Sign in to follow this  
guitarxe

Multi-Story Houses. Do 2Nd Floor And Onwards Require 1 Carp Skill Per Wall And Floor?

Hi,

I've been planning a house, but got confused by the wiki. From the wiki, it says:

Players with 21 Carpentry can make a 2nd floor on top of a building.

More skill is required per level. Only the 1st floor planning needs 1 skill per wall and 1 skill per tile.

So, since only the 1st floor requires 1 skill per wall and per tile, then the 2nd and higher floors do not? Meaning, if I want a 2x2 house that is just 1 story it would take me 12 carpentry skill.

If I want a 2x2 house with a 2nd floor on top of it (2nd floor also being 2x2) it would take 21 carpentry to allow me to build a second floor?

Now, if I want a 3x3 house with 1 floor it would take 21 carpentry skill. But if I want a 3x3 house with a 2nd floor on top (2nd floor also being 3x3) it would still take me 21 carpentry skill? Or more?

And what about a 3rd level. How much skill is required to have a 3rd floor?

from what i see so far. the only thing governing upper levels is skill period. im lvl 55 carp and i have so far taken my 18 tile/22 wall house to 3 stories tall, with a 4th story split level thing going on... so 4 stories tall.

not sure the actual numbers, im sure it will take some time for someone to figure that out. but what i believe is that your raw carpentry skill only matters for the initial tile count of the planned structure. each level above it just has to pass a skill check. like 21 carp for 2nd floor. maybe 31 for 3rd floor (MAYBE, just tossing out an idea and a number to illustrate), 41 for a 4th floor, etc etc.

but again. time and testing will tell what the actual requirements are. and who knows, Rolf and team might decide to nerf down to a stricter or easier set of requirements, depending on how they observe players progress.

I don't think that it is as straight forwards as 10 skill points per story. I currently have 50.86 skill and have completed 6 floors and a roof. I wasn't able to build the roof above the 6th story until ~49.25 carpentry. Whenever I would try to build the roof before, I would get the, "you need a higher carpentry skill to build at this height" message. I've asked this exact question many different times since the update and have received no indication that people know anything about it other than what their own skill is and what they can build to. I can confirm that at 50 carpentry, one can build up to the 7th story (6 floors and a roof.) Wish I could be more help!

The above is based off a 16 tile, 22 wall structure.

EDIT: added the tile and wall info ^

Edited by Raouket

I don't think that it is as straight forwards as 10 skill points per story. I currently have 50.86 skill and have completed 6 floors and a roof. I wasn't able to build the roof above the 6th story until ~49.25 carpentry. Whenever I would try to build the roof before, I would get the, "you need a higher carpentry skill to build at this height" message. I've asked this exact question many different times since the update and have received no indication that people know anything about it other than what their own skill is and what they can build to. I can confirm that at 50 carpentry, one can build up to the 7th story (6 floors and a roof.) Wish I could be more help!

The above is based off a 16 tile, 22 wall structure.

EDIT: added the tile and wall info ^

yup, thats why i said the numbers were just to illustrate the idea. it will take some time for all the data to come in, such as your 49.62 carpentry for the 6th floor tidbit. im guessing other factors such as hammer/trowel QL come into play. who knows. only way to find out would be to make an alt strictly for testing. and i dont know of anyone crazy enough to do that. lol