Sign in to follow this  
Airwalkre

Hallucinations From The Path Of Insanity Should Follow You Around

I think it would be neat if the hallucinations from the path of insanity would follow you around till you logged out, even through locked doors/gates ( like those creepy tower guards and spirit templars that roam your deed's, templars even walk through walls { if a hallucination did that :) }) and across water. It would add more to the immersion of the path. Plus it would just be a cool wow factor to add in.

• Like 3

Oh god no. The current ones are bad enough. Nothing startles like being in your house and turning around and being face to illusionary face with a lava fiend.

• Like 1

Scorn was staring me down like all yesterday from the waterline by my deed. He didn't budge a step. I think they could use some more activity, perhaps creepy music or something else like event messages.

• Like 1

Scorn was staring me down like all yesterday from the waterline by my deed. He didn't budge a step. I think they could use some more activity, perhaps creepy music or something else like event messages.

They should talk to you in local too. And of course, you re the only one to see the messages.
  • Like 4

+1 if they're good hallucinations, so other players think you're actually going crazy.

• Like 2

Lol make em actually look and be named as creatures, and have them attack you, not dealing damage but interrupting actions until you kill them. Event window to others would just be you acting dumb.

~Elen waves her axe around in a wild manner while screaming.~

• Like 6

The worst is the lava fiend named Pus that before multi story update twice appeared behind me, like right behind me in my house with his head poking thtough the roof

Lol make em actually look and be named as creatures, and have them attack you, not dealing damage but interrupting actions until you kill them. Event window to others would just be you acting dumb.

Yes yes and yes lol

Have hallucinations of random offline players that you have in your friend list talking to you in local. :D Mybe show them as being part of thene enemy kingdom to freak you out.

• Like 2

Necrobump courtesy by Steveleeb for linking this.

On 1/10/2013 at 2:53 PM, Elen said:

No, do make it look like they deal damage. If you die by this "illusory damage" (which stacks with real damage), the mob disappears and your character "snaps out of it", removing all illusory wounds, possibly with some stat like thirst, hunger, or nutrition drained slightly. Defeating illusory mobs should give skill gains though, perhaps at a reduced rate, since the risk is also lower.

• Like 1