Sign in to follow this  
iCretin

Blacklight / Hots

I've been reading through the Wurm wiki recently but even with all that I'm still a little fuzzy. If you become Black light you automatically become part of the HotS Kingdom right? When this happens do you lose the ability to spawn on your current Kingdom island and village that you are part of? assuming you can still be in a village on that kingdom after becoming Blacklight.

I want to give it a try but I'm afraid of being separated from my current friends in the current Kingdom.

This is all on Epic so becoming blacklight is possible.

If anyone has any experience in this sort of thing please help me out.

Blacklight is just another term for HotS, you may hear them also referred to as BL, or Blackies. (Just kidding no one uses that last one), but it's just the same thing. a BLer is a Horde of the Summoned kingdom member.

It's just one of the three default kingdoms of the game, Jenn-Kellon, Mol-Rehan, and Horde of the Summoned. Jenn-Kellon and Mol-Rehan are enemies, but both follow the White Light (WL). HotS follows the BL.

You may only be apart of one kingdom at a time, but can convert to any (but there is a timer between converting, type /converts in game to see your timer). If you're Jenn-Kellon on Serenity (JKH server), and convert HotS you can still live there, but you will be an enemy and will likely be killed by JK members. BL does have its own Home server though - Affliction. You can't be a BLer in a JK/MR village.

Edited by Postes
  • Like 1

When you become a blackie ;) by default you join the Horde of The Summoned, so as postes said you cant be a BLer in a JK/MR village because they don't allow Libila worship...which is the god of the blacklight and the Horde of the summoned kingdom

• Like 1

So if I want to do things that Lower my Rep. Such as Lockpicking, Stealing I would have to manage my rep so I don't turn into a BLer?

So if I want to do things that Lower my Rep. Such as Lockpicking, Stealing I would have to manage my rep so I don't turn into a BLer?

On a home server, yes, the elevation server has less restrictions against this kind of thing though

Waitwaitwait, I thought alignment makes you become BL and reputation only makes you killable without penalty?

pls explein

I am confused if you convert from BL to say MR it doesn't seem like you can get higher than -1 alignment. It is stuck there for me. Is that a bug or as intended?