Sign in to follow this  
TorakTu

Please Delete My Account. Thank You.

It costs me double to play this game when I use the rewards and I will not have anything to do with paypal. The token would cost me double, as well as my premium membeship. I didn't realize that Rolf would charge double for everything, if you do not use paypal. That just isn't right.

So please juse delete the account. Thank you.

TorakTu

There is usually an option below the paypal log in that lets you pay with a credit card.

There is usually an option below the paypal log in that lets you pay with a credit card.

Look again, the credit card still must go through paypal for them to process it. I have blocked paypal from my bank. So now my credit card wont go through. So while your paying a permium that covers two months, I am paying monthly if I use the rewards system. While you pay once a month for your token, I am paying double a month for my token. And rewards lets you use your credit card. But you are charged double the amount to use it. Its not right.

paypalcrap.png

Edited by TorakTu

You are not forced to use paypal, you can pay by credit card. There are some limits though depending on what country you live in.

Its your own choice not to use paypal, you can't blame Rolf for that.

why is everyone fearing paypal, ive used it for years now and havent had one issue yet.

• Like 6

You are not forced to use paypal, you can pay by credit card. There are some limits though depending on what country you live in.

Its your own choice not to use paypal, you can't blame Rolf for that.

I have tried. It will NOT let you use a credit card if you have blocked paypal. As for your other statement, it is Rolf and his team whom is responsible for all transaction access. If they set it up this way, they are responsible. If they are choosing to charge double, they are responsible. I am choosing not to play because it costs me 4 times as much each month compared to your 1.5 times a month. So if you think its fair then you obviously are just trolling.

why is everyone fearing paypal, ive used it for years now and havent had one issue yet.

There is a lot more to it then that. They recently got hacked.. their database was. I got an email saying I was hacked BY THEM. I logged in and boom, all info was changed and it was proven hacked. So I totally blocked them with my bank. They also own Ebay. And they too were hacked. Look this info up. Its all over.

And in case you just "can't find it".. here... Official Nasdaq website. Oh and that story was written in November. There has been proof all over that it did, and still continues. So if your one who has never been hacked, your lucky.

http://www.nasdaq.co...04#.UNy3JHdCi8w

Edited by TorakTu

man i hate to break it to ya, your bank can get hacked also, does that mean youll block it next, things like this there is nothing u can stop from happening. I understand it really sucks. But so far my account has never been touched.

man i hate to break it to ya, your bank can get hacked also, does that mean youll block it next, things like this there is nothing u can stop from happening. I understand it really sucks. But so far my account has never been touched.

Its great that your account has not been touched. But I did physically go to my bank to talk to them about it. They blocked it after they saw what happened. I do not blame them and I am grateful to my bank for keeping an eye on my account. Oh and the money that PayPal DID steal from me.. was returned to me.

Edited by TorakTu

I got an email saying I was hacked BY THEM. I logged in and boom, all info was changed and it was proven hacked.

So you fell for a spoof email?

Anyway, your money in your bank account is safe, there is simply no reason for asking your bank to block payments through PayPal.

If your credit card gets "stolen" your bank is liable for all losses, not you.

I don't trust anyone in real life, but I won't let a bunch of pathetic no-life hackers scare me into wearing a tin-foil hat and not using money on the internet.

FYI, all my accounts from various game sites have been hacked and I haven't changed my credit card yet. Nothing has happened.

Anyway, your money in your bank account is safe, there is simply no reason for asking your bank to block payments through PayPal.

I don't trust anyone in real life, but I won't let a bunch of pathetic no-life hackers scare me into wearing a tin-foil hat and not using money on the internet.

FYI, all my accounts from various game sites have been hacked and I haven't changed my credit card yet. Nothing has happened.

And that's fine. But paypal is now blocked. The topic here is delete my account because there is no way to play this game without paypal in the way, that is, IF I don't want to be charged double by the rewards that Rolf and his team setup.

And no, I do not fall for the email tricks.

Edited by TorakTu

*shrugs* your choice.

Hey, at least you guys tried to help. I appreciate it.

The biggest issue Rolf has is the cost of using other payment vendors, from what I understand paypal is so far the least expensive and the API links for the game are long term established and trusted.

We cannot delete your account. (They are only deleted if non premium after 3 months of inactivity).

If you really wish it not to be used or accessed again we could place a permanent ban on it, if this is the case please request this via Forum PM to Enki or Oracle

The biggest issue Rolf has is the cost of using other payment vendors, from what I understand paypal is so far the least expensive and the API links for the game are long term established and trusted.

We cannot delete your account. (They are only deleted if non premium after 3 months of inactivity).

If you really wish it not to be used or accessed again we could place a permanent ban on it, if this is the case please request this via Forum PM to Enki or Oracle

Hmm.. That is an option. I could always start another account if Rolf does add another way to use a credit / debit card. Thanks for the info.

EDIT UPDATE : Can you post me the link to either one of their profiles. Neither name is coming up in the members list. Thank you.

Edited by TorakTu

I had a similar issue. For me, when I tried purchasing premium time yesterday Paypal didn't even give me the option to pay as guest. It was sign in to existing account or create a new one. No way to skip creating a paypal account.
/>http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/72390-how-to-purchase-premium-without-making-paypal-account

I've decided to buy a pre-paid credit card and use that for paypal for now, but it is still incredibly silly to limit payment options to only paypal (which has a universal bad reputation.. it might be ok in north america but in other parts of the world it is a very, very bad service).

THIS ^

And since you are protected from unapproved credit card transactions and you know all this other crap then you know that too.

So, I am wondering who is the troll here. I suspect it is TORAKTU

BTW, been making Paypal transactions for this game for about six years now. Never a problem.

Edited by Sarcaticous

And in case you just "can't find it".. here... Official Nasdaq website. Oh and that story was written in November. There has been proof all over that it did, and still continues. So if your one who has never been hacked, your lucky.

http://www.nasdaq.co...04#.UNy3JHdCi8w

From the quoted article:

"We're investigating this but to date we have been unable to find any evidence that validates this claim," PayPal tweeted at The Next Web on Sunday.

Also this:
/>http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/11/05/no-anonymous-did-not-hack-paypal/

Edited by ago

I hope you realize that the in-game payments for premium are meant to be paid using money earned in-game. If you choose to buy the coins from the Super Rewards and pay for premium using them at the token then that is your own loss. You will end up paying double this way, yes, but Rolf never set up paying for premium using in-game money at 10s per month as a way to stick it to those people who don't want to use Paypal. He most likely made it cost twice as much as just paying for premium through the store to encourage users to pay using real money... Rolf earns nothing when you pay for your premium using in-game money (excluding those of you who buy the coins from Super Rewards to fund premium of course).

open a checking account where you only put limited funds to play, nd use that account on pp. if you get hacked, unlikely,

you only loose that months playing funds. dont use your million dollar or euro account on paypal

• Like 1

You probably have a virus and or spyware on your computer, paypal is not simply hacked.

open a checking account where you only put limited funds to play, nd use that account on pp. if you get hacked, unlikely,

you only loose that months playing funds. dont use your million dollar or euro account on paypal

This is what i do too. I do it with a small savings account though and just upload money from the account to my PayPal balance when i need keeping my regular checking and savings accounts safe form anything at might happen over the internet.