Sign in to follow this  
Ralstin

Quick Question

I've found an area I want to settle, but the area has a large fence arround some of it. You can go in two of the 4 gates, but the other two are locked. I can tell there used to be a house there, but everything has rotted away. Any way to get a key for the gates? IT said it was a very low quality lock. Thanks

PvP Server? if so, just get a maul and take some time, or use a catapult :)

You can also bash fences on PvE servers that are not part of an enclosure as defined by the Game Rules.

And no you can't get a key for the locked gates, short of finding one laying around.

It says: You see an iron fence gate

A plaque it attached

It is locked with a loxk of poor quality.Ql:11 Dam: 32

Troll club or large maul. & 21 body strength.

Edited by alaskanbob

You must be a *premium account* with 21 body strength to bash fences on Freedom Isles servers. Then it is best to use a catapult if you don't want to sepnd an hour or so destroying one fencing/gate.

=Ayes=

Probably best also to EXAMINE the ground and make sure it is not deeded or a perimeter of a deed, as you would not be able to build a structure there anyway if it is. Sometimes people have bits of old abandoned homesteads on land they have since deeded, which might explain why an 11Q fence is still there long after the house has completely decayed.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

which might explain why an 11Q fence is still there long after the house has completely decayed.

Actually, there's a better explanation... houses have a greatly increased decay rate once the owner is inactive for 2 (or 3? not sure.) months.

I've lost multiple 60QL off-deed stone gatehouses to that "feature" while all the fences around them had like 10 damage.