Sign in to follow this  
Guest Docterchese

I Can Pm Myself

I assume this isn't intended, but I could /tell docterchese when logged in as docterchese and just get what I say sent back to me:

[19:15:47] <Docterchese> hi me

[19:15:47] <Docterchese> hi me

[19:15:53] <Docterchese> o/

[19:15:53] <Docterchese> o/

[19:50:01] <Docterchese> HEY SEXY

[19:50:01] <Docterchese> HEY SEXY

[19:50:17] <Docterchese> wow, where did you get that nice drake armour?

[19:50:17] <Docterchese> wow, where did you get that nice drake armour?

[19:50:23] <Docterchese> I like you skills

[19:50:23] <Docterchese> I like you skills

[19:50:27] <Docterchese> cool title

[19:50:27] <Docterchese> cool title

Lol.

Anyhow it's a bit odd, quickfix make it impossible to message yourself? Unless it's intended that Wurm has a built-in way for you to be non-lonely that is

Edited by Docterchese

I've used it as a kind of in world to do list a couple of times. For some reason I can get easily distracted in Wurm. LOL

There has never been a mention that all Wurmians have to be sane, hell there is even a meditation path of insanity, why should we not be able to talk to ourselves. Just have to worry when you get strange answers back...

I can see this being useful then actually, just I didn't know about it until now x)

I use an open PM to myself when I'm changing a password or email address, where I'm paranoid I might mistype a command and allow everyone to see my info.

• Like 1

I use an open PM to myself when I'm changing a password or email address, where I'm paranoid I might mistype a command and allow everyone to see my info.

me too haha

I use this for notes. And also a few GMs use this to store coordinates and so on.

It is great not a bug

I use self PM's for remembering my keybinds. Each time exec is called it also sends me a message about the new keybinds in effect at that moment. Would be nice to have a command to send a message to the event tab for this though. The help tab or a custom tab under in the event window would be nice too.

I use this to open a empty window to myself so I am not distracted by things said hours ago.