Sign in to follow this  
Fatalstryke

Despite All The Depressing Changes Over The Months/years...

...is anyone still on GV? All 4 of my accounts are still there. (Fatalstryke, Mortem, Multitaskking, Ammondenihil)

Thinking about coming back but it would take some major getting used to, even moreso with all the "wonderful" updates.

Yeah, we can't talk in Kchat anymore and can't withdraw stuff from the bank, and some of the stuff in or near ND is decaying, like the whole PA area. They took all the animals that could be lead without rope and apparently cows and horses only come from breeders now.

Ah well. They've been trying to make us move servers for a long time, it's just that they chose really oddly specific ways of trying to do so.

I take it colossus is by far the toughest thing you can create in GV? Do any colossi still exist? Is there anything else that even comes close?

The only proper colossus built on GV was the Brolossus, and for all i know it decayed some time ago

...is anyone still on GV? Ammondenihil

Trymon is there, waiting for your return :D

The original owner of Ammondenihil quit a long time ago and gave me his account, so if you remember him then it's not me. However anyone is free to PM me on any of those accounts, I'll probably use Mortem as my exploring/friending account so people can keep in touch with me if they want.

Why play on GV in the first place? Just to say you do? Nostalgia? To much time invested? Seems kinda like a self-imposed torture, even before any changes, due to the decay and small size.

Edited by ApocaRUFF

Nostalgia, so I don't have to worry about anyone stealing or destroying any of my stuff, and don't some creatures damage fence now or something? And I don't have to worry about overcrowding for sure. Plus I know the map to an extent, not as much anymore.

Listen, GV is great I really miss it myself. But it is a relic of itself and looks nothing like it originally did you are better off leaving that dirt pile and going somewhere else.

I wish I had a GV account. :(

All the freedom servers are so clustered.

Eh, GV isn't like it used to be but IMO it's the best they've got. I can't imagine having a similar playstyle on any other server, especially if there are tougher creatures and more people that can mess you and your stuff up.

Sarcaticous, who then?

o.O I've never had a problem with messing my stuff up haha.

SHRUG

No bad times here. Repping Indy ~ do what you gotta do.

What's the animal situation? Don't some hostiles damage fences? And I thought there was this general "deed it or lose it" attitude?

It seems you guys have a different idea of what the freedom servers are actually like, I guess that's partly due to the forum being the main vent place for bickering and arguments.

I've never had trouble with land or neighbours, or even over crowding. There is still so much space on Inde it's crazy.

Well it's partly because when I tried the newer servers I just got horrible first impressions all around. I might try it again, but I don't have high hopes.