Sign in to follow this  
RockyBalboa

Slate And Marble Way Too Rare!

I spend many hours (more then 5) to prospect 5 mautins in exo... more lower areas also high.... and i dont found slate or marble.... i found all other ores.... from tin, copper... tons of gold and silver.... no MARBLE or SLATE!!! few players get lucky with that.... and they make nice money with it....

So i suggest that: marble and slate need more veins! is just to rare.... even gold and silver is not rare... why is that usefull material so rare, dont see point in that.... (if u wana use that u already need high skill) there is way too much iron also...

Edited by RockyBalboa
  • Like 3

Not only are they rare, but making floor tiles with the materials is a month long process for anyone with a life. Right now my 45 floor tiles is going to require like 2800 slate, 160 ash and more! Jeez

No one said it was going to be easy to build this new stuff if you make it to easy then you will have huge oversized structures all over the place it is bad enough already.

No one said it was going to be easy to build this new stuff if you make it to easy then you will have huge oversized structures all over the place it is bad enough already.

Indeed, cause not being able to build slate or marble floors prevent you to make 10 story wooden houses, everyone knows that.

It was a generalization that it was not meant to be easy to build stuff just like how they are changing roads they want things to be harder not easier.

+1, what's the point of adding the materials if less than one percent of the players will actually be able to find it. We could do with some more of both veins, but this time please don't time random tiles into those veins, only turn rock tiles into them.

Kegan, how about we just have you put in our floors for us? Everyone knows getting carpel tunnel syndrome making slate shingles is exactly why I play this game. Making slate shingles is the most fun I've had in ages. It was a good change. No Kegan, it only means that everyone will either forget about floors and leave ugly structures, or they'll put in the easiest to build flooring possible. We want variety, not more time making bricks. We do enough of that already. Not everyone can play every hour of day.

Edited by JasperCity

I personally dont want more of this stuff if it means I might lose other veins in the process. I am all for it as long as current ore veins are not touched at all. I dont understand why rock tiles werent chosen as the base for the new materials. I doubt many would care if they lost a few rock tiles to marble or slate.

-1 Here we go again...game is too hard something new is to hard to do make it easier for me.

• Like 5

I appreciate difficulty and I don't think every game feature should be easily available, but there was a sort-of good point in there somewhere; If the roof/floor options were added to create variety among buildings by providing builders with a selection of materials, why are some of the materials so rare to find that they are essentially removed from the selection for most builders?

It's one thing to make luxury items difficult/time-consuming to create, it's another to distribute the building materials too thin across the map.

+1 marble and slate definitly need a boost. Silver and gold is suppose to be rare, yet they are much MUCH more easier to find. I think marble and slate should have the same spawn rate as silver and gold. Thus keeping it still less common but least ya have a chance to find it. Atm, all any1 is doing is spaming wood homes. and at the current rarety of these new viens, only those who find them in there mine benifit, and no one else does. So if it matched gold n silvers spawn rate then least everyone has a chance to find it. No one is asking to make it easier to make these floors or roads when its added, were asking for the spawn rates to incrase so people can actually Use it. Rocky and so many of use searched Exodus high n low, theres only a few veins of slate and apparently none have found marble yet. and unless it cant be picked up by prospecting, thats just nuts..lol

Its going to spawn like other veins just less and people are finding it.

Its going to spawn like other veins just less and people are finding it.

It's not like other veins, marble and slate are a lot rarer. The point of this suggestion is to make them less rare so they are more like the other veins. So if you believe it's good if they are like other veins, then you are clearly in favor of this suggestion too -_-

+1 It really seems as marble and slate are far rarer then silver or gold and since people with already open mines got sometimes(very rarely) marble or slate in an existing wall, it's not only a thing about exposing those tiles......

Rolf said he would look into it after New Year.

I just hope he spawns more in undiscovered rock walls, not turn existing veins into slate/marble again....

• Like 1

+1 It really seems as marble and slate are far rarer then silver or gold and since people with already open mines got sometimes(very rarely) marble or slate in an existing wall, it's not only a thing about exposing those tiles......

I don't know, all my silver and gold have been turned to iron.

It's not like other veins, marble and slate are a lot rarer. The point of this suggestion is to make them less rare so they are more like the other veins. So if you believe it's good if they are like other veins, then you are clearly in favor of this suggestion too -_-

NO...I am not on favor of making them like any other resource....for once there's something people have to go out and look for besides Dragons that is rare.....Now there are people finding this stuff every day and its being spawned on the server and to just make it like iron would be a shame IMHO.

so -1leave it like it is and soon enough it will be found and extracted.

I hope he does more things like this for non hunter players to be able to explore and find that has value.

I can't believe anyone still bothers to respond to Protunia in the suggestions and ideas section of the forum. It's quite nearly always the same big red -1. But hey, I guess we all should have a reputation to uphold. ;)

As for the suggestion, yes, marble and slate do need to be made more common. None of us are asking for it to be as common as iron, but making it more plentiful across the server would be a welcome change. It's ridiculous that we get new flooring types with 1.0 and most of us do not have access to either slate or marble. Those who do have access either do not sell their shards or when they do it's ridiculous how much they charge. For the sake of variety in homes these need to be made more accessible.

Edited by Laiwyn

I guess if you want one bad enough a transmutation rod from the trader will spawn them like any other minable resource i guess it would give you 10k of them just like the other things.

Edited by Kegan

I don't know, all my silver and gold have been turned to iron.

that was a bug :o

transmution rod, nice so 10k hits so that only does 150 tiles max for slate or marble floors. Doesnt fix any, the mat requirement are too high considering current nearly impossible spawn rate. Slate and Marble will need to have the same spawn rates as silver and gold to make them fit properly ingame. SIlver and Gold are rare atm but findable. these 2 new veins types should match it, keeping it rare, but findable as others.

will be happy if stay rare .... like gold and silver.... and sorted by ql also.... so high ql slate and marble ... more rare... low ql more easy to found it...