Sign in to follow this  
guitarxe

How To Purchase Premium Without Making Paypal Account?

I cannot trust paypal enough to create an account with them. When I go to the Wurm shop to purchase premium time it says that it's possible to just pay using paypal without creating an account.

You can pay using a credit card or debit card without creating a PayPal account, depending on your country. Click on the "Buy now" button for the item you wish to purchase, which will take you to the PayPal Checkout page. Click on the "If you do not currently have a PayPal account" button in the middle of the page and enter your credit card/debit card details.

But when it takes me to paypal there's only 2 options. One is to sign in with paypal to an existing account, or to create a new account. How come? I know paypal lets you pay without creating an account, since I've done that before when purchasing some other things online, but when I try to purchase Wurm premium time that option is not there...

What country are you from? I know for sure that it will let you pay as a guest in the U.S.

Edited by Laiwyn

Canada. But I tried to put the country as USA and it still doesn't give that option.

The weirdest thing is that when I click on the button in the Wurm shop it takes me to Paypal but sets the language and country to Swedish automatically for some reason...

The weirdest thing is that when I click on the button in the Wurm shop it takes me to Paypal but sets the language and country to Swedish automatically for some reason...

That happens to everyone

Also, try to change the country to some random one which does allow you to pay as guest, then change it back to your own country. That's what I did when I couldn't pay as guest.

Another possibility is that you've reached your limit. Some countries can only pay twice a month, others five times a month (Might not be 100% right) without owning an accont.

Edited by bluemoonn

That happens to everyone

Also, try to change the country to some random one which does allow you to pay as guest, then change it back to your own country. That's what I did when I couldn't pay as guest.

Hm, I tried that but there was no option to pay without creating an account no matter what exotic country I tried.

Another possibility is that you've reached your limit. Some countries can only pay twice a month, others five times a month (Might not be 100% right) without owning an accont.

That could be possilbe, although I've only done 1 purchase through paypal this month. I guess I'll try again in the new year and see.

What's wrong with Paypal enough that you can't trust them with your information? They get your card information regardless if you buy premium using an account or not. The only difference is that with an account they will have your routing number, bank account number, and address.

I don't trust anyone that stores as much personal information on a network as Paypal does. There is no guarantee they won't be hacked and no one is 100% hack proof.

Try using Firefox or Chrome instead of IE. Works for me.

they will have your routing number, bank account number, and address.

LMAO. This is why you don't want an account with them.

Yeah, paypal doesn't exactly have a stellar reputation. They lock out accounts all the time without giving any reason or warning, and there is no way of contacting them other than a phone that doesn't even work when you call!

In countries other than USA/CAN/UK paypal is considered VERY bad because of how they treat their customers in those countries.

And not to mention if somebody wanted an access to a very large repository of personal information, credit card details, and bank accounts there's no better place than to hack paypal and we all know that online security is a farce at best...

Well, by not using Paypal you're only hurting yourself. I'll continue to keep my tin foil hat in the closet.

Please tell me you're joking. You cannot be ignorant of the hacking spree that Anonymous went on a few months ago...

Regardless, I would rather not have paypal store any of my personal information. If there is a way to purchase premium time without creating a paypal account I'd like to know how.

And I do personally believe it is in the best interests of Wurm Online to provide a better variety of payment options.

I do not use Paypal like a bank (i.e. I do not add funds to my Paypal account) I only use it as a quick way to bypass putting in my card information every time I want to purchase something online that requires Paypal. As this it works wonderfully. I also feel the need to tell you that a couple of months ago Paypal was requesting me to send them my SSN, tax numbers, and all sorts of crazy stuff and of course I didn't trust them with that information and so did not send it. What did they do? Nothing really. They closed my account for like a day and reviewed my account and then opened it up again and removed the annoying things that would show up every time I logged in requesting the things they wanted. By not giving them this extra information all that my account is limited on is adding funds. The thing is though is that I honestly don't see the point of adding money to your Paypal account anyway, so no loss to me. The text in grey only applies to U.S. residents because of a new law that came into effect earlier this year.

