Sign in to follow this  
TheMadDoctor

Erupt Ability

I have been working hard to make my Path of Power (on both me and my priest) to spew lava tiles all over my place and mountain to build a volcano. So far the volcano is possible for me at this moment but I can't put lava pits on my deed.

The lack of information "in-game", such as meditation messages are just random and are uninformative, its not even related to anything to the path itself. Since meditation is suppose to be enlightening, useful informations should be provided about this path along with the levels of the meditation skill about its powers.

I don't fully understand the Magranon domain limitation since lava would still be rock in fusion. Lava is part of the earth/planet and its also from volcanoes, which are mountains on fire and for me it still look like Magranon way.

-From that link, http://wurmpedia.com...ex.php/Magranon

There is a passage at the Magranon inscription on the Altar of Three.

Quote: I am the Fire and the Mountain.

-From that link, http://wurmpedia.com...hp/Puppeteering

The puppet show between Magranon and Vynora.

Your Vynora puppet: 'Magranon! What are these creatures I hear about?'

Your Magranon puppet: 'Creatures?'

Your Vynora puppet: 'Made from lava?'

Your Magranon puppet: 'Yes. I made them.'

Your Vynora puppet: 'How do you create life?'

Your Magranon puppet: 'They are animated fire spirits.'

-And Magranon holds all the fire spells, such as Fire Pillar... very close to lava effects.

-Plus, at 40 Faith and 40 Favor, a Magranon Priest is immune to lava damage.

So, by definition, Magranon IS fire.

-----

So here are the suggestions:

1- Removing the limitation of the Magranon domain since everything Magranon believes in, fits with having lava around, Or there is something I didn't understood about the Lore of Magranon.

2- Allowing deed holder to allow Erupt casting on the deed.

-----

Thanks

TMD

Edited by TheMadDoctor
  • Like 1

+1 to item #2 - also some way to let me allow a villager to do so as well.

i dont quite understand number 1 so i'm not commenting

• Like 1

I've been working on another project to make something interesting around wurm other than crafting tools for others or farming and grooming the animals..

Since few weeks I started to make a lava pit beside my tower (on-deed) so I had to resize my deed down to allow the Erupt cast to be done... if only it was that easy.

First its costing me money to do such move, resizing for something like that is just sinking money into the drain, but again, if that's what it takes... but no...

Here are how it went:

February 1st

WK73gho.jpg

February 7th

Yj9CMTn.jpg

February 11th

0wwPey2.jpg

February 18th

z38EM6z.jpg

February 19th

NF91ZYh.jpg

Now can someone (a Dev, Rolf or anyone with common sense) can explain to me how this painfully skill to grind (meditation) and tricky not-too-far-from-non-sense questions to answer after months and months of meditating that leads to be able to turn rock into lava goes cold that fast... also why going cold at all? I already have the ability to turn rock into lava only ONCE per day.. and you turn 2 to 3 tiles of lava back to rock in ONE day... something is wrong... Please look into it.

(It seems like everything I dreamed of is just going nowhere in this games, been playing years to work hard my skills to achieve the level needed for my designs... now everything is just on a pause because of things like that: Mines height, paving skills for floors in houses, lava cooling down.. and so on.)

TMD

I agree that the deed holder should be able to cast erupt on their own deed if they so choose. +1

I didn't know that the lava would cool so quickly though. Before concrete was added I could see how the lava would need to cool quickly but now that we have something to raise the rock level easier, lava created by the erupt ability shouldn't cool or should have a very long period between creation and cooling if it's on deed (assuming this change is implemented).

Edited by Laiwyn

From my experience, the stronger the domain of magranon is, the longer it takes for the lava to get cold. Try to have a few 90+ql altars of mag just next to the lava pit.

Edited by Serpentarius

Wait Serpentarius, you are telling me that we can't cast a lava tile IN a Mag domain, but having a Mag domain over the lava afterward would help... explain me that logic again with simple words.

You can totally use erupt inside the domain of Magranon. Only the other gods domains and a deed prevent you to cast it. I erupted tiles of lava in the middle of 30 mag altars in an area where the domain of magranon was the leading domain for the last two years.

Edit: Also some of the lava tiles i erupted at the start of December are still there.

Edited by Serpentarius

Wait Serpentarius, you are telling me that we can't cast a lava tile IN a Mag domain, but having a Mag domain over the lava afterward would help... explain me that logic again with simple words.

Mag does not approve of your "Designs", so if you get him to look away, you can hurry up and do it. Then when he looks, he just say "well darn" and does his maggy magic.

Thats a fine lava pit btw. How many virgins will be pushed in ?

Edited by Elen

Actually Serpentarius, you might be able to cast erupt in Mag domain on the surface, but if mag domain is inside the mountain and you try to cast on a tile that is in that domain it doesn't work.

Aye lava is... funky to work with.

When LO built its last deed, we stripped off so much of the surrounding rock for dirt that lava spawned around on a regular basis. Gave me a very good opportunity to play with the lava system.

Yes it sort of "flows" downhill; however, that just means it spawns lava tiles downhill. In addition the old ones have a pretty good chance of cooling off, so the result is a rock slope with patchwork lava tiles.

There are sections of the Wild/Chaos map where you can find isolated running "streams" of rock.

Now I haven't visited the spawned lava pools on Serenity in some time, so no idea if those have not cooled off yet. Also I kind of hope the epic terraforming volcano events don't end up cooling off permanently as well; although, if it was just the volcano sleeping then I could go for it.

As someone who works on a project using lava, I would really love to see the restrictions relaxed. And I would REALLY love to be able to Erupt on my deed. I surface mined 2 tiles a long way down to flat expressly to be then converted to lava... and the best info I could find on the skill didn't tell me it wasn't possible.