Sign in to follow this  
joedobo

Unlock Priest Restrictions With Additional Fees

you have a few points joe ~ and i hate alts ~ but still this feels like pay to win somehow

There is a logistical restriction of using alts in PVP, the afk one is the one gonna get ganked. So merging them into one gives you an advantage that the do it everything player is now completely mobile, and has no worries about the priest getting ganked because he was afk while the main was fighting. That is p2w not p2p.

Same argument for PVE since travel means getting mobbed. I was using three alts to mine out a boat tunnel, and opened it up to find a lava spider and two starving black bears. Autorun does not work very well in twisty mines. We all died, interesting out of alt experience to watch yourself getting mauled by a bear.

Edited by yarnevk

You realise that with this change every PvPer worth their salt will be forced to be a Preist, right? I mean what stops everyone and their dog from being a Mag/Lib preist for the bonuses?

Only god alone should allow priest to craft.

Add new option to altars, similar to sacrifice, that freeze priesthood for 1 RL hour.

During this hour you can't do any priestly stuff, not even praying or sacrificing.

You could do everything that commoners can do.

Cooldown 72h, perhaps more.

1 hour per every other day would not break game or pvp, forget about any serious grinding.

I would priest up my main if I have a prospect of imping armor/weapons/tools if required or (re)build an odd fence or wall.

• Like 1

I would priest up my main if I have a prospect of imping armor/weapons/tools if required or (re)build an odd fence or wall.

Who wouldn't? and tadaaa, welcome to Preists Online

I'd pay an extra 10 euro a year to just unlock chopping down trees with my mag priest. And 5 more to be able to imp and place mine doors and forges.

@ kyrmius. Either i fail to explain or you need to read more carefully. Thier would be no change in the finical affects on CodeClub. You pay 5 EUR a month for premium on priest + 5 EUR on crafter...I'm suggesting you pay 10 EUR a month to be both a crafter and say a Vynora priest

I think less afk priests would benefit the community feel of the game. Ever try to talk to afk toon?

I will explain this one more time. Maybe I will succeed in explaining it better.

I do NOT support using real life money to unlock ingame Features. Ever. In any MMO. There are some items available through Wurm I actually disagree with, but that is another discussion. You have my attention, so I will address your question....

I believe in the seperation of the real and the virtual as far as MMOs are concerned, which means for Wurm if Priests *ever* unlock a feature such as you suggest it should be through ingame activities ONLY and not because someone has a fat real life bank account.

This isn't as much about the financial benefits to Wurm as it is about what I believe is acceptable activity and behavior in a MMO and especially in Wurm itself. What you propose would make Wurm a playground of the real life rich and a peasant life of the real life normal folk. I won't support that ever. Wurm has been a virtual world where we can enter and strive to accomplish things regardless of real life circumstance or wealth. I want to see Wurm remain that way. Yes, it costs money to play Wurm as a Premium Player, but so far these costs are reasonable and in line with other pricing plans of other MMOs.

When we play Wurm without as much real life influence as possible, then it is Player skill, Player will, and Player determination and planning that decides the outcome. Legends are born adn made. Dreams fulfulled. Story's forged and written. The promise of MMOs brought to fullfillment.

I see Wurm as one of the only true sandbox MMOs.

I will never support your suggestion Joedobo. Even if every other Player disagrees with me. Even if Rolf place's his stamp of approval on it. If He does I would leave Wurm, but I would never agree with his decision.

If you wish to use your real life wealth to affect a game, I suggest Second Life or Entropia Universe. I do not pretend to be an authority, but that is my best suggestion.

Edited by Kyrmius

The technical and physical restrictions involved in heavy alt-usage is one of the reasons I think of the current way as the better option. Wurm sees both alt usage and has nuances of pay-2-win but the game doesn't facilitate it (multi-clienting is a nuisance and item shops or skill tokens is nowhere to be seen), which I'm happy about.

Edited by EliasTheCrimson

You realise that with this change every PvPer worth their salt will be forced to be a Preist, right?

I know nothing of PvP nor do I want to know about it.

I will never support your suggestion Joedobbo. Even if Rolf place's his stamp of approval on it.

I wasn't trying to change your mind. I actually don't care if people like my ideas. Frankly if I did I wouldn't even bother typing them up because people rarely like them. What I was doing was pointing out that financially CodeClub would be in the same position.

My priest is my main, my alt is his slave. Both have a year of premium... This won't ever change. Saddist has been asleep on independence for about 2 years, bit longer actually.

I'm asking to pay to cut trees with my priest, I'd even give up my damage augmentation to do so. He'll if I didn't have to pay and there was some ingame way to do it other than a favour hit I'd do it. I could be the best miner in the game but not being able cut firewood is a massive disadvantage.... If I had to sac 100 90+ ql locks to gain wood cutting for an hour I would.

If you had to sac 100 90+ ql items to cast a spell would you?

I don't care if what I cut is only 1QL it would only be for burning anyway

Um no. You do know that people spend huge amounts of money on this game and it would be no problem for them to pay for this, while those who dont have as much money to spend wont be able to.

Um no. You do know that people spend huge amounts of money on this game and it would be no problem for them to pay for this, while those who dont have as much money to spend wont be able to.

Did you realize then that following your logic for that big -1, then we need to disable any deed size over 5x5, cause people with lots of money can deed huge amounts of land while people with limited money can´t, and then get ride of all the money sink items that only people with nice amount of money can aford, and so on...

I don´t say neiter + or -1 to the idea, cause i know nothing about priest or pvp balance, but i say yes to any form of optional support to the game. Optional in this case because you aren´t taking away current features but adding new ones at some cost.

I think the op simply means, that you can pay extra "subscription" to have the benefits of a priest added to main character, instead of purchasing a new premium on a new character. This both has advantages and disadvantages (and is potentially overpowered in PvP), but considering you pay exactly the same amount in the end, I fail to see the point.

IF this would mean, I could have a char + priest features for 75% cost of two premium chars, then I'd consider it.

In fact, what I would really like is for priest limitations to be gone at all. I have not yet seen a single person, who would turn their main into a priest, Wurm is a crafting game and denying that with this option is unreasonable, especially on servers where multiaccount is disallowed.