Sign in to follow this  
Spiral

The Former Cherrywood Isle

This is what some selfish and immature players have done to Cherrywood Isle in Celebration.

kpyYI.png

This used to be all trees...and this picture doesn't even show half of what they've done. If this isn't "destroying land for no good purpose", I don't know what is.

There were seven regular residents on the island when this group moved in. Before they arrived, we were living relatively conflict-free. Now we are scared to log in to the game because of what we might see. We have asked them to stop. We have asked them to stay in their area and not expand further. They have not listened. In fact, most often they simply mock us.

We have contacted GMs, who say if it's not on-deed, it's fair game. This is perfect situation where GMs could enforce the Code of Conduct. They are not breaking rules, but they are causing pain and distress to the other inhabitants nearby. The new arrivals to Cherrywood Isle are a disgrace to this game, and make the GMs look like spineless fools, and make the game so unappealing that several of us want to quit.

This is just one example of the bad behaviour, griefing, and immaturity that they have demonstrated. There is much, more more.

I am equal parts angry and sad at what has happened on Cherrywood Isle. Yes, I have cried over a bunch of pixels. I have raged over virtual trees. This felt like my home in Wurm, and now it's been desecrated.

What can be done?

They painted huge black lines over everything, this is terrible.

• Like 4

This is just one example of the bad behaviour, griefing, and immaturity that they have demonstrated. There is much, more more.

I am equal parts angry and sad at what has happened on Cherrywood Isle. Yes, I have cried over a bunch of pixels. I have raged over virtual trees. This felt like my home in Wurm, and now it's been desecrated.

What can be done?

The area you are showing that picture was mostly grass yesterday until islandgirl (one of the"regular resident") went around and dug it out. The previous days some of the "regular residents" (Islandgirl mostly) and one guy from the northmere alliance i think, spiralcee or spiralzee (one of your alt i guess?) spent their time cutting down the cedar and pine trees we replanted at "young" age. So what can be done? I don't know? Stop self-griefing yourself?

Edit: the island yesterday.

wurm.20130108_.1922_.jpg

Note that it's before spiral/island girl made it to dirt. Also note the the dirt on the right is because we covered the rock with dirt to expand the forest area. Sadly the trees we planted there where constantly cut down by the "regular residents" just after we planted them. I guess those new trees made the regular "rage over pixel" as you described.

Edited by Serpentarius

Remember the time we had a nice civil discussion about things and you went and escalated the conflict by deeding the only source of clay? And then ran crying to the 'spineless GMs' with baseless accusations of abusive language when no one has ever said a word to you? Or the racist remarks thrown by you in local chat?

Good times.

I like your selective picture of the worst part of our area. Why not take selective pictures of other parts? Well I did:

/>http://imgur.com/a/CxEd9

And keep in mind we, as a settlement, are still under heavy construction. Hence all the unfinished buildings, and the need to clear forest space for expansion. I am sorry we wanted to replace your cherry trees with real lumber trees (birch, cedar, oak, etc.).

P.S: blame imgur for converting my big pngs to crappy jpgs.

Stripes really are slimming... not sure on the colour though

I did not turn it to dirt. I did not deed over the clay.

I don't have a picture of Cherrywood Isle before they arrived, but as you can tell from the NAME, it was forested in Cherry trees.

Dont' let this group of shameful people fool you. They've been nothing but disruptive and immature.

When I built an enclosure, they put a line of troll statues in front of it just to make me mad.

When they didn't have any trees to build with, they cut down the trees on everyone's elses perimeters.

They regularly fart and use other negative emotes at us.

We asked them to stop. We asked them to stay to one corner of the island and leave the other residents alone. They have not listened.

So what, have they done anything actually against the rules or did they just upset you? Because only one of those matters.

Of course, we are obligated to listen to your every whim and racist remark without complaint. Especially after you decided to start a cold war and call GMs on us without any reason or evidence, before even trying to speak to anyone. You're the vulture that pretended to be all friendly and diplomatic before bisecting the island with your fence while we went about our business. And I'm sure you weren't the one who stole my cart after a server restart, either. Surely, it must have been someone from outside the island, stealthily wrecking our landscape in an attempt to make you look bad.

:rolleyes:

Please don't accuse me of things I didn't do.

