Unexpected crash while playing

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded

i got 8 gigs of ram, Seriously fix this :-(

====== CLIENT CRASH ======

Unexpected crash while playing

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded

i got 8 gigs of ram, Seriously fix this :-(

I got 8 gigs too, same problem

I have 16 gigs but I can't push my java mem usage over 1.3 GB, (max settings) whats your graphic card?

Same. 16 gigs, 8 core 3.6ghz proc and crossfire 2gb 6950's and I'm crashing out.

The hell man. Have been unaffected until this morning, now with 3 people in local I am getting smashed.

Got raided the other night, attacking force gave up because 8 people in local was causing group crashes.

Edit: Running single 6950 did not improve anything but lasted slightly longer without crashing.

Edited by GreenHero

If my java leaks over 1.3 GB it crashes out, I believe. quad core 3.4 GHZ OC'd to 4.8 GHZ

480 GTX OC'D lightly

8GB ram

It doesn't matter if it was running on a supercomputer, it will probably still crash out.

What's taking so long for this to be fixed too? I heard this was a known bug on 12/12, it's nearly end of the month.

Nothing of the sort ever happened to me. Never had a crash since October.

8GB RAM, i7 3770, Radeon HD 7850

i got a fx 6100 6 core cpu oced to 3.8ghz, Pny gtx 460 1gig OC edition, 8 gigs rams, and i crashed lest 4 times when sailing, When im not sailing doesnt happen as often. All our systems here are miles above the max standard for wurm, we should be able to push 10 clients and laugh about it yet we cant. and when these crashs happened i was only using 1 char.

Never had this problem. Must be machine specific. I built my own and others have too so you have about ten thousand different machines out there.

I *was* getting crashes, frequently, and I have no idea if this will help anyone else at all but this is what I did and now the problem is 100% gone.

I have a 64 bit OS but was using 32 bit Java. Crashing constantly, bad memory leaks constantly.

I switched to 64 bit java, and have not had a single issue since, even at the impalong. Back to running 5 accounts at once, one on max settings the rest on the lowest settings and no sound.

It also reduced the memory usage by a huge amount, 1gig+ was the norm, now it's 700 megs or so.

I have 8 gigs of ram on an i7 using an AMD Radeon HD 6900 series (in other words, nothing fancy) using windows 8

No idea if this is your issue (and probably better posted in the tech forums) but figured I'd share.

Running on my lower end PC I have High mem usage but never a crash and I can run between 6-8 clients for hours.

Intel i7 920

Asus P6T Deluxe v2

12 GB Corsair Dominator 1600 CL9

EVGA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked 96MB

Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit (cringe)

64 Bit Java

i've had performance issues with buildings loading way slower and much lower fps buuuut.... 2gb ram and no crashes :P

I think there are two problems, one is a memory leak that seems to effect certain video cards. The other looks more like a java thread problem of some sort.

I'll be cruising along with one or two clients each around 1 to 1.2GB and one or the other will suddenly report 'Not responding'. Memory usage is stable, three's no disk I/O (swapping or paging in graphics), the java process is just hung. It looks to me like a deadlock situation between two java threads.

This is being looked at by quite a few people. While the words "memory leak" are being thrown around a lot, almost all logs have shown that there is not a leak, and general garbage collections can clear up cases where memory leaks may appear. There may be a memory leak still, however it is a very small one (less than 25MB over an hour I would say.)

One thing to ensure is that if you have over 2GB of system memory, remove/uninstall Java-32 and install Java-64. You are running into a limitation of Java itself for those of you over 2GB and crashing at ~1.xGB.

I'm in the same boat as a lot of you, so believe me, I have a lot invested in finding solutions to improve memory usage and FPS.

I'd highly advise grabbing the latest test client for the test server and seeing if it helps your memory usage/low FPS. The more people testing, the better results we can get.

You can find test client release notifications here; http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/forum/11-city-hall/

Here is the current build release note; http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/72235-2012-12-24-test-client-3176-4507/

Dropped my settings lower and I'm still getting this memory leak.

Surprisingly a quick temp fix for me is minimizing the game and then putting it back up.

My fps also drops a lot when I'm moving and my render distances are even lower than I had before 1.0.

There is still a memory leak? I can play for 8+ hours and get no disconnect, iv only got 4GB of RAM too.

might be interesting to see how many people are actually still running a 32 bit OS/java. my system is 64 bit and i haven't had a single crash yet. lag around many people/populated deeds, but no outright crashes.

Actually im on my boat sailing and have to log out all 30 minutes because the dia show is starting again. thought it has to do with christmas and my weak internet connection(notebook with a isdn-stick, sorta wireless) but on the other hand, as it started a few days ago, before that time i never had it.

Edited by Aelfred

Ive been running 64 bit for months, my client stops responding frequently, I will crash without fail heading towards a village and threaten to when new people come into my local. Im not tech savvy so all I know is that I have 8GB RAM i7 radeon 6970M and that I used to run 7-8 clients and now just one hurts.

I have yet to crash since 1.0 release. Windows 7 ultimate, Intel i7, 8GB RAM, Nvidia 560 w/2GB. Not sure exactly what settings I'm running. I'm pretty sure I'm running either the most recent 32b Java, but it might be the one before that.

I'll grab and post ini settings and Java version when I get home. Where is the text file located with the ini configuration for Wurm?

nWCKd.jpg

Never had this problem before 1.0. it slowly creeps to this amount. faster if i board a cart. and instantaneously

if i ride a horse.

when i have the issues it was sailing. Also im runing 64 bit java, 64 bit win 7, 8 gigs of ram 6 core cpu, *stumped* also mine generally looks like 1.2 gbs for java's mem usuage.

Edited by fatboy

I'm in the same boat as SmeJack. Never any problems with 3-5 clients, about the same system specs. Now I can't run 1 for more than 1 hour without having to reboot.