Sign in to follow this  
Depends

Flattening In Mines

Since we can see which mine tiles are flat, and can raise mine corners, could we get a way to flatten without guessing which corners need to be lowered?

I'm not sure what the easiest way to do this would be. Maybe a flatten command that mines the floor once from all but the lowest corner of the tile?

Also, as has been suggested previously, getting rid of the random plus or minus slope on mine forward would help a lot.

Since the floors are already made to look random and bumpy the random slope isn't needed and tends to cause problems, especially in long tunnel near water level.

• Like 2

+1

I have all graphics and view distance as far as possible WHILE running 4 accounts... but use the low detail for caves because they look so ugly and jagged. Even that isn't good enough though for once I mine a few tiles everything looks like crap again.

You can flatten... use concrete on the lower corner

The problem is that I don't always know which corner IS the lower one. If I can start from a flat base then I can build it up evenly

Reinforcing only helps the walls and the floor right next to the wall, it doesn't help in tunnels wider than 2 tiles where it looks like I'm sinking up to my waist into the rock.

The easiest way (until something's added) is to either find a flat tile or edge. The edge will look dead straight when you're facing due E,W,S or N. Once you have a straight edge it's easy to make a flat tile. Just have to find a straight edge, slide left or right (don't walk use the A D keys) and then mine the corner down till the line you're facing looks straight.

But yeah it could be simpler.

I wouldn't say make the floors flat but just be able to tell slope like you do when working with dirt above ground :/

Then it's really easy to work from there