Sign in to follow this  
Antares

Suggestion For A Notice Board For Deeds And Villages.

I would like to suggest a item which would be using carpentry to make and can be placed as a decorative item in villages as well as making it useful to spread information around the village or deed.

Due to the inclussion of papyrus, we can write messages, thing is, we can really only store them in mailboxes or other containers or leave em on the ground for someone to notice, and calling a large chest "newsboard" seems kinda silly.

The newsboard would only be able to store papyrus in it and you could write notices and messages that way and leave em for people to read or take, it could as well be used as a information or task hub for the whole village. That way we would give papyrus another use.

Edited by Antares
  • Like 5

+1 it would be so much nicer to have it so your villagers know what is needed or if they need something they can write or just to have little conversations.

Heh, even Harvest Moon games for NDS has this feature!

+1, would be a nice addition

Yes this would be a great addition I also said so it the suggestions to make Wurm better thread.

So +1 :D

Old suggestion, but I liked then too.

I use statues to leave messages.

I would very much like this to be added. It's really hard to bring newcomers up to speed in our newcomer deed, this would help immensely, especially if it could support hyperlinks (like chat).

I would very much like this to be added. It's really hard to bring newcomers up to speed in our newcomer deed, this would help immensely, especially if it could support hyperlinks (like chat).

If the papyrus supports hyperlinks, that would be great. Thing is, it should still be middle agey and need resources like papyrus to have any use. You would only be able to put papyrus on the notice board to leave messages, you wouldn't be able to use it persay without papyrus.

Another idea would be to have pins or some sort of item that sticks certain papyrus sheets on the board, so they can't be removed, those would be used for welcoming messages, to post village rules or post a message that can't be removed from the notice board.

Does the game have ink yet?

Leaving messages on papyrus would be difficult without it. Dye just dosn't do it.

Add squid as a fishable resource. Alchemy to remove dye or butcher to clean squid.

Of course you'd then need a glass or pottery inkpot and a quill to apply it. And possibly a scribing skill to actually write.

Does the game have ink yet?

Leaving messages on papyrus would be difficult without it. Dye just dosn't do it.

Add squid as a fishable resource. Alchemy to remove dye or butcher to clean squid.

Of course you'd then need a glass or pottery inkpot and a quill to apply it. And possibly a scribing skill to actually write.

Octopus > ink > reed pen > papyrus. It already exists, and dye is far easier.

+1 again to the OP, I dislike the argument that it makes it harder to distinguish GM-made signs - just give them a different color one or something.

Octopus > ink > reed pen > papyrus. It already exists, and dye is far easier.

+1 again to the OP, I dislike the argument that it makes it harder to distinguish GM-made signs - just give them a different color one or something.

That argument is rather irrelevant as you mentioned, just seems like a excuse for them to not be made. Yes, give the Notice boards a different design or color or just mouseover it and it says "Village notice board."

good idea +1

it will facilitate better communiations between villagers but also non-villagers - who will be more able to sense the flavour and nature of the village that they are exploring

Edited by robino