Sign in to follow this  
Guffer

Move Token To Another Spot

Really could use an ability to move token within deed area to another spot.

Could be for a payment, so it wouldnt be miss used.

with the way deeds work now moving the token would move the whole deed

with the way deeds work now moving the token would move the whole deed

This would be a fine option also. Be able to move the token within a certain radius of where it is currently located 10-20 tiles thus shifting the deed. As long as the tiles you are moving the token over meet the same requirements as resizing, ie other deeds,houses, etc.

To get what the OP wanted the deed could be attached to the tile the token was dropped but allow the mayor to click on any deed tile and select move token here. Then when resizing it could just use that original tile as the center point.

Add in the ability to resize in just one direction and we have a nice flexible system. I know if we could expand in just one direction I would log on right now and purchase more tiles as I want to expand east and north plenty of room available in both those directions but the west is already butted up against another Perm and to get the tiles to the north id have to also purchase a ton of tiles in the ocean I dont need nor want.

Disbanding to correct any of the above is not a very attractive or cheap fix to any of these issues. Just to move the token you have to buy another form, then purchase all the same old tiles you already purchased plus the new ones, lose some upkeep, lose your productivity bonus. I think in my case I figured it would cost about 40 silver to just move my token the few tiles I need to be able to expand. I think a lot of people are in these situations as I or the OP have and would be willing to expand dropping more silver each month if it was easier.

I know I am currently mulling my options and have decided disbanding is out. That leaves expanding and paying almost extra 1S upkeep just for the tiles in the water I dont want on top of the upkeep for the ones I do want and still not being able to expand east. My other option is to just expand by claiming the land instead of deeding and that brings in no money.

Why does the token have to be the center of the deed? surely you could have the deed area first then be able to move the deed token secondary, especially on freedom servers

only if this permanently locks the deed from ever changing size at all again.

Why does the token have to be the center of the deed? surely you could have the deed area first then be able to move the deed token secondary, especially on freedom servers

Just going to throw the PVP theory out there (Even though I dont pvp)

Could be abused to put token in some jacked up place making it impossible to find or something.

Tokens can be put in jacked up places anyway, I think allowing resize in only one direction is a much more simple fix to this.

Indeed.

It is kind of limiting to deed design sometimes that the token is always placed in the center. It shouldn't be too hard to implement a movable token and another token (or anything else marking the middle) that only appears when having to resize the deed for example.

Deed resizing is crucial, when you first plop down the deed you certainly will not have mapped every tile of the deed, and you certainly did not do it during the survey because it keeps up all the markers for each change so you have no idea where the deed actually is (that bug needs fixed). Then when you get neighbors maybe there might be some give or take on the boundaries.

Disbanded to move then downsizing has a very high initial cost, you are pretty much better off paying upkeep for water that you did not realize your deed covered until after it was finalized and you paced/swam it off with examine.

A better solution than the token moving is instead support resizing in N, S, E, W directions rather than NS, EW. There is no arguable reason why deeds have to be symmetrical, if PVP wants to hide the token they can do that now by stragically placing their deed center, so its not an argument that should block PVE flexibilty. I could get the same net result as disbanding and moving if non-symmetrical was possible; less W more E and less S more N moves my deed my token is still where it was, I still have the same villagers, alliances, etc.

Edited by yarnevk