Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Some Pvp Changes To Chaos

328 members have voted

1. 1. Should we increase PvP on Chaos?

• Yes
    • No

New maps are band-aids, you look at most new servers and maps, and what happens? A large opening, bit spike, and a decline afterwards. They like the new fresh server smell, play for it a few weeks, and realize it's just the same game. Don't waste your time with a new map, I promise you 110% that will not fix any the issues of Wild at all, whatsoever. I am sure already Pristine is in a decline, and Celebration.

Just keep it very simple, like you don't have to overcomplicate it, and put that much time into it. I mean you already have PMK code live on Epic. Just put it on Chaos, and that solves a big issue of the PvP there. That's the biggest demand, just their own kingdom name back without sharing kchats, and towers. There's no borders anymore. There will still be existing problems though, but I think those problems will always persists and there's alternatives to them (going to Epic for example).

Edited by Postes
  • Like 7

+1 to what posteh said, please rolf, PLEASE give us PMK's or just standard kingdoms!

The basics should be very simple

If in an alliance then everyone in the alliance is on your side, everyone else is an enemy

If not in alliance but in a village then everyone in your village is on your side, everyone else is an enemy

if not in a village then everyone else is your enemy.

If someone is an enemy then they are fair game

If something is owned by an enemy then it is fair game

So long as you can correctly identify enemies then all else is gravy

I wrote a response in the Chaos forum thread a few days ago suggesting dumping kingdoms and going exactly that route and decided not to post since I'm not longer on Wild (never was in a significant way) and it seemed wrong for random folks to be tossing their 2 cents in as if they'd stuck it out like many of you.

This is the best solution in my opinion and looking at the vote totals it's looking promising for Wild. I'm having too much fun (and too much invested) on Epic to wander back to Wild but this is the form I've always thought PvP should take.

Good luck on getting the best outcome.

As i said before im fine with a map reset as long as the new map will be like the current one. Infact wouldnt it be possible to literally reset the map? Put the current map exactly like the way it was back when it was opened?

Voted yes, most people following this discussion know my opinions on the issue so i'll save my fingers :)

Thanks for looking at the issue Rolf, everyone on Chaos appreciates it.

• Like 1

I'm a freedomer, was never on chaos but voted for yes...why? because I always thought that chaos should be the "wild" server where no rules are regarding pvp...like a jungle where you can go into...hunt and beeing hunted

With the exact changes listed WITH at least a month's notice - yes, i want full pvp.

As a new player I just have to say that in my opinion most of us newbies would never go to chaos due to the things like 100 affinities and overwhelming chance of death with no ability to survive.

For release and pristine I'd love to see a new PVP server, but more so, PVP needs eve online type rules, with safe areas and little reward close to spawn and more rewards with less guards the further out you go.

I voted yes, i want pvp. But also, i want full pvp on chaos connected to freedom isles (No to freedom raiding!) because toons from freedom when they want a change, no matter the skill, they can contact the larger alliances and join their armies. It just opens freedom to the last experience that freedomers havent been offered to have a taste of. If you always imagine sieging castles where you have to make your camp outside of the castle, prepare the catapults and the ammunition train to it. fire the catapult while your archers are defending you against enemy archers on their walls. It's a thing of beauty :)

• Like 3

Since we're wishing for stuff, my personal wish would be for alliances and deeds to automatically be neutral to each other and thus, prevent immediate random raiding. Then allow alliances or deeds to declare non consensual war on another alliance / deed which then allows full raiding. Out in the wild, business as usual. Doing things like this means you're not by default in a state of perpetual war against everyone but your own alliance / village. This allows people the option to negotiate away their concerns rather than just smash and grab as it is now. Makes things more interesting at least knowing it doesn't always have to be constant war. Of course it wouldn't stop people declaring war on everyone and raiding as they see fit but it will make it possible for people to ally themselves for the purposes of punishing the warmongering deeds, should it come to that. As long as there's a brief period between declaring war and being able to raid, it gives people a little time to prepare for war rather than wake up one morning and find their walls down and token drained.

But you know, full raiding under whatever circumstances is a must. Just be nice to do things in a way that will encourage people to stay or move over instead of just leave.

I would love to see real diplomacy on the server, and PMKs most likely would be the best and simplest way. Automatically being the enemy of everyone else isn't very realistic imo. If I just want hack and slash then there are plenty of other game choices out there. Let's put some effort into this. But if nothing else simply restored PvP will be a start.

I see a lot of 'No' votes but I don't see any arguments being put forward to explain why a player has voted 'No'.

Are people voting 'no' just for the sake of it or is the question being asked just too vague?

I miss being a Black lighter :angry:

Allow villages to dedicate themselves to a single god for a bonus in effectiveness of some of their spells? A Libelan village would then be Blacklighter.

I see a lot of 'No' votes but I don't see any arguments being put forward to explain why a player has voted 'No'.

Are people voting 'no' just for the sake of it or is the question being asked just too vague?

Probably both, it could however be because there is a multitude of supporters occupying the thread. Saying why you voted "No" is putting your neck out on the line and receiving a severe burn wound. (See what I did there?) =]

I don't particularly care what happens, at the moment I'm happily playing on Epic. If the population drops here, then I will move back to Wild. S'all gravy either way....

Although saying that, I have a lot of friends on Chaos and it isn't a good thing to see them so disappointed - I'm therefore more inclined towards a "Yes".

I voted yes, because PVP needs a place. The very simple village and alliance based system I'm seeing being bounced around here seems like a good idea.

For me to actually join a PVP server there would need to be other changes, but the ideas mentioned definitely seem like a step in the right direction for PVP in general.

Just give us back the oldschool rules and I'll be satisfied. I don't want any drastic ridiculous changes.

k.i.s.s.

Keep it simple stupid.

And I swear if I see someone mention giving wild the epic skill curve to 'make people want to 'try it out' I will slap them.

Edited by GreenHero
  • Like 1

The only problem im seeing is;

Please the loyal over the years players (Making it harder for new players to give it a chance/Like it)

or make the server appealing for the new players (effectivly pissing off/losing the oldschool players)

Lot of money spent on Chaos. Even more money to be made if it worked well. Why not spend some time on it? As with any endeavor, if you're going to do something, do it right. It will get paid for.

Lot of money spent on Chaos. Even more money to be made if it worked well. Why not spend some time on it? As with any endeavor, if you're going to do something, do it right. It will get paid for.

That said, I like playing on Deli too, and like spending a week here and a week there.

Voted yes.

+1 to full rework of the PVP system, no point doing it if you're not going to actually *FIX* it. And I personally do this its a priority, what else is there that's big and needs work? bridges..? we can made due w/o them for a while longer.. lol

-1 to new map/map reset

-10 to skill curve

I can't see any new player ever bothering with Chaos without a map reset, honestly.

I can't see any new player ever bothering with Chaos without a map reset, honestly.

Why? new players have been going to chaos in the half-broken state its currently in? theres tons of villages to join especially if you have friends on freedom. And joining an already founded map gives them more protection then a new one would. New map imo would cause more rage quit and not re-rolling would bring back old players that miss the pvp.

i voted yes to more pvp on chaos and i never been on chaos/wild and probably never will,just pls dont screw up the rest of freedom if the changes u are going to do are too much take it out of freedom