Sign in to follow this  
paragouldgamer

Farewell Wurm

Well I'm not trying to blame anyone but myself, I know it's my fault for not actually reading the rules. I was banned for having a macro button held down while I went to bed. Just here to say I'm sorry for the people I had orders set for and that I won't get them filled. Never knew that a gaming keyboard wasn't really supposed to be used in a game it works so perfectly for like this, and definantly never seen a game perm ban without some form of warning first, but there were alot of things in this game I hadn't seen before.

Anyways, it was fun while it lasted Wurmians, but after making 2 prem accounts and 2 deeds in less then a month and getting banned, I'm saying farewell and marking this one up as just part of my past. Farewell peeps!

Edited by paragouldgamer

Sadly to see you go because of this fault...

Take care, and come back one day

Too bad the game is over for you, but also kinda hard to believe you didn't know setting up a macro to do work for you all night might not be against the rules .

Nobody can bash in the wall just because you are not playing anymore, they have to wait for one section of it to decay. Which is unlikely to happen for a long time if the deed has any upkeep in it. And it is pointless since you cannot farm someone deed if you do not have deed permissions. It would be decent of the GMs though in cases of permabans to blow up writs and tokens so someone else can put the land to good use.

Edited by yarnevk
  • Like 2

Too bad the game is over for you, but also kinda hard to believe you didn't know setting up a macro to do work for you all night might not be against the rules .

Well not that it matters, but it wasn't really suppose to work for me all night, especially since the floor spaced is capped at 100 items, I set my alarm for 30 minutes, went to sleep, and planned to get back up and smelt the ore down, but I never woke up until 5 hrs later...

This thread is a laugh, I've no sympathy for people who Macro (and wurm has an astronomical amount of them).

• Like 3

+1 for ban.

i know some other player do some makros about a g15 and ill rough them now and pis ss them in your heads today night if there comes on....

free market and fair market for everyones!

kurator

mayor of North Pole

Im glad your banned. Macro idiots trying to ruin every game they can. IF you truly liked playing Wurm you wouldnt have tried to boost. But one good thing did come of you idiocricy, Rolf got paid!

Edited by seekor

Always read every tiny part of rules, before trying something like this.

Sorry to hear really, you will miss a lot.

take it well. peace

Nobody can bash in the wall just because you are not playing anymore, they have to wait for one section of it to decay. Which is unlikely to happen for a long time if the deed has any upkeep in it. And it is pointless since you cannot farm someone deed if you do not have deed permissions. It would be decent of the GMs though in cases of permabans to blow up writs and tokens so someone else can put the land to good use.

No, because ban decisions can be overturned from time to time. If anyone should pop a deed, it should be only Rolf.

I have a g15 keyboard and have never even thought of doing this. Why macro? Takes the fun out of the game ;)

• Like 2

I have a g15 keyboard and have never even thought of doing this. Why macro? Takes the fun out of the game ;)

Well why I agree 98% of the game is fun, whether exploring, building, or killing, the one thing I was doing really isn't fun, staring at the same vein at the same spot, and hitting the same button over and over every 25 seconds mindlessly is about the only part I don't call fun. It takes no skill and there's no challenge except for not going insane, so to me having a macro push that keybind to get some ore isn't that bad. There's a limit to how much stuff can be on the ground so that you can't just mine forever, but to be able to allow myself to take a break while my keyboard does this brain dead task just made the game too good I guess.

most run 2 toons that way you can que the actions click over to the other toon and do something else ..i hate mining and have hit 44 on my newer toon >.< without staring at the same vein for hours

It talks of macroing in the tutorial...small i know, but its still there.... you really didnt know?

Anywho.. good luck with your future gaming :)

Edited by Lolly1

From your post one would get the idea that your new to the game only having been premium for a month yet in the forum thread "Fo Follower Searched" you have the ability to convert which suggests that you have been prmium for some time,makes it hard to believe that in that time you never heard that macros were not allowed. Also in that post you admitt to the said infraction Goodby and good riddience.

Thank you for making this post to warn others about the seriousness of macro'ing.

I am always happy to see when a macroer (or botter) gets caught and banned . Players that feel the need to do either should really not bother playing in my opinion. The Rules are quite clearly written on it , and as mentioned it also does cover macros in the tutorial so saying " you didn't know " really doesn't work and is no excuse at all.

Most games i know will outright ban for macro's or bots being used when the player gets caught , and i have only ever come across 1 or 2 games that openly allow them ( not going to name the games here ).

