Sign in to follow this  
robino

How To Make An Overhang...

this is a housebuilding question

i want to know how to make a house where the 2nd floor OVERHANGS the 1st floor

i want a stone first floor and then a wooden walled 2nd floor that has a larger floorplan by 1 tile

is it possible?

Make your first floor plan as 'big' as the second floor, then use interior walls to make the first floor. I'm doing something similar to this for a barn/wagon storage house (see the attached image). I'm not sure if there are 'open walls' on the exterior of the plan on the first floor if it would cause the house to be not complete in wurm building rules or not. What I'm doing is using arched walls to make it like a porch/garage. In your case, try not having the arched walls, but complete interior walls, and see what happens. Worse case, put up arch walls to complete the house.

shwagon_zps67ded8c4.jpg

Edited by Dorian

You can't have a larger floor plan on the next floor. The base floor plan is the limit.

Edited by Wiro

Can't we knock out the bottom walls after the upper floors are done though?

I am not sure, but you wouldn't have an overhang you would have the usual wooden supports there.

Make your first floor plan as 'big' as the second floor, then use interior walls to make the first floor. I'm doing something similar to this for a barn/wagon storage house (see the attached image). I'm not sure if there are 'open walls' on the exterior of the plan on the first floor if it would cause the house to be not complete in wurm building rules or not. What I'm doing is using arched walls to make it like a porch/garage. In your case, try not having the arched walls, but complete interior walls, and see what happens. Worse case, put up arch walls to complete the house.

shwagon_zps67ded8c4.jpg

How did ya make that pic? looks like awesome house planner lol... or is that pic from devs-published pics?
  • Like 1