Sign in to follow this  
Prince

Player Model Texture Bug

Almost every time I log in, player models around me are some weird amalgam of red and white until they have loaded, unless they do not load at all, in which case their texture becomes blobby grey, as seen below. If any player changes their equipment I will frequently notice the model changing to represent the new equipment, but no improvement in textures. This bug applies to myself as well as others, but only to players, I have no other texture issues.

On some occasions, this has happened to the friend depicted below, who normally wears a set of chain armor visually identical to mine. I look down and see my own textures, but he remains grey, despite having the same type of chain armor. Seems to me a case of misapplied textures?

I have noticed some improvement or worsening depending on the status of my connection at the time, but in some cases even with a good connection, after watching people run around for over ten minutes they are still grey faceless molds. If anyone could offer any insights to help me deal with this issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Playertexturebug_zps1a0066d1.jpg

Edited by Prince

I have this issue too. I have the last ati drivers and have tried to reinstall the game, but the issue continues...

Try to reduce maximum player texture size and see if that helps, please.

I have reduced them from 2048 to 1024 and seems the issue is no more... does this mean we can't use 2048 player textures anymore??

Thanks in advance ;)

I have updated to the latest x64 java and have not had the issue since, although it has been hard to tell as I have not had more than one other player around. I have also reduced my max normal texture size to 1024, though my player texture size is still at 2048, not sure which of these solutions was key.

If you cannot load the larger texture resolutions into memory, they will simply fail to load. By using lower resolution textures, you're effectively working around the memory limitation you seem to be facing.