While you may think there is no harm in using your repeat function on a G15 ( or what-ever you used) , it gives an unfair advantage to you over players who don't have £50+ to drop on a keyboard or who don't know how to use macro programs etc , which is why Rolf is so against them.

I myself have a G15 and have never even considered using its macro function to repeat actions while i did something else, because i get my enjoyment from actually playing a game i pay for myself, not have some automated system doing it.

Hopefully this will act as a warning for others who may consider doing the same. Bottom line is , you will get caught out at some point.

Edited by Kediec
  • Like 6

I dont want to buy items made by bots, exploits or other cheats.

I would hate to find out that some dirt or tool I bought was made by a cheater. I would melt it down or throw it in the ocean.

As for the player who was banned. Beg for your life. Tell them you wont do it again and start a new avatar and join us again.

We can forgive, we just dont want the evils of real life here with us in wurm.

Corruption is Corruption and its no good.

I don't really see the need to keep this as an active thread. At this point it's beating a dead horse?

While you may think there is no harm in using your repeat function on a G15 ( or what-ever you used) , it gives an unfair advantage to you over players who don't have £50+ to drop on a keyboard or who don't know how to use macro programs etc , which is why Rolf is so against them.

If this is the reason Rolf is so against it, I think everyone using a laptop should be banned, it's not fair that they can play while in the bathroom, or laying in bed but I can't since I can't afford a laptop which is much more than a macro able keyboard.

I would hate to find out that some dirt or tool I bought was made by a cheater.

I still don't really understand why simple macro's are such a threat, but multiboxing isn't? Sure I had a macro ran for what was supposed to be for 30 minutes (if I had waken up correctly) and people see that as cheating. But someone running 5-10 characters that can do something 5-10 times the speed of my macro isn't cheating. If someone built a bot to dig dirt, it still would take them 5 times longer to fill something with dirt than a person running 5 characters, yet the first is the only way looked at as cheating. I do believe macro's have ruined some games, even some big titles where it's legal such as WoW, but for a game like this I don't see why it's illegal yet multiboxing is legal and can do so much more harm.

I don't really see the need to keep this as an active thread. At this point it's beating a dead horse?

If this was true, why post, it just keeps it active longer. But in reality, if nothing else, it is an informative post that if you macro, you will get banned!

The majority of games don't allow macro programs, this much is true, however some are lienient on keyboards that allow you to program in repeat actions, which really is just the same thing in my eyes. In a game such as this, obviously such a program/function is highly frowned upon, and while many of us will repeat an action up to the max of 3 times, tab out of game and watch a video/homework/whatever, we are still stationed in our seat, and physically controlling our characters.

It's really best to contact the game administrators directly, and ask before doing, as asuming will most likely yield you a ban. Hopefully the OP will join us again sometime in the future, will this newfound knowledge, and consider this for any future games, as the greater majority of games do have bot/macro program detectors, and will ban you for it eventually.

From your post one would get the idea that your new to the game only having been premium for a month yet in the forum thread "Fo Follower Searched" you have the ability to convert which suggests that you have been prmium for some time,makes it hard to believe that in that time you never heard that macros were not allowed. Also in that post you admitt to the said infraction Goodby and good riddience.

Someone helped me become a fo follower the first day I started on pristine, and to turn someone else a follower all I need is a statue, does it really take over a month to get a statue for you? The day I started Wurm was the day I started on the forums, which you can click on my name and see. I started on epic, played for about 4 days, then waited for the new server to start over. And I didn't admitt to the said infraction, I said that I que and walk off, I guess I'm supposed to sit at my computer and watch my character do everything too? If I'm just doing 1 boring action over and over such as mining, I walk by my computer, que 3 actions, walk off, guess you've never done that?

If this is the reason Rolf is so against it, I think everyone using a laptop should be banned, it's not fair that they can play while in the bathroom, or laying in bed but I can't since I can't afford a laptop which is much more than a macro able keyboard.

That is a pathetic comparison and you know it.

End of the day macros / bots are not welcome here as per the game rules which are clearly readable and available to all. Please stop trying to find reasons as to why macros should be allowed and move on.

Multiboxing places the person at the keyboard, therefore they are actively controlling the characters. You yourself admitted you set it to mine WHILE you went to sleep , yet you don't see anything wrong with that ?.

There really is nothing else to say on it. Learn from this experience and in future read a games rules before assuming something is ok just because a previous one you played may have allowed it.