Sign in to follow this  
Darkmalice

Pris Cmp: Naming Islands & Bays - Part 1 [Closed]

There is an island in the north east Shaped like cuthulu

Edited by camberme

/Sigh.... I guess the people that have been on island #2 since day 2 of the server seem to have no say in what the island is named when some folks come two-three weeks later and think they just own the place and don't want to come up with a mutually agreeable name. Pretty classic. Heidelberg Cove does not endorse the name Kraken's Wake.

Anyways we asked for one more suggestion from the deed on the lower half of the island and received no feedback since our multiple suggestions were not acceptable to them. Friendly neighbors. I guess we will be calling the top half of the island "Alcatraz" and officially the island will be "The Nameless"

Edited by Mebourne

The island probably won't have a name. Also, we were there shortly after you. We have a very large group and a massive deed. We know you don't agree with our name but that is what we are calling it.

Also, your members have treated our members very poorly and resorted to name calling and very rude behavior in game. I would not make jabs about us being unfriendly.

Let's be real here. Alcatraz is the name of a place in the real world and sounds tacky. We were trying to apply a certain level of seriousness and creativity to the situation.

/Sigh.... I guess the people that have been on island #2 since day 2 of the server seem to have no say in what the island is named

Why would you ever think that? Rules on the OP are quite clear about disputes.

Since I have polled my alliance members, the deeds of, Belhaven, Moonshadow Oasis, Gelengrray, Bayview estates, and Gnome place like home.

We agree on Dragon's head for our part of the bay, If the whole thing is named Dragon's something or something to do with a Dragon we'll be happy. I will make sure big steve, and them at Novastrov chime in, but I have no contact to anybody else along the full length of #8.

I have a suggestion for #1 it is kinda like the shape of a dangerous dagger so why not Dagger Isle. not sure if anyone else likes this or not, but it sounds good to me.

Why would you ever think that? Rules on the OP are quite clear about disputes.

Hey Dark, I guess my post came off incorrectly. I'm not suggesting that we should have the only right to naming, I was intending to say it would have been nice to have a community discussion and agreement on a name instead of folks jus saying this is what we are gonna name it. We tried to provide multiple suggestions, but were met with no attempts to compromise.

• Darkmoon Peak (single peaked island)
  • Krake's Insel (Kraken's Island in German)
  • Alcatraz Island
  • Rudder's Folly (who in their right name would try to settle the steep slope of this island)

Heidelberg Cove is fine with the naming of Island #2, we remove our previous objection.

Edited by Mebourne

Cool. Saturday should see a few of these going up. To round up so far (and I'll add this to the OP);

#1 Moby Island; Dagger Isle

#2 Kraken's Wake

#3 Silvermoon Isle;

#4 (I will try contacting these guys)

#5 Viviana; Prosperity Lake; Lake Pristine; Keyon Lake; (looks certain to remain unnamed)

#7 Seahorse Sound (seems unanimous); Salinity Bay; Sunset Bay;

#8 Dragon's Head

#9 (Unlikely to be named)

#10 (Does anyone actually live here?)

I propose #5 being named simply, "The Lake." Gives it a nice, foreboading name to go along with it's size.

I love the name does anybody actually live here, for #10, I think that's how it should be named.

#4 resident here. We've been kicking around ideas for the past week or so. We'll contact this thread ASAP when we come up with something interesting we can all agree on.

Cool. Saturday should see a few of these going up. To round up so far (and I'll add this to the OP);

#1 Moby Island; Dagger Isle

#2 Kraken's Wake

#3 Silvermoon Isle;

#4 (I will try contacting these guys)

#5 Viviana; Prosperity Lake; Lake Pristine; Keyon Lake; (looks certain to remain unnamed)

#7 Seahorse Sound (seems unanimous); Salinity Bay; Sunset Bay;

#8 Dragon's Head

#9 (Unlikely to be named)

#10 (Does anyone actually live here?)

But I dont get why everyone wants it seahorse bay... the horses were north of my island AF 6 not in the "lake" its self...

seahorsewtf.png

But I dont get why everyone wants it seahorse bay... the horses were north of my island AF 6 not in the "lake" its self...

(Map)

Found alot of horses down there too, so they weren't only up there.

Correction: I found MORE horses down there, than north of your island.

Edited by Rauthr

Tell you what Ronnie, in the interest of a quick resolution, if you let them have their seahorse sound there I'll put whatever name you want up for your wee island.

#7 Serenity Bay called by settlers for some time now. Thus after all the serenity deed names, including Serenity Bay Overlook and others which took on its name within days of server release.

Did I miss a discussion meeting?

Edited by Emane

You didn't, Emane, but I think that since it was pretty clear that name would have some objections, nobody from the Serenity alliance thought it necessary to officially propose it and just provoke an argument.

Well I'm going to continue to call it Serenity Bay. Someone comes asking for Seahorse sound and I'll just have to ask them where they're talking about.

Well I say Serentiy Bay for #7 also....asked for a couple days before naming deed and that was the consensus then...and in local/alliance chat seems to be the consensus now as well among a majority at least of those who live around it....

anyone else?

Edited by Emane

Problem seems to be the lack of communication around the bay, there's a major alliance here on the eastern side of the bay, and one on the southwest part and a bunch of independent deeds, people just kinda came up with their own names I guess. Relationships are already sort of strained, so finding a name everyone can agree on will be a challenge. Personally, I couldn't care either way, Seahorse Sound, Serenity, has no effect for me.

Tell you what Ronnie, in the interest of a quick resolution, if you let them have their seahorse sound there I'll put whatever name you want up for your wee island.

-pouts- But I was the first to deed along the "bay" area

Serentiy crew didnt show up until atleast 2hours later

But really... there was only 4horses in the bay area until the fence bug started.

And 200times more dead bodies floating of those trying to swim across with logs on hand XD

i dont really mind what the name is but...

seahorse sound is rather lame...

Hell there was more bulls and cows along the shores then there ever were horses in the waters

How about Bull Horn Bay

Edited by Ronnie

-pouts- But I was the first to deed along the "bay" area

Serentiy crew didnt show up until atleast 2hours later

But really... there was only 4horses in the bay area until the fence bug started.

And 200times more dead bodies floating of those trying to swim across with logs on hand XD

i dont really mind what the name is but...

seahorse sound is rather lame...

Hell there was more bulls and cows along the shores then there ever were horses in the waters

How about Bull Horn Bay

Saying "I was first" is a stupid argument to somehow have the right to make that decision, no offence.

(I don't think you were first, either, I was there too on the first day within the first one/two hours of the server opening (I won't try to claim first though, since I honestly don't know.), way before the Serenity deeds came along.)

I thought you'd all more or less agreed. Unnamed it is then.

Hold on, i'll try to talk to the people around the bay, I know most of them. I'll return when we have some kind of decision. (No guarantees we'll agree on anything, only just recently mended the wounds over some other conflicts)

Edited by Rauthr