Sign in to follow this  
yunie

Server

There isn't much choice. All the older ones are pretty much completely settled, with almost no land left for anyone and all creatures penned up so no new creatures ever spawn.

So your choice is between Pristine and Release, both of which are new. Pristine is a little older and has a few settlements already. Release is very new, but beware it'll be very hard to start out there as a newbie because there are many hostile creatures right outside the spawn point.

Pristine and Release

are quite new so there is alot of open land.

the other freedom server have areas that have been for a while. some decay away

but not all of the land is taken. just not next to spawn.

Now as an older player, I must say the old servers aren't all settled, I can assure you of this. Northern Independence has much open land. However, I do recommend to you that you join Pristine or release...it seems release has a nicer map in my honest opinion but there are many more players on the pristine server. So depends which type of gameplay your interested in playing in/as. If your looking for a community and town life I'd recommend Pristine....for more of a solo game or wilderness survival id go with release. (both these stereotypes aren't true entirely, I know there are villagers recruiting on release etc but just follow these as a rule of thumb.) Happy Wurming!

It depends on what you want. For example if you have plans to spend RL money on silver to buy good/fast tools from other players early on, then one of the older PvE servers like Indy would be better since they have access to good enchanted tools. On the other hand if you have no plans to buy stuff like that any time soon, then Pristine/Release would both be very good options since they probably have a lot of unclaimed terrain that hasn't been touched yet.

If you're a new player and are looking for relatively untouched land where those about you have the same skills as you, I'd recommend Pristine or Release. However, if you're wanting to play alongside more established people, then there are a number of choices:

Independence This server is the oldest one in the PvE group, and has a large amount of readilly espatblished villages and a large player base. The terrain is steep and a real challenge for a newer player.

Deliverance Similar to Independence, but with a lesser dirt level, making it easier to find ores and rock. Still has an established playerbase.

Exodus Undulating terrain and regional ore deposits here, but a good map. Still has an established player base, but considerably less than the affore mentioned servers.

Celebration Newer player base, good map with lots of gulleys and water ways, similar to Exodus in that respect.

Chaos The oldest server. Has a close knit community, a lot of open spaces and old ruins. But be warned, this is a PvP server, and you will be seen as an enemy if not a part of any alliance here. While there are those that are not part of such, it's a little harder to deed as any future village may be in an alliances border of control. The unfortunate thing is, there are players belonging to both the HQ of Jenn-Kellon alliance and the Empire or Mol-Rehan alliance that will attack a new settler. While the wider community dislikes this attitude as most of us want to see the population grow, there are a small number that seemingly don't care.

Pristine and Release I cannot comment on either, as I've never been there on this account or an alt.