Sign in to follow this  
mrtaccgnol

Cap The Amount Of Upkeep Possible To Add To Deeds And Increase Deed Cost

Went on an adventure on celebration recently.

Lovely sightseeing

wurm.20121224_.0555_.jpg

wurm.20121224_.0557_.jpg

Exciting attractions

wurm.20121224_.0600_.jpg

wurm.20121224_.0601_.jpg

Wacky family fun

"maze of doom"

wurm.20121224_.0606_.jpg

wurm.20121224_.0606_1_.jpg

"[23:34:37] You enter Valhalla."

wurm.20121224_.0633_.jpg

"This is within the village of Shack O Soot."

wurm.20121224_.0638_.jpg

Cap the amount of upkeep possible to add to deeds, 150 days should be adequate. Maybe add reminder emails for deeds expiring if you think people might still care about their deeds and forget upkeep. Make deeds more expensive, making them 10s leads to every newbie picking up a deed contract, plopping down a 10x10 and filling it with a years worth of upkeep.

Yeah.. make deeds more expensive, thats a good way to draw people to the game, increase the cost of a feature which requires real money, Sorry, but a big no in my opinion

Yeah.. make deeds more expensive, thats a good way to draw people to the game, increase the cost of a feature which requires real money, Sorry, but a big no in my opinion

Yes, wurmlord1999 needs 11x11 tiles for his 1x1 4ql shack and 3 tile farm. You realize you don't need to cap the size at a minimum don't you

Edited by mrtaccgnol

Dumbest thing you could do considering they are trying to attract players not run them off

Edited by Rasu

I can never understand why people complain about things like this and suggest that Rolf do something about it....

Who cares if someone deeds something and then fails to utilize it to the potential that others feel it should be?

If someone wants to pay for a deed and do little or nothing with it, accept it and move on.

Don't try to dictate to others what they do and don't do with their own deeded property.

• Like 4

Its kind of like me walking into my neighbours house, deciding i dont like his kitchen decor, and ripping it all out while he's on holiday and putting my own stuff in :P

Dumbest thing you could do considering they are trying to attract players not run them off

*is interested in wurm online*

*reads about getting a deed to protect newbie assets*

*reads "deed upkeep is limited to 150 days as to prevent area from being wasted"*

*reads "the minimum deed size is 5x5 which should cover plenty of area for a new player's house"*

Well that's a dealbreaker

*installs wow*

things_that_will_never_happen.txt

Its kind of like me walking into my neighbours house, deciding i dont like his kitchen decor, and ripping it all out while he's on holiday and putting my own stuff in :P

No, not really.

No, not really.

Sorry your right, just like you can't walk into a neighbours deed and decide what they should do with their land, i cant walk into my neighbours kitchen and rip out his kitchen.

I'm sure all of the posters ITT with post counts numbering in the hundreds to thousands understand what wurm looks like and needs to be more attractive to a new player in it's current state.

Edited by mrtaccgnol

No, not really.

I believe sir you are intoxicated, please return to your abode.

• Like 1

I believe sir you are intoxicated, please return to your abode.

If you notice in one of the pictures..it has multi story. They have clearly been on recently. & guessing by the maze of doom name they are planning to build a maze. Other random pictures.....Yeah 3 pictures clearly convinced me to what your saying. Guess I'll continue to roam Indy and these hundreds of thousands of very much deeded tiles.

If you notice in one of the pictures..it has multi story. They have clearly been on recently. & guessing by the maze of doom name they are planning to build a maze. Other random pictures.....Yeah 3 pictures clearly convinced me to what your saying. Guess I'll continue to roam Indy and these hundreds of thousands of very much deeded tiles.

the point is not that they are not active alone, the point is that massive deeds with lots of wasted tiles combined with massive or not massive deeds with nothing on them to remove any aggro animal that may spawn from the map while the 200 horse breeding factories keep non aggros at bay.

So far the only valid response that wasn't fygm was "it will drive new players away" which is probably not true

If you are so hostile to the limited deed upkeep or more expensive tiles then how about if town guards only respond to aggros if called or have no guards at all, and building a guard tower if you need them. the former combined with limited deed upkeep solves the main grievance with this suggestion which is cost

This has to go on the top 10 stupid ideas for Wurm. -1

Thanks for the constructive criticism

the point is not that they are not active alone, the point is that massive deeds with lots of wasted tiles combined with massive or not massive deeds with nothing on them to remove any aggro animal that may spawn from the map while the 200 horse breeding factories keep non aggros at bay.

So now you're saying that I can't choose to pay $ to deed land? Saaay whaa. & all of this because you can't find a few spiders to kill? My oh my. Would you like me to post a few screenies of the new server to help you feel better? They have lots of spiders ;)

So now you're saying that I can't choose to pay $ to deed land? Saaay whaa. & all of this because you can't find a few spiders to kill? My oh my. Would you like me to post a few screenies of the new server to help you feel better? They have lots of spiders ;)

I literally never said any of this

You guys may go crazy over the "INCREASE THE UPKEEP PRICE" thing, but if you are against the "150 days of max upkeep" idea and the great "email the owner whend is deed upkeep is getting low" idea, i don't think you have a the right to tell him he is the one who is intoxicated.

If you aren't able to log in game to add upkeep in 150 days after an email from the game, i don't think you should keep the deed.

Edited by Serpentarius

I literally never said any of this

I urge you to read your own writing sir. You did actually say that.

+1 to capping it to max 6 months upkeep. (If you can`t log in once in 6 months to keep your masterpiece I consider you dead.)

-1 to increasing to upkeep cost.

• Like 1

I urge you to read your own writing sir. You did actually say that.

So now you're saying that I can't choose to pay $ to deed land? Saaay whaa. & all of this because you can't find a few spiders to kill? My oh my. Would you like me to post a few screenies of the new server to help you feel better? They have lots of spiders

Ok so restriction is the same as banishment, got it. because I cannot buy land and dump toxic waste on it irl, means i cannot buy land at all.

because I can not [ABUSE PRIVILEGE] means I do not have [PRIVILEGE]

non se·qui·tur (nobreve.gifn sebreve.gifkprime.gifwibreve.gif-tschwa.gifr, -toobreve.gifrlprime.gif)

n.

1. An inference or conclusion that does not follow from the premises or evidence.

2. A statement that does not follow logically from what preceded it.