Sign in to follow this  
Sir Arowhun

Take Meat From Animals On A Deed

I killed a wolf on someone's deed with the help of guards and I could butcher it but I couldn't take the meat out of it because it would be "stealing." I think looting of animal corpses should be allowed regardless of deed settings.

• Like 1

No. Don't want anyone taking my stuff. My deed = my stuff. My guards kill it = my stuff. I paid for the guards. I get the meat, pelts, leathers, whatever. I would suggest you don't lure the critters to a deed. Kill them yourself off deed.

What I would do, if i wanted the loot, is lure the beastie within range of a guard tower and let them help. As long as it's off deed it's all yours.

• Like 1

Used to be able to, but people were bad at keeping their own horses in check so they whined until it was changed like this.

Sad, but I doubt it'll change.

So, someone else's deed...sounds like the guards were on the deed, so their's too... but the meat is yours? lollol

Edited by Lolly1

-1 plenty of spots to hunt, not use templars as added shields.

I hire a templar because I don't want to play the hack and slash game. As darthryan said, no butchering

Gee why can't somebody else do all of the work while I reap the benefits? Seems legit.

Way to use someone elses templar as a meat shield... but seriously these guards/templar/deed/meat threads are getting old

well more of a spectral shield

Edited by shadowblasta

Hi,

I butcher any dead animal , with a low QL shovel, that I see on any adjacent deeds. Why?

Because the deed owner is griefing me, and my neighbors. He has a meat mine, without any duty. 1S a month, for a stupid ghost, is enough to heavily hinder my game play?

This means for me, and my neighbors, that we are massively reduced in our possibilities to get FS, as well as in our possibilities to find meat. A well placed meat mine will nearly make us starving (if we don't switch to fishing, when possible).

A guard is a guard and no hunter. It should not be allowed that someone hires a cheap guard, to grief all other people in local. A guard should respond to a "help" call, but should not attack mobs else. At least not without a price reflecting this.

Guards are for cowards, and griefers, from what I see. In the PvE servers. And they are ridiculously weak.

What I'd like:

1. A basic spirit templar to a deed that fills lamps, repairs fences, and responds to KoS. Like now, but for free, payed with the deed costs. This one wouldn't care about a bear entering the deed.

2. A spirit warrior that would act like the current templars, optional, for 5S a month. This one would kill aggros too, for a price.

3 A spirit defender, an improved version of the spirit warrior, for 10S a month. This one would be able to kill champ trolls alone, or even me.

Atm it's outta hand. You can grief large areas just with placing a deed (with ghost) at a good place. It is done, and it needs to be stopped. Now!

Have fun!

You can only call it griefing if there were a limited number of animals. But if one dies, another is spawned somewhere nearby almost immediately, so any argument that guards grief hunters is foolish. All deeds drive the wildlife away, whether the templars are set to kill or not. You want to hunt you need to get away from the villages and the crowded areas, it's that simple. As to the OP, -1 it's their property and they can decide what anyone does on the land.

• Like 1

How about deed guards only attack hostile mobs when requested to by a player via the HELP option. That would solve this, surely?

You can only call it griefing if there were a limited number of animals. But if one dies, another is spawned somewhere nearby almost immediately, so any argument that guards grief hunters is foolish. All deeds drive the wildlife away, whether the templars are set to kill or not. You want to hunt you need to get away from the villages and the crowded areas, it's that simple. As to the OP, -1 it's their property and they can decide what anyone does on the land.

+1 to this comment. Anyone that calls a meat farm loss of FS or loss of meat is being lazy, they are not being griefed. Go stand near that deeds corner in the perimeter and intercept these so called 'suicidal mobs', the guards will not touch them in the perimeter so you have a decent buffer to get some FS and some meat. If you truly want to grief the meat farm, killing the mobs and taking the meat before they get on deed is way more effective than leaving them on deed as a butchered corpse. And if you lose to the templar or need his help then realize you need to get better at hunting, and wait for the replacement spawn. If you do not want to wait for a mob then you should not be hunting, because hunting IS about waiting in the woods and killing the mob yourself. Something that the person who payed for the templar does not want to do, nor are you willing to accept a templars wages to do it everytime the deed owner is online.

