Sign in to follow this  
Hussars

Sub-Sections/categories For S&i Forums Based On Relevant Content

Hi all,

An idea forwarded to me via email which I think was raised before but cannot find/remember where. Maybe break out sub-categories/threads for specific suggestion areas.

Such as*:

Minerals/Resources

Crafting

Tools

New Formula

Housing/Buildings

New Formula

New Item (non-tool/building)

General Gameplay

PVE Specific

PVP Specific

UI Design

*Provided as an example list only, final list/groupings would be determined by staff or community.

Each topic could then host GM feedback requests as Pinned topics, and a more focused discussion list for ease of tracking and better sorting by relevence to a user (and the design team).

Looking at the current list, the topics are a bit..well, lets be polite.. scattered... while we do have tags available now, not everyone uses them, or creates new tags that no one else will ever use (I'm just as guilty of this as anyone lol)

To determine where a topic would be posted would be the major aspect of the suggestion or feedback. For example using the topic list shown above, a topic concerning the rate of spawn for a resouce impacts crafting and all of its sub-topics, but since it is primarily about the resource itself, would go in the Materials/Resources topic.

A suggestion about using that same resource in crafting a specific tool would fall under tools (or new formula if it was a completely new item)

And for those +1/-1 folks, please add a reason as to why you like/dislike the idea, thanks :)

I like the idea of having multiple sub forums within subforums, it would help in organizing threads but It would also make the forums a more complicated place for most people, and maybe a bit more unfriendly with so many forum folders :/

I would say +/- 1 lol

lol.. is my fear as well, but I think adding 1 or maybe 2 tiers of sub forums shouldn't be any worse than the community sub forums or market place sub forums. If we get 5 or 6 tiers in though.. then yeah.. we'd have a problem lol

::Fo breathes life back into the thread::

Any new feedback on this topic?

Maybe just a simplified list of major focus area:

Crafting

UI

World/Environment (graphics/audio)

General Gameplay (Skills, skill gain, etc...)

or maybe like this:

Graphics

Sound

Game Mechanics

Client(?)

or this:

Monsters/players

Enviroment

Items/Structures

UI

Skills

I agree it could be confusing, but atm the suggestion forum has no structure at all which makes it hard to keep track of topics (we have around 400 sides btw) also "repairing" search function would be nice :o it's actually not working correctly