Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

New / Command Ideas

/bank - Might be nice to add in a /bank command that would show you in event what our bank balance is.

I know there are more ideas out there for /commands so feel free to list them here seems like a waste to just use the topic for just the /bank command suggestion.

Edited by Kegan

Might be an interesting, albeit not particularly as useful as the /bank command or /where command, but I like the idea of this one:

• /height (tells the number of dirts above sea level that you are at in respect to the tile corner you are standing on)

• Like 1

I think /height might be a bit better off as an item, an altometer of sorts

• Like 2

/bank - Might be nice to add in a /bank command that would show you in event what our bank balance is.

I am worried it can be used to basically crash the login server.

I think /height might be a bit better off as an item, an altometer of sorts

Yeah, it would be better off as an item, but seeing as a sounding line (an item used to measure water depth) was suggested and may possibly never be implemented I lumped this one into that category of possibly never being added also. I figure it has a better chance of making it into the game as a command seeing how many suggested items never make it in.

In other words, I understand where you're coming from but given Wurm's development team size and where their focus has to be. I don't think I'll ever see either an altimeter or a sounding line. I'll eat my hat if it ever happens though.

/where or an expansion of /who to tell you what server you're on.

You seriously have issues remembering what server you log into? It tells you right away when you log in.

• Like 1

You seriously have issues remembering what server you log into? It tells you right away when you log in.

More or less it would be just an easy way to stop people in kchat from having to tell new people what server they're in and to prevent them from asking in GL chat. I guess that last bit would happen anyway, but it would save the people looking at kchat from having to answer these questions daily.

Edited by Laiwyn

I am worried it can be used to basically crash the login server.

Because so many people are now trying to crash the login server using the /time command?

More or less it would be just an easy way to stop people in kchat from having to tell new people what server they're in and to prevent them from asking in GL chat. I guess that last bit would happen anyway, but it would save the people looking at kchat from having to answer these questions daily.

So I'm guessing it's better to explain to a noob that there is a /command to use to find out what server you are on, rather than actually telling the poor sap what ###### server they are on.

/removetheneedtohaveanyslashcommands

How about you just learn the slash commands, they are great and you don't have to have pages and buttons for the different actions that would take more time to create then to just add a simple slash command :/

So I'm guessing it's better to explain to a noob that there is a /command to use to find out what server you are on, rather than actually telling the poor sap what ###### server they are on.

It would save those reading the regular Freedom chat time from having to answer that same ol' question every day if the person asks in GL first. Yes, that is what I'm saying. No need to get fussy, make things more efficient where they can be. :P

Edited by Laiwyn

/where or an expansion of /who to tell you what server you're on.

I think it would be best if we just rename the freedom chat to the server name since we are all the same kingdom anyway.

It shouldn't be too hard to amend the server name to /who though anyway.

• Like 2

No because then CA still have to answer 'type /whatserveramion'

It makes way more sense for Freedom chat to be ServerName chat and Freedom-GL to be renamed Freedom.

Edited by yarnevk

No because then CA still have to answer 'type /whatserveramion'

It makes way more sense for Freedom chat to be ServerName chat and Freedom-GL to be renamed Freedom.

Even then, the player would have to have Freedom chat open when it often isn't on some servers.

Either way, adding a /where command or appending the server name to /who could only add functionality to the game, and some would find it very helpful. You oughtn't nay-say it just because you're not one of those people. =(

• Like 1

This is just dumb.

I find myself saying this a lot in threads these days.

Even then, the player would have to have Freedom chat open when it often isn't on some servers.

What do you mean, it is on every server.