Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Some Pvp Changes To Chaos

328 members have voted

1. 1. Should we increase PvP on Chaos?

• Yes
    • No

What I dislike about this plan is the "everyone hates everyone" attitude. There is no more friendly, neutral encounters anymore, every newb you run into is flagged enemy, which imho is plain wrong. It suggests you it's ok to kill the person but it's not ok to do that.

I don't want wild to be just us old farts sitting on our old server and slaughtering every new player that happens to stumble into us. That's not the attitude Wurm ever had or promoted and seeing the wild server being turned into some big hate game just doesn't feel right.

I am for being able to raid deeds, but I think for the server to succeed people need a chance to defend their deed. People do not want to fear logging in the next day surrounded by enemy and their deed a smoking ruin. Please add some type of siege timer.

Examples:

1. Build a Siege Camp within X number of tiles from the deed token being sieged. After 24 hours if that siege camp hasn't been destroyed, the deed becomes fully raidable until the Siege Camp is removed.

2. Every tower within X number of tiles of a deeds token must be captured before a deed can be sieged (exclude towers on deed).

People just need a chance to defend their work.

• Like 7

I am for being able to raid deeds, but I think for the server to succeed people need a chance to defend their deed. People do not want to fear logging in the next day surrounded by enemy and their deed a smoking ruin. Please add some type of siege timer.

Examples:

1. Build a Siege Camp within X number of tiles from the deed token being sieged. After 24 hours if that siege camp hasn't been destroyed, the deed becomes fully raidable until the Siege Camp is removed.

2. Every tower within X number of tiles of a deeds token must be captured before a deed can be sieged (exclude towers on deed).

+1

I like it because it gives inhabitants a fair chance to defend their months of work and what they've put their money into.

Edited by Deathangel
  • Like 2

+1

I like it because it gives inhabitants a fair chance to defend their months of work and what they've put their money into.

i like this idea gives a feel of mount & blade and Stronghold

Examples:

It sounds good on paper, but it will not work how raids.sieges actually function in wurm.

Examples:

+1 It's a better solution of sorts then what I've seen... and that being "Yay wild back!"

Edited by Nomadikhan

Examples:

The idea of getting at least some chance at defending your deed is needed. +1

Examples:

I think something like this is an awesome idea, it would allow full pvp/raiding and be amazingly fun. It would take a lot of time to implement, but I don't see any really functional good way to fix the current system.

I see a lot of 'No' votes but I don't see any arguments being put forward to explain why a player has voted 'No'.

Are people voting 'no' just for the sake of it or is the question being asked just too vague?

It's far too oriented actually. It's just one question when you need 2 or 3.

"Do you want more pvp somewhere on the the freedom cluster?", "Should it be on Chaos?" and "should it be classical KvK?".

Edited by Serpentarius

If anything, 24 hours is faaarr to long, 1 hour would be adequate if this idea should ever be considered. and the siege camp should have its own templars aswell.

The idea cant be done though as i just thought of its cryptonite. if its x tiles and has to be within those x-tiles then the defender can terraform those tiles terribly around his deed to stop any proper siege camps being placed. Yeah you cant do that idea.

If anything, 24 hours is on the short end. The amount of damage that can be inflicted to a persons deed needs to be shown proper respect. The camp could be within X tiles of a deeds perimeter instead of token (since deeds vary in size). I dont see a problem with people terraforming the land around their deed to help defend it... I thnk thats part of the game. Raiders can always remove off deed fortifications.

Edited by Stormcrow

Raids last around 2 hours because people cant stay on for long and what defenders do is wait till they have overwhelming support. 24 hours with attackers having to defend their warcamp is illogical in wurm pvp raiding

The point is to move away from small group midnight raids on undefended deeds and make it require a concerted effort but doable.

Personally, I can see pvp bug fixes, some tweaks to make it fun/fair, and full bashing allowed anywhere. When I go to bed at night, catapulting would take an hour, 1.5 tops if t he engineer isn't incompetent. Bashing takes time.