Once again, listen carefully cuz I think you're a little slow:

1. I did not deed over the clay. That was another resident who was worried that you would deed it first and restrict access ot all the island residents.

2. I did not build a fence across the island. I don't know who did that, but I imagine it was someone who didn't want you to cut down their cherry trees.

3. I did not turn the island to dirt. I would have planted trees, because I want MOAR trees, not less.

4. I did not call a GM until a player put 9 trol statues in front of my enclosure just to make me mad.

5. I am not racist and I have never made a racist remark.

6. I did not take your cart.

You want more complaints?

Who cut down all the fruit trees and then planted pines and cedars on an island named Cherrywood Isle?? (Doh if you wanted pines and cedars, there are many places on Cele that have them growing wild, silly.)

Who named their boat "moist ######"?

Who named their building "Shithouse"?

Who named their building "Dong Harem?"

Who took the two brown horses by Flamewrath?

Who just today cut down an entire apple orchard (plus about 20 other trees) to place a single mine entrance? (The trees weren't in the way, you cut them down out of spite.)

And who turned the island to dirt?

Who named their building "Shithouse"?

Who named their building "Dong Harem?"

these are the only things on that list that might matter

I think it looks beautiful without the trees. Now you can see where all the creatures are hiding and spy on your neighbours.

• Like 1

Who cut down all the fruit trees and then planted pines and cedars on an island named Cherrywood Isle?? (Doh if you wanted pines and cedars, there are many places on Cele that have them growing wild, silly.)

Well even if it was called "SPIRAL ISLAND" on the player made maps, i don't think it would make you queen of the island. Going mad over pixels i guess.

1. I did not deed over the clay. That was another resident who was worried that you would deed it first and restrict access ot all the island residents.

The clay was in his perimeter or just outside it, making it impossible to deed. The other side of the clay is the ocean. Was he afraid we will drop 40000 dirt around and somewhat manage to deed the clay? Also the motto of that deed is the old motto of the apartheid regime in South Africa.

The rest is pure rambling, i am happy to know you like to call the gms over the slight-lest perceived problem, i now know why it always take them 1 hours to show up when i have a boat or a cave bug. And i don't think not obeying your every whims make them looks "spineless". I actually feel bad for them: they have to deal with you constantly i would guess.

Edited by Serpentarius
  • Like 1

2. I did not build a fence across the island. I don't know who did that, but I imagine it was someone who didn't want you to cut down their cherry trees.

3. I did not turn the island to dirt. I would have planted trees, because I want MOAR trees, not less.

4. I did not call a GM until a player put 9 trol statues in front of my enclosure just to make me mad.

5. I am not racist and I have never made a racist remark.

6. I did not take your cart.

Except all of these things have eyewitness reports against you or your tracks were found there. Do tell why your tracks were deep in our territory, between two houses, where my cart was the day before.

I confess. That was me. Now it has an even better name, thanks to the GMs.

But I hardly see what that has to do with anything. I gave it that name on Independence.

Why not just deed the area if you don't want people to do stuff to it?

• Like 2

I want to report something horrible horrible i just did, apparently islandgirl is spiral and after she just wasted 20 minutes of my time over who cut a cherry tree, i lost it and called her "a <censored> child". I want to apologize for my rudness but in my defense she is acting like a "<censored>" child.

Lerk, I don't know who you are, but I am not Inspira or Vitrelle, if that's who you think I am.

Besides, why would I lie on the forums? That's just dumb.

Everything done in Wurm is logged. The GMs and devs can just go find out who did things, easy as pie. And that's what I'm asking them to do. Come in, mediate a childish dispute that is escalating more every day, and enforce the Freedom Code of Conduct.

I do not own a deed. I am not a premium player (yet). I have not stolen anything. I have not cut down trees on other people's property or perimeter.

I am simply trying to preserve the beautiful forested island that was my first home on Wurm.

Yes, I understand it's a community game. Yes, I understand the rules. And in fact, about 80% of the people I've come across in this game are lovely, friendly, helpful people. Perhaps that's why this situation is so distressing.

Besides, why would I lie on the forums? That's just dumb.

Because you do it everywhere else?

Why not just deed the area if you don't want people to do stuff to it?

Because Islandgirl does not want people to follow the rules, she wants people to follow her rules.

Edited by Lerk