Sign in to follow this  
Spiral

The Former Cherrywood Isle

Freedom PvP at its best!

Who said PvP is all about hitting eachother in the head? :D

• Like 1

I presume they're role-playing to increase the sense of control they have over the world? In any case, I blame their parents. Keep the computer in the living room and an eye on your kids folks.

How foolish I was to try and attract more players to this game by framing it in a way that makes it appear to be other than the button clicking simulator it is

If you don't like the game, then you don't like the game. It's ok. Thank you for your attempts at "attracting" more players, but it would be more helpful to

1. not mischaracterize the game to fool your friends into playing it with you.

2. grow a pair and go to a PvP server if world domination is what you are interested in. I understand you may have a harder time there, and "winning" is far from certain since old timers there could squash you like a little bug if you annoy them, but it is the right thing to do.

Suppose it is not surprising you chose Freedom.

The new Wurm servers have miniscule maps and pretty much any tolerable spot has already been claimed by an empty deed on a barren rockface.

This is a very common misconception we hear from new players all the time. One does need to have some grit and tenacity to make it in Wurm. You may have to travel a bit, you may have to meet the locals and get a sense of what's out there. Your first deed may not be the perfect one on the ocean with every type of ore you want.

Joining the game with the sole purpose of antagonizing the local population, on servers that don't allow PvP, doesn't exactly impart the "cool tough guy" factor you guys are hoping for. Quite to the contrary... Buck up, and take your playstyle to a place designed for it. As I said earlier, you are not guaranteed an easy win. You are not guaranteed to get under anyone's skin considering one swing of a large maul would likely take care of you. It is, however, what people with a spine would do.

• Like 2

This is a very common misconception we hear from new players all the time..

Yeah those new players who have made recruitment threads on their forum since the beta and with tons of players who started this game in 2007. Those newbie goons with their 90+ skills. I am sorry we don't target your demographic in our recruitment thread on our forum, your style of posting would be expansive there.

Buck up, and take your playstyle to a place designed for it
So well designed around KvK instead of open Pvp that Wild is empty and Epic players have to beg people to join their cluster. Edited by Serpentarius

The OP is under review, locking this thread.

9 ) You may not accuse or suggest that other users have broken the Wurm Online forum, chat or game rules in any part of the forum. Such accusations should be sent to forum, chat or game moderators respectively. Even if it is proven that users have broken the rules, it is not advisable to discuss it in the forum.

• Like 1