Sign in to follow this  
junkkmann

Reed Plot

Hey guys,

is there a secret to getting a reed plot set up? i get not sowable messages and out of reach messages on wild stuff. does it just need like 1 corner wet or the whole tile wet?

how deep is too deep?

thanks!

Dig tile completely to max depth with a shovel, then drop three dirt in each corner.

Why such an odd slope of 1 corner off by one? Does not make any sense since the server came with wild reeds on greater slopes as far as I can tell. Surely that cannot be such an extreme slope limitation since farming allows total tile slope of 0-8.

I took an area that was at max boat drag height and dug about 3 dirt at the center of each 2x2.

Edited by Vorg

Why such an odd slope of 1 corner off by one? Does not make any sense since the server came with wild reeds on greater slopes as far as I can tell. Surely that cannot be such an extreme slope limitation since farming allows total tile slope of 0-8.

Three dirt in each corner not one dirt in 3 of the corners.

ok slope of 6 then, 3 horizontal, 3 vertical, but you are saying this is the only slope that works? not any other combination or range like farming is just max 8 total slope? not max of 6 slope for reed?

5 below water. Dig down as far as it will let you, which is 8. then drop 3 dirt in each corner of the tile to bring it to 5 below water. No slope!

It will be flat.