Sign in to follow this  
Spiral

The Former Cherrywood Isle

First, Fearil didn't deed the clay. Get your facts straight.

Second, we know the guy who owns Alchemist's Ring behind the Sanctuary of Fo. We emailed him.

Third, I didn't build all the walls around Alchemist's Ring. I don't know who did. Wasn't me

Lastly, the mayor of Light of Allah admitted to me that he was the one who turned all the land to dirt because he wanted hunting lands. Funny part is that his deed overlooks a giant desert full of scorps.

It was him. My facts are as heterosexual as they can be.

Second, we know the guy who owns Alchemist's Ring behind the Sanctuary of Fo. We emailed him.

Third, I didn't build all the walls around Alchemist's Ring. I don't know who did. Wasn't me

Lastly, the mayor of Light of Allah admitted to me that he was the one who turned all the land to dirt because he wanted hunting lands. Funny part is that his deed overlooks a giant desert full of scorps.

[01:08:53] <Islandgirl> do you know how turned all the land to dirt? and then planted mixed grass? Serp thought it was me, and I thought it was him. it wasn't me, that I know for sure.

[01:09:17] <Islandgirl> sorry, *who turned the land, not "how" oops

[01:40:52] <Atndybeach> I don;t blame him

[01:41:58] <Islandgirl> do you know who turned the land to dirt? and planted mixed grass/steppe? it wasn't me

[01:42:16] <Atndybeach> yeah it was me

[01:42:25] <Islandgirl> why?

[01:42:28] <Atndybeach> why plant trees when you are going to cut them all down i figured

[01:42:33] <Atndybeach> might as well make it into a hunting spot

[01:42:53] <Islandgirl> sigh

[01:43:07] <Atndybeach> sorry you cutted my sprouts?? idk what do youw ant me to say

And of course, they spin everything by quoting partial conversations, ignoring the many times the island residents attempted to negotiate, including the endless patience of Fearil, who tried to mediate when things got hot.

Lethal doses of irony detected, abandon thread.

I did not turn it to dirt. I did not deed over the clay.

I don't have a picture of Cherrywood Isle before they arrived, but as you can tell from the NAME, it was forested in Cherry trees.

Dont' let this group of shameful people fool you. They've been nothing but disruptive and immature.

When I built an enclosure, they put a line of troll statues in front of it just to make me mad.

When they didn't have any trees to build with, they cut down the trees on everyone's elses perimeters.

They regularly fart and use other negative emotes at us.

We asked them to stop. We asked them to stay to one corner of the island and leave the other residents alone. They have not listened.

Meh. Cherry trees are worthless weeds. Better off without them. Before the cherry trees it was forested in a variety of trees. Maybe you destroyed Variety Tree Isle.

[15:13:22] <Fearil> And if theres communication, clay access shouldn't be a problem

I get my facts from you so it would explain why they are bended.

Also since you named the thread "the former cherrywood isle", should we ask the map makers to rename it "The isle formerly known as Cherrywood Isle" on their map.

Edited by Serpentarius

It was him. My facts are as heterosexual as they can be.

<Atndybeach> who deeded clay

<Kawdzo> i did

<Kawdzo> clay has now been deed over

Sorry, Lerk. you're wrong.

[01:08:53] <Islandgirl> do you know how turned all the land to dirt? and then planted mixed grass? Serp thought it was me, and I thought it was him. it wasn't me, that I know for sure.

[01:09:17] <Islandgirl> sorry, *who turned the land, not "how" oops

[01:40:52] <Atndybeach> I don;t blame him

[01:41:58] <Islandgirl> do you know who turned the land to dirt? and planted mixed grass/steppe? it wasn't me

[01:42:16] <Atndybeach> yeah it was me

[01:42:25] <Islandgirl> why?

[01:42:28] <Atndybeach> why plant trees when you are going to cut them all down i figured

[01:42:33] <Atndybeach> might as well make it into a hunting spot

[01:42:53] <Islandgirl> sigh

[01:43:07] <Atndybeach> sorry you cutted my sprouts?? idk what do youw ant me to say

Yes, exactly. Atndybeach cut down all the cherries, lemons and apples, tried to replant pines and cedars. They were cut down and were replaced with cherry trees. THey were cut down by an unknown somone and left to rot.

War of the sprouts! Fascinating stuff.

here they are in all their glory, the trolls that the mayor of Light of Allah placed in front of my deed enclosure, even after I asked him to stop building them. This is griefing, dear forum readers. Right there. Tell me you wouldn't be angry too?

7lksT.jpg

I happen to think those troll statues look awesome. If a neighbour of mine built this, I would praise them.

