Sign in to follow this  
Meridius

Allow Spaces In Character Names, And Name Change Option

With all the characters with names mashed together of two or more words, and role-players looking for a good game, why not allow at least one space in character names?

If added, give us all a chance to name change.

OR

Add a last name field we can use, having it optionally show on mouseover or in chat.

What I would really like is this:

First name

Last Name (or Family name)

Nickname

Prefix (like a title)

Settlement name

So a full name could look like this: Lord Meridius "The Inasne" Ashewood of Ashewood.

• Like 1

I like the idea of a name different from your username, but titles should only be gained from achieving something like the way it is now.

+1 First name, last name would be nice. Don't need nick nor prefix nor settlement. Far too long with all that stuff unless I can turn it off so I don't see all that on my screen for other players.

I don't know about everything you have listed but a space in the name would be okay for sure. The way things are now player names can get crazy long enough with just the mediation path thing so anything more then the space is not needed..IMO.

+1 First name, last name would be nice. Don't need nick nor prefix nor settlement. Far too long with all that stuff unless I can turn it off so I don't see all that on my screen for other players.

Oh yes, I wouldn't want all that showing up by default.

I just want the space allowed, everything else would just be 'neat'.

No name changes, will make it nearly impossible to keep track of people, for example I have a list of people I refuse to trade with due to unreliability or dishonesty in the past, which I wouldn't be able to have if they could just change their names

I wouldn't yes to second name or giving people a second choice at making their name again, but I think that from implementation on people should have the option to make a character with a space in the name :D

When Everquest allowed name changes they maintained a thread with the old name and what it was changed to, I'd like to see name changes so when see characters that have been sold I don't send a tell and not know whether or not its the same person, not all transfer of characters take place via auctions on the forums.