Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmob

Allow Sculpting Wands To Remove Rock/dirt With Any Slope

As the title says, the current 60 slope limit to the tile borders next to corner you are going to lower is nonsense. I have only three corners, totally 30 dirts of rock to remove.

With sculpting wand, this could be done in seconds. Without it, it would require days.

Here is one of the corners, and the slope next to it. 5 dirts up from the flat layer. One action from sculpting wand and it would be flat

P6c2o.jpg

But because there is also 193 slope next to this corner, it cannot be lowered with sculpting wand.

v0Xrr.jpg

This means that I would need to destroy my house and other fences/houses in the layer above this corner and dig this slope to low enough (55) so I could use sculpting wand. If I would do that, why I just wouldn't dig other corners to rock and just surface mine that corner?

This doesn't make any sense. You buy and use sculpting wand because there is rock in a corner you want lower, but you cannot/want surface mine it because it's in place like this. It is the meaning of sculpting wand.

So, remove the limit of 60 slope, it makes it useless, and makes changing some areas extremely hard.

Edited by Dragonmob

If nothing else having it related to your skill would maybe work better like the 3x thing with digging but yea i have had the same troubles before 60 is just not enough in most cases where you want to use it.

And in defense of people making absurdly high slopes on rock or leveling mountains: if you've got the cash to support that endeavor then I have no problem with it. The current limitation really lowers the usefulness of the item.

If nothing else having it related to your skill would maybe work better like the 3x thing with digging but yea i have had the same troubles before 60 is just not enough in most cases where you want to use it.

That is pretty good idea, the maximum slope could be 3x the digging skill, if the limit doesn't get removed for some reason.

Edited by Dragonmob

sounds very unfair.

This game is about working hard and achieving something after many hours.

I live on a mountain and Ive used all dirt in my place from 20-85digging and at my place I keep hitting rock all the time. I just try to think of every bad situation that might happen and make plan C to plan B.

Just try to live with the current situation and make there spots for statues or pillars to hide it =)

sounds very unfair.

This game is about working hard and achieving something after many hours.

I live on a mountain and Ive used all dirt in my place from 20-85digging and at my place I keep hitting rock all the time. I just try to think of every bad situation that might happen and make plan C to plan B.

Just try to live with the current situation and make there spots for statues or pillars to hide it =)

How is it unfair..the wand itself or making the slope you can use it on higher?

Silakka,

I have surface mined for weeks and used tons of dirt to this deed.

Because the update, you cannot build houses on unflat tiles, that's why I want to flat the tiles.

The change I suggested doesn't mean that you buy 10 sculpting wands and flat every corner of your deed, but you would be able to use it when it's really needed. There is nothing unfair about it.

Edited by Dragonmob