<Atndybeach> who deeded clay

<Kawdzo> i did

<Kawdzo> clay has now been deed over

Sorry, Lerk. you're wrong.

Kawdzo, Regulus and Fearil are the same person, as far as I know.

Yes, exactly. Atndybeach cut down all the cherries, lemons and apples, tried to replant pines and cedars. They were cut down and were replaced with cherry trees. THey were cut down by an unknown somone and left to rot.

War of the sprouts! Fascinating stuff.

You did. You left tracks around the trees. There were only your tracks present when we noticed the trees being gone. For all your complaints, you're doing a great job justifying all the fences.

So who cut down all the original trees and planted fruit trees? Must have been someone. We saw the island before anyone else. On server opening. Very few fruit trees. You are all fighting about stupid stuff.

Can't we all just get along. lmao

the expensive but necessary answer is to deed the areas they are destroying, hire a guard, and set them all to KOS. keep them from moving anywhere except away from the island.

• Like 1

the expensive but necessary answer is to deed the areas they are destroying, hire a guard, and set them all to KOS. keep them from moving anywhere except away from the island.

If they just did this, there wouldn't have been any drama.

So who cut down all the original trees and planted fruit trees? Must have been someone. We saw the island before anyone else. On server opening. Very few fruit trees. You are all fighting about stupid stuff.

Good question, Macgregor.

Perhaps you could point out a nice area for the GoonSquad to settle besides this little island, one with endless forests of mature, already planted pines and cedars for them to cut down. Or maybe they enjoy cutting down fruit trees of little "pubbies"? Yeah, it's probably that.

Good question, Macgregor.

Perhaps you could point out a nice area for the GoonSquad to settle besides this little island, one with endless forests of mature, already planted pines and cedars for them to cut down. Or maybe they enjoy cutting down fruit trees of little "pubbies"? Yeah, it's probably that.

Please, if you find such an area, we would be amazed and jump on it immediately.

Problem: it does not exist outside your head. The new Wurm servers have miniscule maps and pretty much any tolerable spot has already been claimed by an empty deed on a barren rockface.

Please, if you find such an area, we would be amazed and jump on it immediately.

Who are you? Because we don't. At least none of the current deed owners. But if you want to drop your own deed and spread the goonlove, feel free. I tend to keep my deeds for one or two years. If you don't like the new neighborhood Spiral, Freedom is large and you are free to explore it, but i am perfectly happy on that little island. And that's not your pitiful "LOOK AT WHAT THEY HAVE DONE" thread that will make me go.

Edited by Serpentarius

Wow, Cherrywood Isle was the very first place I settled when I first moved to Celebration. Kinda glad I moved elsewhere! For whoever has the undeeded enclosure - just fork up some cash and deed the place, problem solved. 20 euro will get you a decent sized place then you can do what the heck you want with it. Instead of complaining at the GM's - support the developers!

No deed, no final say. It's harsh but if you don't deed it and it's not in your enclosure it's tough luck. It's not griefing per rules and the code of conduct has nothing on this either. Having been there before them means nothing.

I've had this happen to myself and a friends as well. You have two choices:

1 - you relocate (which we did in the end)

2 - you deal with it and stop complaining.

*edit spelling*

Edited by Roger Hellers

The only reference i have about Cherrywood island is that a friend of mine buyed a deed in the island a couple of months ago and was griefed from day one until he left.

So seem to me that this time the peacefull and friendly inhabitatns of the paradise picked up on the wrong guy...

I call it karma.

+1 for some pvp, both your groups get together and kill each other a bit, declare village war or something.

• Like 2

+1 for some pvp, both your groups get together and kill each other a bit, declare village war or something.

I am not opposed to this

We could even use the arena we've been building

Edited by mrtaccgnol

The only reference i have about Cherrywood island is that a friend of mine buyed a deed in the island a couple of months ago and was griefed from day one until he left.

So seem to me that this time the peacefull and friendly inhabitatns of the paradise picked up on the wrong guy...

I call it karma.

This is pretty much exactly what happened in this case too. A bunch of drama created by people who were mad that a small cherry grove 50+ tiles from their deeds was chopped down and replaced with pines and cedars.

Keep in mind that all the other deeds have fenced in treefarms of useful trees but for some reason the off deed area has to be left as fruit trees and left alone.

The entire island is covered in enclosures now and it's a pain to try to cross it because nearly every other deed has fenced in everything they could.

Goons have been around in the game for many years.

As I said in that thread, the Cherrywood Isle Home Owners Association has been extremely hostile to any change that happens in their local no matter what that change is. We just had the bad luck of settling between two feuding alliances who each thought they owned the island and ended up being the easy scapegoat for both.