By not having Paypal you will also never have the option to buy any money from people here on the forums or to buy accounts (I never buy accounts, but plenty of people do). Just keep that in mind.

There is another option for paying for premium. Go to super rewards on the shop page. Do not log in when you're on the shop page, first scroll down to where you see the Super Rewards option and enter your name and press continue. On that page you can pay using a card without Paypal. However, this method is only for buying coins, not premium time. If you choose to go this route you'll end up paying more money per month for premium due to the fact that you will have to use the coins to pay for premium at a token.

Edited by Laiwyn

If you want changes fight up this topic

/>http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/65929-payment-options-gaming-card/page__hl__paysafe#entry651847

pressure that is what you need on this topic

There is another option. Go to super rewards on the shop page. Do not log in when you're on the shop page, first scroll down to where you see the Super Rewards option and enter your name and press continue. On that page you can pay using a card without Paypal.

Edit: I forgot, that method is only for buying coins, not premium time. If you choose to go this route you'll end up paying more money per month for premium due to the fact that you will have to use the coins to pay for premium at a token.

Thanks for letting me know this option exists. How much more would I end up paying?

If you want changes fight up this topic

http://forum.wurmonl...afe#entry651847

pressure that is what you need on this topic

Yeah, for sure. The more options the better, whatever they are.

Let me say this one more time. Try using Firefox or Chrome when you want you use the WURM shop. I don't get any messages to create an account. And you don't pay anything extra simply for using a different browser. But if you want to ignore this fine, blow a few extra pennys.

Normally you would pay 60 Euros per year for premium if you didn't pay for a year all at once. If you buy premium using the coins bought from the Super Rewards section you will pay 128.59 Euros (119 silvers). One year of premium using in-game money is 120 silvers, but that's really close.

Let me say this one more time. Try using Firefox or Chrome when you want you use the WURM shop. I don't get any messages to create an account. And you don't pay anything extra simply for using a different browser. But if you want to ignore this fine, blow a few extra pennys.

Over 60 Euros more is a few pennies? Heh.

Edited by Laiwyn

I already use Firefox :)

Normally you would pay 60 Euros per year for premium if you didn't pay for a year all at once. If you buy premium using the coins bought from the Super Rewards section you will pay 128.59 Euros (119 silvers). One year of premium using in-game money is 120 silvers, but that's really close.

Oh... I can't just buy 1 month at a time?

I'm going to get a pre-paid card from the bank tomorrow and use that for paypal for now. Thanks for your help :)

No problem. I hope the prepaid card will be accepted by Paypal. I don't see why it shouldn't be since iirc you can add a card to your Paypal without needing to attach it to your bank account. You will save much more money by using Paypal over the Super Rewards and by having a prepaid card you won't have to worry about much at all using Paypal for things. I apologize for sounding condescending in this thread.

Good luck. :)

The prepaid will work it's what I've used for pay pal for years that way if someone hacks them all they are going to get from me is the 10$ I leave on the card to keep it active.

Edited by Jedas

Overall I trust paypal to keep my credit card information safe but I'd not trust Rolf to implement the same security measures as paypal does.

My credit card information is probably safer with paypal being attacked by anonymous than rolf being attacked by some lonely script kiddie.

Overall I trust paypal to keep my credit card information safe but I'd not trust Rolf to implement the same security measures as paypal does.

You enter or have stored your credit card information on the PayPal website which you access via an encrypted connection. Your credit card data is not stored on any servers under management of Code Club AB.

Well, by not using Paypal you're only hurting yourself. I'll continue to keep my tin foil hat in the closet.

you do know paypal sells its customers info to the highest bidder right ?

You enter or have stored your credit card information on the PayPal website which you access via an encrypted connection. Your credit card data is not stored on any servers under management of Code Club AB.

I am aware that all credit card transactions are done by paypal. I just wanted to point out that I'm very happy that the security department of paypal is responsible for the security of my credit card information and not Rolf.

you do know paypal sells its customers info to the highest bidder right ?

Of course, they give away your address and full information (including banking information) because they're awful people.

/sarcasm

The most that they would give away is whether you are male or female, what age, and what your buying habits are. I really could care less.