Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Memory Leak Fix And Some Other Client Updates

The FPS issue seems moderately better but it's still pretty brutal approaching certain large villages. Some are just rough, others can't even be approached.

[...]

Note it's not as simple smoke/fire particles. In some cases it's seems to just be an issue of loading many new graphics as you approach the village; FPS drops to 0 or 1 for a bit and then returns to 40-60+, in other cases it drops to 0 or 1 and stays there.

Please check out if changing all relevant texture size options to the minimum setting helps:

Advanced Graphics tab:

* maximum texture size

* player texture resolution

* reflection quality

* terrain / shadow res

In case that does not resolve the issue, try if setting graphics - animation quality to low or none has an impact.

When you need more texture data at once than you can fit into your video ram, things will get very slow indeed. As the update brought a lot of additional textures, you may have to reduce settings to compensate. Any village with a lot of items can push your graphics card over the tipping point.

Please check out if changing all relevant texture size options to the minimum setting helps:

Advanced Graphics tab:

* maximum texture size

* player texture resolution

* reflection quality

* terrain / shadow res

In case that does not resolve the issue, try if setting graphics - animation quality to low or none has an impact.

I've tried most of those but not in any methodical way. They certainly help but I couldn't say which helps the most. I'll try again and see what seems to be the limiting factor.

When you need more texture data at once than you can fit into your video ram, things will get very slow indeed. As the update brought a lot of additional textures, you may have to reduce settings to compensate. Any village with a lot of items can push your graphics card over the tipping point.

Based on that I assume allocating more memory to Java (assuming the system can handle it) via runtime args like -Xincgc -Xmx2048M would help ?

Budda - the client dev. has a post about getting max ql out of low ql settings

/>http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/63471-configuring-the-client-looking-nice-while-running-on-low-settings/

Hope its helps.

Based on that I assume allocating more memory to Java (assuming the system can handle it) via runtime args like -Xincgc -Xmx2048M would help ?

No. Memory on your graphics card is managed in the graphics driver.

Sign in to follow this