Sign in to follow this  
LennyHarvey85

Another Reprospect

• Reprospected various tiles to slate and marble. A few lead, zinc or tin tiles may have been affected as well
  • Armour should no longer disappear from the model as you are dying
  • Various issues resolved with building
  • You should now be able to plan donut shaped structures

View the tumblr article

*Crossing fingers for Marble and slate in my mine!*

As per the Dev Blog:

"Reprospected various tiles to slate and marble. A few lead, zinc or tin tiles may have been affected as well"

Thoughts?

donut shaped houses... YEAH

Edited by hoof2000
  • Like 2

SWEET

Awesome news, happy to hear about the slate and marble, wonder how long before people start finding these. Is the case that some current lead and zinc have been replaced with these, because this could be bad for people who like them as they are, or have they been added as 'undiscovered' veins.

Building donut shaped houses is an awesome idea, only wish I knew this was coming and I wouldn't have planned all of my deeds. If there's a hole in the middle of a 3x3, for example, can we assume a floor cannot be planned above this gap?

Cheers!

patchnotes anyone? I'm at work! -- I really dont want to lose any other veins over slate/marble :( Replace rock!

:D Now I can build a house around my horse pen

Yaaay!

Is the skill limit for doughnut shaped houses the same as normal houses? (as in, do inner walls factor into the limit?)

If so the biggest we can build is 9x9 tiles with a 7x7 hole in the middle (36 outer walls + 28 inner walls + 32 tiles = 96 skill)

Pretty decent, but kinda small to be the outer wall of a big fortress :P

Also, can we build other houses inside the hole?

Edited by bdew

Hi,

checked our mines - no slate nor marble, in hundreds of possible tiles.

Good news - not more of our existent veins have vanished.

Maybe he spawned new veins in still undetected places?

Have fun!

Edit: Ah, the patch notes ...

Edited by Xandra

Anyone else mine their lead tiles after this change and have them go POOF? After this change we mined one ore taken from a vein that previously had about 130 ore mined, and it poofed on me :(. I know they can have really small amounts if you are unlucky, but this just seems too coincidental.

If this isn't happening to other people I would love to know, as atm im afraid to touch my other tin and lead.

Anyone else mine their lead tiles after this change and have them go POOF? After this change we mined one ore taken from a vein that previously had about 130 ore mined, and it poofed on me :(. I know they can have really small amounts if you are unlucky, but this just seems too coincidental.

If this isn't happening to other people I would love to know, as atm im afraid to touch my other tin and lead.

i'll check my lead in the evening, don't mind any of it going poof :P

Note that veins can be VERY small, the smallest i've heard about only had 50 ore in it.

no luck in finding any slate vein,,, not to mention no marble at all.

I'm hoping they're only appearing on undiscovered areas only. Would be 'too convenient' if already exposed tiles appeared as the new veins.

None found in existing excavated mines - 1 marble found prospecting a mountain that was prospected before with no slate or marble. Haven't excavated it yet.

checked our 3 mines found 1 rock tile had been converted to marble :) my hope for a marble church is possible now

I keep throwing money at my screen but nothing's happening so will just have to settle for many many thanks.

Edited by belthize
  • Like 3

Yay ty devs!. time to go prospecting XD So far didnt find any , but too early to tell just yet. Shall report again tonight.

Edited by fatboy

Is there some reason reprospecting could not be done as everyone suggested which is do not wipe out existing ores like you did last time? It seems an attempt was made to pick lesser ores, but to a boat maker lead is not a lesser ore, and to a lamp maker neither are zinc and tin.

Very simply should have added them to rock tiles to begin with and only unmined ores if you really had to.

Edited by yarnevk

Looked through my entire mine, still find no slate or marble. I wonder if Rolf remembered that the rock layer extends under the water? That would mean he has generated new veins, but many are far underwater and will never be reached.

I'm sure other people have noticed this, but it seems that they snuck in the addition where whenever you enter the command /who it now tells you what server you're on. Very nice.

• Like 1

I have 20 veins of Tin , he can use some of that to make slate or marble.

But looks like its regional again.

Nothing around my area in my mines..

Or on rock facing ive been prospecting.

Theres also a ton of lead veins.

Anyone else think this needs merging with the developer post? :-)

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this