Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Some Pvp Changes To Chaos

328 members have voted

1. 1. Should we increase PvP on Chaos?

• Yes
    • No

Another thing I still find unfair are Farwalker Amulets, but this wasn't too bad earlier in the server because a few good calf-shots to someone and they can't move.... but that was changed without the FW's being addressed. Basically, even if you have a 90 damage calfshot wound, you can just hit the amulet and outrun someone who doesn't have one

Can anyone explain this in detail? FW now negates a slow-down effect?

Can anyone explain this in detail? FW now negates a slow-down effect?

No, but hits to the leg/foot no longer slow you down much.

• Like 1

a 90 damage calf wound would slow you down a LOT still lol, farwalker wouldn't save you there xD

But yes the old system made it so that one or two wounds to the foot or calf drastically slowed a player, nowadays its usually more prudent to aim at the head for the extra damage as the calf/foot shots were toned down a lot.

As for explaining it in detail FW amulets roughly double your movement speed for 30 seconds and remove falling damage. they use 1QL per use and many still exist on the server.

We need PMK's, we need the guard tower system where you conquer guard towers.

We need to get rid of farwalker amulets.

Make it faster to travel aswell, this is just for chaos, sail 5kmh faster and ride 5 kmh faster.

Rare ore that spawns randomly on map, more creatures.

Wild is what started wurmonline, dont put it down the drain. Most of us payed and played for over 6 years, tested the game, gave suggestions. Most of us are still on Wild-sever, dont flush us down the sewer....

• Like 4

Just remove FW's from the game at 1s a ql... People have bought them under the impression that they will work how they are and i think if removed from their use will be unfair.

• Like 3

I always figured it'd just be simple to make them not work with enemy in local same as twigs.

• Like 4

I just bought one for 90e so I hope not, lol

Removing things that exist is unfair against those who have it and spent money on it. I would like drake and scale gone, but it won't happen. New map could be a solution for these kind of things.

Edited by Sharkin

I'm one of those "carebears" (as Wulfgar put it) from Freedom that moved in on Chaos and tried it out for a couple of months. It was very exiting and fun times, the server was in ruins when I came there, me and a friend found quite alot of nicely enchanted loot in those ruins. Exploring was fun and frightening, when suddenly someone came into local and you knew if they found you, you would be dead in seconds :P We also put down two deeds, joined the JK alliance, built defenses, helped harrass MR a bit, and stole some boats. We made some new friends as well, something that is really easy here, this place has some very nice people. The people on chaos works more togehter than the rest of Freedom I have to say. The thing we never did though was ever standing the slightest chance in PvP, we got killed once each I think, and close to it sometime, but we knew we didn't stand a chance, so we tried to keep away from the enemy as much as possible.

I haven't given up Chaos completly, but I'm not active there anymore. Why? Because after the initial exitement, once I realized that it would take years to get the skills and RL money investments for armor and weapons it didn't feel much fun anymore. I have known from start that full PvP will eventually get re-activated, so those 2 deeds we built will get overrun eventually since we can't defend them against bashing/catapulting. That is fine though, I really think full PvP is the way to go.

The problem is that, with the way this game works, new players will never catch up. Old accounts with otherworldly skills, dragon armor, and old deeds built many years ago are extremly hard to compete with. Some skills are much harder to train now and some things built are not even possible to do anymore because bugs have been fixed.The only way as I see it is to buy an old account or two, which for me is not fun, I want to build my own character.

The chaos server is and will forever be a playground for the old timers, where newcomer have nothing to gain, unless they enjoy living on someone else's deed and grind their skills for years before going outside the walls of the village.

I still voted yes, full PvP is what this server is about and I feel sorry for those old timers who once choose this server as thier home believing it would be the place for PvP. Tremendous work has been put into characters and deeds on this server and the players deserves better than what they have now. It is too bad this also means you will never get many new firend to play with, but from the time spent there I know it is what almost everyone there wants.

