Sign in to follow this  
Flyingkiwi

Santa Hats!

People complaining about free gift in a game. First world problems... :rolleyes:

I for one totally expected a visible armor or clothing for Christmas this year, makes total sense with the latest releases. Cheers Rolf.

Wow here are still people who think ;)

Thank you Emoo

While the santa hat is kinda cute, I like my gifts to be practical. A gift can be practical and cosmetic at the same time without unbalancing the game by reaching for a lower tier of an already existing feature. That way it remains valuable while also being just a fun thing.

For examble, the Santa hat could have an enchanted effect of providing the effects of cloth armor on the whole body if no other armor is being worn (shimmering santa suit. omg! an army of santas are attacking!)

OR

The santa hat makes the player wearing it to get the "check for gift" option when other players click him/her, essentially making that player santas little helper :)

OR

The santa hat makes meals cooked by a player wearing it during the wurm winter months to get +10QL (it imparts the wisdom of christmas cooking :3 ). It will also change the meal icon to something more festive.

OR

It gives the ability to take some of the delightful Julbord with you as a snack for later :)

These are all examples of minor effects that are achievable without the xmas present, and thus provide no unique benefit whilst still remaining both fun and useful. With the advent of sacrificable Rare items, even the +cooking effects are merely "nice" as 99% nutrition is easy to get now.

Now, I'm not ungrateful for the presents I and everyone else gets each year regardless of their usefulness. Its a nice gesture, and I really do appreciate it. I just wanted to add my 2c.

Every time I get angry at how "lame" the new(er) gifts get each year, I look back and realize it's best that way. Other gifts that would be totally awesome are best as money sinks or craftable, or other people would totally lose out! At least this years gift didn't weigh 20kg :P

Thank you for the gift Rolf and team. You could have gave everyone a Dragon egg and some players still would complain.

Come to think of it that would be pretty funny dragon eggs that never hatch Oh the drama from that.

Anyway a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours.

All I would like is for the hat to fit over my existing headgear, or get its own equipment slot, so I can be festive even away from my deed.

• Like 2

Did anyone notice the get price was set to 1g1c? Interesting price for a gift...

now we want bunny ears for easter and a pumpkin mask for halloween pretty please :)

• Like 1

well i like it, it's cute. only problem is it seems to make me bald :P

That's what I was thinking, I absolutely love the hats.

Some people act like spoiled brats and should reflect on their behavior. You're getting a GIFT and all you do is complain how someone else got something you like better, years ago? Next year don't retrieve your gift at all. Saves you the disappointment.

Would also be cool if people had the option of, after January 1, either keep it as a santa hat or have a skilled tailor use scissors and cotton thread to turn it into

article8571190.jpg

That way people who want to have a santa cap forever could, while those who would like to get year-round use of it as an everyday item, also could. (Maybe not that exact style but keep in mind us females especially hate appearing to be bald, so something that masks that a bit if its impossible to have a hair layer also.) To me this style is "floppy" enough to not make us look bald and would be fine for both male and female characters. Maybe make the button at top white to remind us of its origins....

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

ITT: Spoiled children who only put super expensive things on their wishlist because they can't buy them for themselves.

I still say: Suck it :P You don't pay premium because you expect to get super expensive gifts, you buy premium to be able to get higher skills than 20 and to be able to place deeds. You're getting what you pay for, the Christmas gift is a kind gesture from the developer to show that he appreciates that we support the game.

now we want bunny ears for easter and a pumpkin troll mask for halloween pretty please :)

All I would like is for the hat to fit over my existing headgear, or get its own equipment slot, so I can be festive even away from my deed.

Agree with this. My only minor complaint

Its nice but... I guess I will never use it. I really dont like it. Last time my ex tried to put me a christmass hat I punched him :P.

I would have really loved something else, like a red backpack, or whatever other thing but a hat. But well... I will keep it in my bank.

I really apreciate anyway the work, and Im really aware that many hours have been invested into this, and I want to say "THANKS Devs!!".

Have a merry Christmass :P

To the people complaining about the lack of power in these gifts I'd like to point out that not only is cloth armour the superior option 100% of the time in PvP and elsewhere, but the game has generally lacked a cloth helmet option so this is a really great gift.

Cheers

I wish next year we get some more interactive gimmicks that do fun stuff. I mean the spyglass was awesome in this respect, maybe next year we can receive an item that we can use to summon fog :o

Would also be cool if people had the option of, after January 1, either keep it as a santa hat or have a skilled tailor use scissors and cotton thread to turn it into

article8571190.jpg

That way people who want to have a santa cap forever could, while those who would like to get year-round use of it as an everyday item, also could. (Maybe not that exact style but keep in mind us females especially hate appearing to be bald, so something that masks that a bit if its impossible to have a hair layer also.) To me this style is "floppy" enough to not make us look bald and would be fine for both male and female characters. Maybe make the button at top white to remind us of its origins....

Do people actually wear those in real life? It looks like a breeding experiment between a omlette and a pillow that was attacked by a rabid sewing machine.

*grin* I'll just keep my santa hat, lol.

• Like 2

The gnomes preserve meals. Not sure what the hat does, but I rather LOVED playing the Gnome song! :D

Do people actually wear those in real life?

Well they used to, however for some reason these types seem to have been naturally selected out of the modern day gene pool. No idea why ...