Sign in to follow this  
RomaN

Fps, Freezing And Crashing Makes Wurm Unplayable

Since the 1.0 release, my client has been experiencing a lot of issues relating to severe fps drops and stutters, freezing and game crashes.

At first, I suspected a memory leak as the client was using up a lot of memory space (around 1.2gig) but since the latest patchnotes have confirmed the memory leak has been fixed, I'm not sure what the issue may be.

When I travel through built up areas, the game often freezes momentarily for up to 10-15 seconds at a time or just crashes with error code <unknown>. This is very common when I travel through any place that has many players and buildings such as Impalong and spawn areas, and large deeds.

I have tried turning all my settings to the bare minimal but I still experience these issues.

I think these crashes and fps stutters/freezing set a very bad first impression for new players and infuriate and frustrate existing players.

Is there any possible fix for this at the moment or is it still being worked on?

Im having the same problems, I play for about 5-10 minutes and then my game freezes completely. It seems its a lot of us who are experiencing problems atm.

I have the exact same problem and it happened to me through out the whole tutorial, I've tried disabling VBO support, and sound, but neither worked. I've also tried both the stable and unstable clients, it was the same for both, although the unstable had a 20% chance of crashing on executing it. My game freezes up, just like RomaN's, and then recovers about fifteen seconds later, but at other times the whole client freezes and I have to force close the client.

Reduce maximum texture size (for player textures and maybe even for regular textures). Might help.