• Like 1

You can be a newcomer from freedom and have the skills to compete in wild. I believe we were talking about a certain account on freedom which is the best pvp account without the account holder knowing so. To have Chaos gives freedomers the opportunity with their already built accounts to try freedom. you simply need 70fs and body stats and you a ready to go when you are with a group of friends with similar skills and in an alliance.

What Chaos needs is the old timers to restrain themselves when faced with newer people and not steam roll everyone that tries to settle down. However things go in the next few days Chaos needs to welcome people and give them time to fall in love with it and get used to an unfamiliar world - not drive a stake through their carebear hearts for being bold enough to sail west in the first place.

If those guys get sent packing then any chance for a lengthy revival on Chaos will be short lived.

Voted Yes.

Have a few friends who are moving to Chaos. Wish I could go with them for small PVP fun!

I just bought one for 90e so I hope not, lol

Removing things that exist is unfair against those who have it and spent money on it. I would like drake and scale gone, but it won't happen. New map could be a solution for these kind of things.

The difference between dragon armour and farwalkers is that, unless you have a farwalker, your chances of killing someone WITH one, is very close too zero, but just because someone is wearing drak/scale doesn't mean you can't outplay them

dragon armour, skill gaps are things that you can work around, ammys arnt, Farwalkers would be the sole reason i would not pvp on Chaos, because i'm not willing/able to but that kinda investment in

They should never have been made, but now they are here and it is unfair to remove it all of a sudden. If something, remove the speed speedbonus, but keep the falldmg protection, able in pvp. Gonna jump down from my dirtwalls durings raids pretending I'm sky diving.

• Like 1

I think some of the whining was because when Epic was released Wild suddenly became the land that time forgot, I've never played on Wild but for years I was content them doing their thing there and myself doing my thing on Freedom, even when people tossed out the excuses that the population was too low for it to be bothered with some of the Epic servers struggled to double the numbers on that server. God knows us Freedom players can make 18 page threads about enchanted grass nerfs or some poor soul caught having more than 27 horses, I fail to see the need to attempt to kick over their sandcastle.

With some of the epic servers now surpassing triple digits this is no longer a valid argument for why epic should not have replaced chaos/wild as the more successful pvp server model. That and the changes proposed to chaos do nothing to alleviate the fundamental reasons wild/chaos failed. But they could serve to negatively impact peoples perceptions of wurm pvp servers when then see the realities of the insurmountable skill gaps in live action and flee back too freedom never to venture out again.

We like that playstyle. Then you actually have to work for it, on epic everyone is equal.

Edited by Sharkin

Voted Yes.

Have a few friends who are moving to Chaos. Wish I could go with them for small PVP fun!

You`re welcomed :)

We like that playstyle. Then you actually have to work for it, on epic everyone is equal.

Its not a question of work, the reality is that the gap in fighting skills and other combat applicable skills between the old guard and anyone contemplating an entry into the chaos pvp arena is neigh insurmountable.

Edited by Joanavon

if you dont like it ,dont play on chaos .we like it many like it and will play ,other dont and will play on epic end of .stop crying like a girl

• Like 4

Its not a question of work, the reality is that the gap in fighting skills and other combat applicable skills between the old guard and anyone contemplating an entry into the chaos pvp arena is neigh insurmountable.

Not really... between 70 and 90 skill, there's not ALL that much of an effect for most things. If you work at it, you can catch up, at least enough to compete. Not like Epic is easy to catch up, either, to people like Hellfang and Gary.

Yes lets rekindle an old fire with burnt logs and no fresh ones to feed it. +123345342222

Holar you have no idea, because you don't play there. There is plenty of new players.

I don't have to play there and I do have idea sir, that map died years ago. Just because my name is Holar doesn't mean thats always been my name.

Clearly not. We hit 100 players yesterday and a few nights in a row.

Thanks for your enlightening input though Holar, working up to your reputation as per usual :)

• Like 6