Sign in to follow this  
MetalDragon

Email Confirmation For Password/email Change

Hi there,

After experiencing account theft yesterday, i was quite puzzled how i didn't get any notification that my password had recently been changed.

So my suggestion is whenever your password has been changed, for you to get a generic email stating it's been changed. This can give people more notice to seeing any ill activity on their account.

I'm unsure if the same applies for email changes, but if so, the same should happen to that but providing the new email it's been changed to.

I was quite lucky with my account as i was suspicious of the activity, but had i have got an email i would have noticed something dodgey right away.

• Like 1

Most games have this , not sure why Wurm dosent.

Glad to see you got account back..

How about when you try to change your password or the e-mail account the character is bound to that a confirmation e-mail is sent to the e-mail account? This way if somebody wants to change your password or the linked e-mail account then they'd also need to be able to login to your e-mail account and probably copy a x number code that was generated by the game and send to you in that e-mail. This code would then have to be used to finish the process in game. This will make it a lot harder to actually steal accounts (assuming you don't use the same password for the character and e-mail account, but that's of course asking for it)

So how to change password if i only have email ? Well password is forgotten but saved.

+1.

I had the same experience and you are right, we should get an email (and having to confirm actually) before being able to change password.

So how to change password if i only have email ? Well password is forgotten but saved.

Not related, but you can get a GM to do this, if they know it is your account and you tell them the email.

big +1 i dont see why not.

I think an e-mail change, should require an authentication from the old e-mail account prehaps? before it is changed

Edited by whykillme