Sign in to follow this  
Nesox

Deed & Building Security/permissions

I have been playing since the launch of Pristine and have learnt an awful lot about the game and it's intricacies. One part of the game I am finding confusing however, is deed and building security and permissions.

Here is the scenario that a friend and I are working on - we are constructing a building to be used as a shipyard, it will face the water with a short slipway out the front into the water itself. Ideally, we'd like the water front wall of the building to be comprised of archways; for larger boats it's more aesthetic than just doors. The building is on a deed that we have placed.

However, since archways appear to allow anyone into the building regardless of writ settings, we'd need fences to lock down the slipway...which frankly, would look crap. So ultimately, what I'd like to achieve is to have an open front to the shipyard building but prevent other players from messing with any WIP ships within. Is this possible?

As a secondary question, in the case of a building with multiple locked doors, is it possible to set access permissions seperately for different doors (i.e. to separate internal rooms) or are building permissions always global for said building?

Actually fences with arches I dont think would be too bad. Was thinking of that recently when I was trying to figure out how to make a prison =D

no one can mess with your boat if it is inside a house or on deed or both. or can they now?

Edited by hoof2000

An unfinished boat can be finished then dragged off deed by the finisher or so a mailbox alt that has no time left for the boat on his deed tells me when he said finish it take it. Unfinished it says I cant drag it as bad for a karma, but it does let me construct it.

Edited by yarnevk

An unfinished boat can be finished then dragged off deed by the finisher or so a mailbox alt that has no time left for the boat on his deed tells me when he said finish it take it. Unfinished it says I cant drag it as bad for a karma, but it does let me construct it.

That's good and bad... an unfinished boat can be finished and dragged off deed but a wood scrap on the floor can't be moved? Sounds like unfinished boat area needs to be locked. Perhaps a fenced-in side yard next to the boathouse would suffice. Gates and doors locked of course.

Edited by Snowmantis

Thanks for the replies everyone, sounds like the plan will work but I notice yarnevk mentions that others can still continue building an unfinished boat even when inside a building or on deed. Is that intended? Why would I want random people to be able build something of mine that is on a deed, it doesn't seem to make sense for that to be the case?

People can *not* continue to build a boat that is on your deed as long as the *build* option is not x'd in your deed settings for non-citizens, which is the standard setting. Maybe if someone started a boat on your deed they continue to build it though. Not sure about that but any boat that you or others start on your deed can not be continued by anyone else other than your citizens and the mayor.

So in the instance that you described your boat is safe from being finished by anyone else and it dosen't even have to be inside a building, just on a deed tile for that protection.

=Ayes=

I don't think that is true because I cannot build a fence or repair the guys shack, but I can build his unfinished boat that is in the open on his deed. I don't think it is covered by build because it is not a fixture of the deed. Though technically it is an unfinished fixture, because you cannot steal it unfinished. I could be wrong about being to drag it off, but that had several CA confirm when I asked. The only negative I got was you have to trust your neighbor not to finish, or someone else ninja finish it, but the bottom line was the finisher is the owner, and not the deeder.

A locked gate house fence enclosure should keep it secure, in my neighbors case he is a mailbox alt downsized to move to another server. He does not want to mess any further with the boat. He said it was there before he ever deeded 2yrs ago so do not know if there is some grandfathering going on, I will just be PO if I do finish it and can't drag it and have to wait to catch him the 2m a week he is on, and be doubly PO if he can't drag it either because he did not finish. And if someone ninja finishes, well I guess I will have boat skill to build a bigger better boat faster then.

Edited by yarnevk

People can *not* continue to build a boat that is on your deed as long as the *build* option is not x'd in your deed settings for non-citizens, which is the standard setting.

^ This is halfway wrong.. working on a boat is to continue on an unfinished item and has nothing to do with the 'build' option in the deed settings.

^ This is halfway wrong.. working on a boat is to continue on an unfinished item and has nothing to do with the 'build' option in the deed settings.

I will check into this further on a friends deed and if my information posted is even halfway wrong, I will edit my post accordingly.

=Ayes=