-1 to OP. My guards, my land, my silver -> my meat. Not your guards, not your land, not your silver -> not your meat. I could care less that you have a butcher knife, if you do then you should be out hunting on wild lands or even perimeters. And if you have nothing but your shovel stop butchering my dead mobs, that makes you the griefer, not the deed owner.

Edited by yarnevk

Hi,

I butcher any dead animal , with a low QL shovel, that I see on any adjacent deeds. Why?

Because the deed owner is griefing me, and my neighbors. He has a meat mine, without any duty. 1S a month, for a stupid ghost, is enough to heavily hinder my game play?

This means for me, and my neighbors, that we are massively reduced in our possibilities to get FS, as well as in our possibilities to find meat. A well placed meat mine will nearly make us starving (if we don't switch to fishing, when possible).

A guard is a guard and no hunter. It should not be allowed that someone hires a cheap guard, to grief all other people in local. A guard should respond to a "help" call, but should not attack mobs else. At least not without a price reflecting this.

Guards are for cowards, and griefers, from what I see. In the PvE servers. And they are ridiculously weak.

What I'd like:

1. A basic spirit templar to a deed that fills lamps, repairs fences, and responds to KoS. Like now, but for free, payed with the deed costs. This one wouldn't care about a bear entering the deed.

2. A spirit warrior that would act like the current templars, optional, for 5S a month. This one would kill aggros too, for a price.

3 A spirit defender, an improved version of the spirit warrior, for 10S a month. This one would be able to kill champ trolls alone, or even me.

Atm it's outta hand. You can grief large areas just with placing a deed (with ghost) at a good place. It is done, and it needs to be stopped. Now!

Have fun!

Your post is wrong in so many levels, idk from where to start.

First because under your silly rules, every deed owner is a griefer, his ¨owning¨ of land nd the resources on it is depriving me form clear cut his entire place, or deplet his mines of every ore, so he is stoling my mining and woodcuting skill.

Calling someone griefer and coward becasue they don´t like your hack & slash stile of game its not only biased but plain stupid.

And your definition of a guard is not more than that, your own delusion of how thing need to work, just an opinion, and opinion are like asses, we all have one, and tend to think that ours stink less that other´s people asses.

Hi,

What I'd like:

Have fun!

ppost this in its own thread because its great

Hi,

What I'd like:

Have fun!

Aside from the obvious contradiction in your closing "Have fun!" (a contradiction for the rest of your post, as well as for the generalized target of it)

You're fine with them having a more expensive templar doing what you're complaining about them doing?

You do realize this undermines (or even renders void) your "skilling impact" arguement, right?

So if Rolf and company left it as it is and increased the basic Spirit Templar cost to 5s/month, you'd stop complaining about the "preceived loss of FS gains"?

Edited by Hussars

Hi,

What I'd like:

Have fun!

Yet another, I AM HUNTER HEAR ME WHINE.

These are boring. Do something new.

Hi,

Excuse me? It isn't griefing, they can do what they wish with their own money that is not yours. And you butchering with a low ql shovel makes you a complete arse and just as bad as them. You are also not restricted to your area! You can go anywhere you want to get food and FS. There are mobs everywhere, you just have to look. I don't just mean look out from the corner of your deed, see no animals, and call it quits and get mad at the deed next door. You have plenty of opportunity to go anywhere you please to pick up lots of meat and FS, you are just too lazy to do so because you are jealous of the meat that the other person is getting. Guards are not cowards, nor griefers. You just say that based on your inability to go out and hunt a bit.

I find it a bit ridiculous how you can't do this thing called getting on a horse, and going somewhere to fight some mobs if you are really starving. And also you always buy tons of food that will last you weeks for less then 1s. I'm currently selling 1k meat for 2s, so that means 500 or less for 1s. You can also forage or botanize for food, which means you wouldn't be starving since you have constant access to food everywhere you step. You can also farm, go out, get some meat, and boom! Nice, hot meals.

Go out, hunt, forage, farm, buy, those are all ways you can get weeks' worth of meals for you and your friends, not complain on forums and grief someone's property (regardless of its purpose) because you won't look beyond the horizon >.<

potatoes are your friends.. and i dont like intentional brutal butcher (shovel, sword, carving knife butchering) but hey butcher for skill if you like but you know the meat is not possible to take, i personally only butcher that which i know has been there a while, and stuff i fight myself be it accidently on deed when i back off to heal or be it guard helped or solo'd ... that being said some meat farms are for greifing, you can tell by the name of the deed itself, also when an animal dies doesnt mean a new one spawns nearby it just means a new one spawns somewhere in the server to replace it, could be near could be across the server

Hi,

got a few replies for this, lemme answer:

1.)

