Sign in to follow this  
Flyingkiwi

Santa Hats!

Can't even use them anymore

Gnome comes from santa, soft cap comes from tree.

Gnome comes from santa, soft cap comes from tree.

Thats poo...

No one even figured out what the gnomes do and it has been a year. LOL...

Wow. Where have you been?? They used to sing an annoying Christmas song. Now they sing nothing. That was found out day one of the Great Gnome Gifting.

Wow. Where have you been?? They used to sing an annoying Christmas song. Now they sing nothing. That was found out day one of the Great Gnome Gifting.

They're great sprout holders too.

They're great sprout holders too.

They are also good for putting next to altars and holding the iron coins you can get from prayer, instead of letting them build up in inventory, or to hold gems.

Anyone try putting the hat on a horse yet ? or a dommed troll ?

I tried on a tower guard :)

Unfortunately couldn't see it.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Edited by Heboric

Can't even use them anymore

No one ever revealed the use of them. The devs been saying they have a use other then the music, or hinted at it, who can tell. lol...

It's stupid if somethign is in the game forever and know one ever figures it out. lol... why code it?

Kind of like those dumb wishing wells.

Edited by shaitan

Firstly, this gift was awesome. But you know what really made it for me? The response with peoples' forum avatars.

• Like 1

Sorry useful gifts are part of gaming too and to say it might be useful so we can't make it a gift is a cop out. Plus the fact these other useful gifts which are ' ruining ' the economy would not have any effect like they do now if you would hand them out again or other items that make them less important.

Keeping them rare only makes them influence the economy even more and shows a bit a favoritism if you ask me.

The idea should be to give the players something useful as well not something they toss into a coffin and let rot away.

Sure you can give 'cosmetic' gift, but to say we can't give anything really useful in game ever is kind of lame.

Yeah the Santa hat is cute....to some extent but that's about it.

Edited by Protunia
  • Like 1

I like the Santa Hats, for years people have put them on their Avatar, in game seems to make sense, with it being Christmas and all.

Sorry useful gifts are part of gaming too and to say it might be useful so we can't make it a gift is a cop out. Plus the fact these other useful gifts which are ' ruining ' the economy would not have any effect like they do now if you would hand them out again or other items that make them less important.

The point is that "useful gifts" shouldn't have been gifts in the first place. They should have been features, introduced into the game as craftable. To make them a gift again now (or anything similar) would only delay the day we all hope for when spyglasses and so on can be created by players.

• Like 1

Hey, it's a gift - suck it.

I feel sorry for the families of all the people who whine about their gifts. Ever giving you something IRL must be a pain.

Thank you for the gift Rolf, it was very kind of you! I like it very much =)

900 people sucking up for a completely useless item, And only a handful with enough balls to tell the truth. This is why we continue getting pissed on for christmas every year. I guess ill pay my premium with useless monopoly money this year, And explain that its the thought that counts. Or they can just quit treating their customers like dirt, And spend more than five minutes thinking about it this time!

Waaaaah.

Waaaaaaaaaah.

I didn't get the gift that I want.

I pay a subscription for a game and the person who made it, he didn't give me something really cool that I wanted. So me, and a very small minority, we're gonna post on the forums this guy has and whine over and over again about how screwed we're getting because we pay for a game that does not care about us. Even though most people like the gift, I'm tired of being treated like dirt. Because I didn't get what I want.

I'm sorry guys. Maybe next year!

lmfao.

I'm sorry guys. Maybe next year!

lmfao.

I Hope you all realize this makes you look like just as big of an asshat as the other people.

I Hope you all realize this makes you look like just as big of an asshat as the other people.

This makes sense, how?

Pissing and moaning because you did not get what you wanted is not nearly the same as pointing your finger at said people and going, 'lol'.

But I will gladly wear the asshat title if it means that I can make fun of every person who complains.

I'm not sure if you're trying to be amusing or just putting down people that weren't satisfied with this year's gift.

Neither of those are admirable.

Not to be too contrarian because I don't really care about the gift either way, but what are these other MMOs that you people are playing that don't give away anything for Christmas? I've played many MMOs from big to low budget and I can guarantee every one of them is doing SOMETHING for Christmas, and has for many years, just like Wurm has. I think saying that we shouldn't expect anything and that Wurm is in fact special for doing something is a bit of malarkey.

Most of them don't "give" crap for gifts.. They make you do 30 quests for the final result. Here in Wurm you get to check a tree or ask Santa..

Just as your jobs, phone service, city sewage, or even cable service isn't REQUIRED to hand out gifts.....Rolf doesn't HAVE to "give" us anything for Christmas.. There is such a thing as being grateful for what is handed to you. Santa for the gnome, tree for the hat. Who cares if it does anything! Does the fruitcake you get from your great aunt bessie do anything????? Seriously.. Its a gift, not a birthright.

I wonder if those hats can be upgraded to use luminescent material, like gnome hats. That would be even more cool.

Seeing as how they work as well as a cloth at reducing damage I won't be wearing it myself. I went ahead and just threw mine on my priest. Now he looks like Santa Claus.. sort of...

Also:

[01:17:24] A fine soft cap that has a strange shimmer.

[01:17:24] You can barely make out the signature of its maker, 'Kswords'.

[01:17:24] Aura of shared pain has been cast on it, so it may hurt creatures hitting the wearer. [93]

2dj8eiv.jpg

(my priest sucks at enchanting still first cast lol [01:01:36] Aura of shared pain has been cast on it, so it may hurt creatures hitting the wearer. [0])

Edited by Kswords

Since it's an elf hat, perhaps it gives a bonus for toymaking?

*heh*

We do not know if this does anything or not. It's not anything blatant, thats for sure, but I'm happy with it even if it does nothing, because it was a gift, and doesn't have to be useful.

Although it does look good, it is a Christmas hat, i doubt anyone will be wearing it in the summer and also it can be imped so is probably damageable which i dont like personally. I will never hardly be wearing it because of this reason :/

Here is a male wearing it:

AXrgk.png

Also does anyone know if storing it in the bank will stop 100% decay?

I will wear mine all year round..... unless im in combat

People complaining about free gift in a game. First world problems... :rolleyes:

I for one totally expected a visible armor or clothing for Christmas this year, makes total sense with the latest releases. Cheers Rolf.

Edited by Emoo
  • Like 2