Sign in to follow this  
Adrasteia

One Name, Two Horses?

What are the chances of having two horses, different ages, different parents, same color, opposite sex, with same name? Whatever the odds are it happend to me...have one Male Flashraid(born some time ago) and one Female Flashraid(born within the last 24 hours). Good to know now that its not as improbable as I once thought...lol.

Flashraid #1 (male)

Flashraid1_zpsdc100eae.png

Flashraid #2 (female)

Flashraid2_zpsdbd1a887.png

Names are randomly generated from a set of words, so this is bound to happen

I've had 2 Silverpicks.. Both brown, both male.. Different parents and bought from the same lady, Miss Smilingcat. :P

I'm more curious about what is going on with your graphics in those pics? Unless you are surrounded by lava..

I'm more curious about what is going on with your graphics in those pics? Unless you are surrounded by lava..

Intel GPU with bad drivers

Aye, the name lists allow for quite a number of permutations; however, with all the breeding, the odds are very good for getting same name horses. Not a bad thing especially if you have the unfortunate case of having a nice name and lousy traits.

On a related note... the name Adrasteia from Brent Weeks's Lightbringer novels? Greatly enjoyed his Night Angel trilogy as well.

I had two Cloudhalls born to me within a short period of time of each other. I also had a Swiftrock and a Rockswift.

I'm sort of formulating a hunch that names are maybe associated with the Wurm week (or month?) because I tend to have spurts of names. Had a "Jade" spurt once, a lot of "Ben" horses born in a row recently, and before that the common name was "Mountain" for a minute. Who knows!

I had a Zoedream and a Dreamzoe born within a few weeks of each other once on Indy. Was even better because they were 4 & 5 speed trait horses, and Zoe is my daughter's name. ;)