You can only call it griefing if there were a limited number of animals. But if one dies, another is spawned somewhere nearby almost immediately, so any argument that guards grief hunters is foolish.

This isn't true. Having one deed to the left, and another at the right, with ghosts, will effectively reduce the available animal count in the area. They may spawn elsewhere, and hide in abandoned forests then. But a high percentage of the local beasts will fall prey to those NPCs, and you'll have to do major journeys to find something to train your FS on. (Hint: I have my 70 FS, for sure. But I realize the problems my newer villagers have now, too.)

2.)

First because under your silly rules, every deed owner is a griefer, his ¨owning¨ of land nd the resources on it is depriving me form clear cut his entire place, or deplet his mines of every ore, so he is stoling my mining and woodcuting skill.

Nope. This is what a deed means, a place payed by you, secured to do your things.

You may like it or not, it's how it is in this game. But having an NPC that helps you in your daily business, at the cost of your neighbors, is a bit different. It's not anymore your effort that produces things that you can sell then, it's a cheaply hired NPC.

I'd like an NPC, too, that explores my mines in a proper 3x2 matrix, and another one that chops my trees as soon as they are overaged. Maybe one, too, to repair any stuff I have in forges/ chests/ coffins!

But this would be another game. Thus I'm not asking for it. But spirit templars not only helping if called, but actively doing your job, seems just plain wrong to me. They don't fit the sandbox.

3.)

You're fine with them having a more expensive templar doing what you're complaining about them doing?

I understand that Rolf needs to make money, and that it might be a blessing for new players to have some kind of "improved protection" at first. And I see the reason that there's ppl that don't want to be bothered with fighting. These are, IMHO, valid reasons and should be recognized.

So I'm asking for keeping this possibility, but at a small cost, and not as default as it is now. I don't mind the one newbie deed over there to have an aggressive templar. I don't mind the one crafters deed at the other side protected by such.

What I'm asking for is, make it a possibility, not the default.

4.)

And you butchering with a low ql shovel makes you a complete arse and just as bad as them.

Tbh, I can live with it. I do this on deeds that are abandoned most of the time, where once in a week someone comes and collects the meat. They are stealing my villagers FS and are bringing down the prices, so I get a bit of butchering of them. Sounds fair, right?

As you might know, low QL tools can bring a lot more skill!

There are mobs everywhere, you just have to look. I don't just mean look out from the corner of your deed, see no animals, and call it quits and get mad at the deed next door. You have plenty of opportunity to go anywhere you please to pick up lots of meat and FS, you are just too lazy to do so because you are jealous of the meat that the other person is getting.

To be honest, I don't know if should even write a reply to this. As mentioned before, I have 70+ FS (as a Fo priest), and going hunting with a fully rafted large cart isn't unknown to me.

But if my neighbors decide (I assume just ignorance and not bad will ...) to make it harder for me, do I have a right to complain? Nah, that would be "jealous".

You might want to readjust your reality detector. Maybe it helps.

In the end it's about this:

My villagers have to pay the bill, they need to do long journeys for getting any fighting skills, while the majority of the animals spawning in the area ends as a corpse at the limit of a deed that only consists of a token, and a ghost.

And if they actually find some animals, far from home, they're bitten again, because the meat miners have destroyed the market for meat or animal parts with cheap over-offer, reaping them the possibility to sell this for even small coin.

In my humble opinion we shouldn't have any NPC's doing our tasks, at least not in the PvE servers. And if we can't omit them, at least they should be optional, and costly.

Any half-ways skilled free player can bring down at least a middle aged spider, with good cotton support, some basic skills and a minimum of brain. Don't argue, I did it with a fresh alt.

Survival, and danger, is a core part of this game. Don't make it another WoW clone where you have to be majorly stupid to die, don't make NPCs a central part of a sand box.

Yes, it's already there. But isn't this a reason to object? I'd rather like a game where you'd "starve in the woods and get eaten by wolves" compared to one where you'd "drop a few coins and get an I-Win NPC".

Have fun (or not, just as you like)!