Sign in to follow this  
Versai

Bulls Premature Death

I hitched my large cart with an adolescent and mature fat bull, then began riding the cart through a tunnel that is in line with the water table. I got off the cart to clear a cave in, then continued forward on horse to run an errand. I returned to the cart about 20 minutes later to find the bulls dead under the cart. I was really confused and butchered the corpses to confirm they hadn't starved (both had 10 and 12 meat) and were adolescent and mature, so shouldn't have died from old age. Both entrances to the tunnel are secure and tracks gave no results of anyone around to kill the bulls. It was a very short period of time and I think it has to have been a bug. Only factors I can think of was the specific tile they died on was about 1 tile below water level, can animals drown in a shallow mine like that? It was only about 20 minutes that they were left standing there.

Wow, that really sucks, I'm sorry to hear about that. To my knowledge animals can't die from drowning, maybe there was another mob in the cave that killed them?

I just lost 2 bulls, to my mine, which is dug to water level, saw one died, examined the other it had a bad water wound, then died