Sign in to follow this  
Sir Arowhun

Bonfire

I suggest a larger and brighter campfire that requires multiple logs to build. After it is built, it would require a kindling to light.

And creates more ash, ideal for leatherworkers everywhere. +1000 :D

Would be good if we could fit corpses in there too. Cremation time!!!

Sounds good, would be good for wurm related events especially around bonfire night! +1

I'm sure I used to be able to add items to finished charcoal piles a long time ago. To heat iron and the like

Love it, with some coding they could even make a couple sizes depending how many logs are put into it. Especially love the more ash part.

As I burned a brush pile yesterday, in real life, I thought "we need this in Wurm!  I'm gonna make a suggestion."  In a novel moment of forethought, I searched to see if anyone else had suggested it yet...  so I'll rez this thread.

Bonfire

Model is larger than a campfire, and has five different sizes/stages depending on the quantity  of logs in it.

Requires 2 logs to build.

Lit with a piece of kindling and a steel and flint.
QL is the avg ql of the logs added minus 5%.

Produces ash based on the quantity of logs: 1.6kg ash (lower quality) per 24kg log.
Will take up to 240kg of logs.
Burns between 2kg and 5 kg every 5 minutes
  - a 1ql bonfire with 48kg of log would last approximately 50 minutes, while a 100ql bonfire the same size would last about 2.5 hours.
Stages:
Dying - less than 20kg - appears like a mound of hot coals - not very bright
Fading - 20kg to 40kg - short flames, like a larger campfire - as bright as a good lantern
Burning Steadily - 40kg to 80kg - medium flames - as bright as several lanterns
Blazing - 80kg to 160kg - high flames - Very bright
Roaring - 160kg to 240kg - Max flames - Bright enough to annoy if on an adjacent tile

As you add to the bonfire, it will increase through the stages.
As it burns logs, it will decrease through the stages.

Anything flammable could be burned by putting it in a bonfire.  In some ways could work similar to a trash heap.
Adding anything wooden, that would immediately increase the bonfire, consuming the item.
Anything added will average the ql.
QL remains steady until the fire burns out, at which point the ash can be collected.

• Like 2

After reading Wilczan's, I agree with a higher total potential weight of fuel added.  Maybe 10 logs (240kg) could give max visible size and light output, but could add up to 50 to allow the bonfire to last for a day or two?

I love the idea of burning extra carts and ships, but that seems to allow too much potential for griefing.