So by all means allow full bashing on deeds, but don't give catapults back, it's hard to get defenders at times so keepit fair.

Where it is midnight for some, is daytime for others Stormcrow.

The amount of effort you expect is not possible with wurm population, it be impossible for the population when WILD first came out.

If Kratos was raided, you would have to contend with the best fighters of MR, and the rest of MR, and your expectation is that an enemy can muster 30 members to stay on (or atleast take shifts throughout the 24hours) to raid the deed while under constant attack

Not to mention 5x5 deeds on an island that you would need to raise up tiles for a warcamp which would take weeks to muster the resources then wait another 24hours while defending that little piece of sand and then attack!? Plop down 5x5 deeds all over the place to completely slow down pvp and ruin it.

I cannot happen, it is illogical and pointless to argue that idea how wurm works.

• Like 3

Examples:

hmm I like it!

Examples:

Thats not the pvp idea though, at least, not in my opinion.

What im saying is. a deed on a pvp server isn't a single person/small group thing, if you want a deed on a pvp server, you get people, from ever timezone, a lot of em, and if you can't, you join a existing one, pvp servers encourage large group play, you're a part of a whole, a community, and have people on at all times

Again, this is MY opinion, but solo/small group play styles shouldn't be encouraged on pvp servers, large community play should.

If this kinda thing is introduced in, the chances of raiding a place would be slim to none, infact, it would be perfect for running traps,"Hey guys MR set up a seige camp at X location, lets make a mine, stealth, and jump em when they come"

Raids are just that, raids, we go when they don't expect it, and get out before they can mobilize

• Like 1

I've retracted my vote.

It wasn't explained on what was coming back so I'm not going to vote atm.

I'd like to have full kingdoms back again personally.

Examples:

So anyone wanting to raid any deed has to defend a point for 24hrs BEFORE they can even start to assault anything. Meaning that you would be asking players to stay online for up to 30hrs at a time? I'm sorry, but there would only be a handful of people willing to do that. I, am not one of those people. The main defense of a deed is that you build defense onto the deed and you have allies that will help defend when you're not around. Attackers are always on the back foot because they have less infrastructure and are going into enemy lands. Whilst this idea may seem cool 24hrs is simply far to long and completely unreasonable for 99% of the population.

I think an acceptable compromise would be that once a "siege camp" is set up that there is a server wide message announcing who has set up a siege camp. Thus alerting everyone online at the time that something is happening.

• Like 2

As a newbie on Chaos who had been enjoying a rather relaxed and pleasant Wurm experience, I still think PvP should come back. I look around and see so many people who have a great time with the little PvP they have left, and I think it would be wonderful if they could have more to work with.

I don't care if it means my little farmhouse will be razed to the ground and that I'll be forced to choose a side and all that...I just want to see more of the excitement I was anticipating when I first joined.

If I wanted a truly peaceful, risk-free Wurm experience, I'd be on a different server. =)

• Like 7

I personally hate pvp and would never venture to Chaos because of that reason, never the less pvp is pvp and because of that i vote yes to any changes that will improve the game for those who do want it......

• Like 1

I hate pvp not my game style No im no care beare as all love to call people like me it's just not my hame style. I play many fps games online with live people just not in my mmo. But I think in pvp you'll should have a no holds bared. True pvp is nothing is safe from raiding or destruction. And if you alliance with people and respect your brothern and only attack others then it's your right to do so. Seeing I don't pvp in this game i will say Rolf listen to your pvp players and fix this for them. So long as pvp stays out of the non pvp servers im cool with what ever these guys want on there server and will support them.

Wow 30 no votes? Is someone making a bunch of forum alts to vote no?

wild is the original pvp map ,full of history and epic fight over the years ,i am not opposed to a new map but chaos/wild is the daddy of pvp maps ,how hard can it be to just reverse to it it former self ,of is there a alterer motive as to why we cant have what we once had ,we pay our premium just like any others ,infact most of us been playing for years and are loyal customers .so i ask why would it be so bad that you simply give us back what was essentially ours anyway ,give us wild back you have the coding already there how hard can it be.

• Like 2