and no one other then them care about it. I think it is fair to give it one more chance but this is it either it improves or scrap it and focus on epic for the PvP part of wurm.

• Like 1

I think making Wild PMK only would motivate players to PvP and it will also be an interesting experiment.

The basic Kingdom will Remain Freedom Isles and anyone part if it will be considered an enemy to PMKs.

Alliances and Villages from Freedom Isles can ally with PMKs.

Freedom Isle members will be unable to gain or lose affinities in battles. however affinities will have no effect while being part of that kingdom.

Maybe this could bring some interest again in WIld.

• Like 1

As long as the unique features of epic such as the curve, missions, kingdoms, monarchs, valari spawns and Natural disasters remain epic only and the chaos server is simply a freedom server with pvp switched on then fine.

Full pvp and full raiding sounds like a good idea. I voted Yes

O and Rolf Plz bring back my godess. Eating food is SOOOOOO WL.

• Like 3

Rolf is there any possibility of a new wild map, with kingdoms? This could give a fresh outlook and leave all the mess behind.

Edited by Maximustehgreat
  • Like 1

I'm a PVE player but I agree with Redd that you should do a thorough fix to Chaos. It's a cliche, but if you don't have the time to do it right, don't do it at all.

• Like 2

Rolf has mentioned it a few times that it isn't possible to have other kingdoms on this cluster again.

Sadly :(

Rolf,

I think I'll receive a lot of flames for this suggestion, so I kindly ask for a kind of temporary burn protection. Thx!

Chaos seems to have gone down with the invention of Epic. Main problem are the old Wild players, that run havoc about any ideas that might incorporate the loss of their hard earned skills.

TBH, I understand this. Having 90 in any substantial skill, and a full drake set (and a replacement one ...), this isn't what you get in a moment. There's hard work behind, and that shouldn't be wasted.

I'd look for a possibility to:

a.) get rid of the old Wild PvP. It doesn't cater sufficient user numbers anymore to keep it as valid option.

b.) Find a way for the old Wilders. And if it would be to allow 90 skills on Freedom.

c.) find a new way of PvP in Chaos, more suited to the demands of the players. Maybe starting with 50 in any skill, with a hard cap at 70. This would not make skilling worthless, but not this hard a prerequisite anymore.

Besides, partial lootability (success like in butchering) and an even improved "deed bonus" for defenders might work.

Make it fast, make it easy, make the possible losses less harsh - you even might get me to pay a visit.

I wished Chaos would be used for a new kind of PvP, kind of a "Epic light", and a quick entry possibility. I might be able to use a "Chaos Portal" and drop my alt right into the fray, capped at 50. Yep, fair enough, right?

I'd duke it out with the raiders attacking my friends alts place, showing them where Fo's hammer hangs, and then would return. With a faster cooldown than epic has. This would be fun. This would make sense. This would bring ppl to PvP.

Epic, then, would be the main PvP. Chaos would be kind of entry PvP, with quite some possibilities left to explore. I could imagine that an "even-grounds" PvP on Chaos would attract quite some ppl. I could imagine that this is the only way to promote PvP, in a game who's players have clearly proven that they just don't care of the PvP we have now.

To new shores!

And have a good time!

No new map please, No skill gain or curve either. If you cant bring back MR JK and BL (which im pretty sure is not possible) Then same kingdom pvp alliance pvp, deed draining and wall bashing rules, are all that need to be modified