Sign in to follow this  
RockyBalboa

Door Lock For Each Room In House! (Fance Gate Good Too)

Ok idea is simple... now we can make more floors also more rooms in our MS house... but for biger houses i wil suggest that rolf allow us to make sort of inner doors witch can be locked with key, mybe for start just enable us to build fance gates as inner walls... Why will this be good for us.... sometimes u must have more ppl. on guest list, your sister live with u in same house or u get someone to visit you and u dont wana show some rooms in house... so even if player is on guest list he cant pass fance gates without key. Em rolf mybe will not like it... but is nice way to make more flats in one big house... so more ppl can live in same house and use rooms for witch have key or there is no key needed..... still ppl who use house need to be on guest list to pick up items or move it. Also will be usefull for Hotel, bank, difrent public places, indoor markets... I see that idea very inportend for wurm!

Edited by RockyBalboa
  • Like 4

yeah, like that idea, and while we are talking about this, please let us build walls and fences on ground level. right now you are only able to do this on 2nd floor and up

How about use the regular door lock and instead you could have separate permissions for each door within the house? Although it might be hard to separate the overall house settings vs. inner ones. But would really help with Inns and such. Also would allow big storage houses for a whole village but only allow people access to certain parts to keep them from snooping into say higher ql materials that they shouldn't.

Overall +1 :D

• Like 3

I like the idea but would prefer mine door type permissions instead. I don't want more keys, already need a proper key ring.

• Like 4

NES means manage the inner house doors like you would mine doors. I agree with that and the key ring lol

+1 Would love this.. I plan on living above a workshop in the village I run ( more space for villagers to set up their own homes that way ) So would love to be able to lock the "back door" to people but allow all villagers to enter and use the first floor stuff.. right now I use an arch and a gate on side of buildings, with the stairs up walled from the main door. Lock gate, no one but me can get up

• Like 1

How about use the regular door lock and instead you could have separate permissions for each door within the house? Although it might be hard to separate the overall house settings vs. inner ones. But would really help with Inns and such. Also would allow big storage houses for a whole village but only allow people access to certain parts to keep them from snooping into say higher ql materials that they shouldn't.

This +1

What should happen is doors are managed individually like a mine door, but pickup permissions are set by who is a guest on the house. This way anyone who has specific permissions to get through the front door, and is a guest on the writ can pick up anything from the communal areas / unlocked rooms, but locked rooms are beyond their reach.

Edit: probably shouldn't have the mine door's "change ownership" ability though. Keep ownership always in writ-holders hands :)

Edited by Wraithglow
  • Like 2

I like the idea but would prefer mine door type permissions instead. I don't want more keys, already need a proper key ring.

guy who hold writings dont need to have keys on him. he can pass all gates but person who is quest need key to pass wall...

guy who hold writings dont need to have keys on him. he can pass all gates but person who is quest need key to pass wall...

Yes of course, but I'd still have to manage the keys to pass them out.

The plan is something like this in my head:

- be able to name doors

- set individual door access (from writ or on the door if you are allowed)

Hotel business can open. Watch out for mean landlords!

Gotta keep this simple but practical and useful!

Zcul

• Like 16

Good... good. My sweatshop plans are coming along nicely.

- be able to name doors

Zcul

This is what we need :D u read my mind...

+1 its a great idea. Would love to have this option.

- be able to name doors

Zcul

Now get to work and make a free-to-use bed option for visitors!