Sign in to follow this  
JBlak

Make Hell Hounds Less Like A Flamin' Labrador And More Like Mozilla Firefox

I just don't think the red Labrador model is doing the feared hell hound justice. Maybe replace the dog model with the black wolf model, only red?

I like the hound image, but the coloring needs love.

I'd love to see the Hellhounds be black and red brindle. Here's a brown and black brindle.

simba.jpg

Edited by Farmerbob

Don't you think this breed looks too cute and tame to be a creature that comes from the bowels of Sol, thirsting for newbie blood?

Don't you think this breed looks too cute and tame to be a creature that comes from the bowels of Sol, thirsting for newbie blood?

No, looking cute and cuddly as it rips your leg off makes it even more sinister.

Hehe evil puppies :D

CGI and rendering were never my forte; however, I usually hear fire is incredibly difficult to reproduce. Or at least to create a fire effect with the same kind of presence as RL fire.

I recal interviews with the sfx people who worked on the first Ghostrider movie as one example.

Edited by Klaa

Aye, fire is hard to do well. Thats why I like a red and black brindle look, it has the appearance of charcoal and flame. Get rid of the flamey-aura and just give it fire-looking boot markings and put a little fire in it's mouth?

• Like 1

I'm not an artist but perhaps somehting like this with the hair at the mane area being flames instead ?

78DUG.jpg

• Like 1

I'm not an artist but perhaps somehting like this with the hair at the mane area being flames instead ?

78DUG.jpg

That is not a hound. It's certainly not a cuddly puppy, but it's not a hound.

The Bearer of Death is a term used in describing the Hellhound. Hellhound has been said to appear as being as black as coal and smelling of burning brimstone, they tend to leave behind a burned area wherever they go, their eyes are a deep, bright and almost glowing red, they have razor sharp teeth, super strength and speed and are commonly associated with graveyards and the underworld. Hellhounds are called The Bearer of Death because they were supposedly created by ancient demons to serve as heralds of death. According to legend seeing one leads to a person's death, sometimes it is said to be once, other times it is three times in order for the curse to take effect and kill the victim, these factors make the hellhound a feared symbol and worthy of the name “Bearer of Deathâ€.

hellhound.jpg

That is what I think of when I hear Hell Hound; not a dog with flames on it.

• Like 1

I can respect that you guys want a mean looking critter to look like a mean looking critter.

The wolves are very well done, and I think the Hellhounds are too, because they are hounds graphically.

For me, the only change I would make is to remove the flame aura, and give them a brindle black and red pattern with flame - shaped red boots and a little fire in their mouths.

There are many other creatures that need more love though.