Sign in to follow this  
Sir Arowhun

Kingdom Heraldry On Shields

As the title says, I am suggesting that it should be possible to put kingdom heraldry on shields.

I've always liked this idea. Though it would add to the models in the game, I say it would add such an awesome customization to the game. Especially outside of Epic. It could be custom for either your deed, your alliance, or your kingdom. Deed and alliance heraldry could be created via an in-game window, and could cost in game coin. Here's a design I could use for my new deed on Pristine:

StirlingBanner_zps2db72537.png

There is a problem with having thousands of heraldic symbols that change constantly. The textures for them are saved in the graphics.jar file, so you would have to reinstall it every time a change was made.

Custom designs for any armor and banners, flags, shields, ext.

You wouldn't need symbols that change constantly, would a store of maybe 500-1k designs on maybe 4-5 layers would provide tens of thousands of different ways to customize, add color to that and good luck finding someone with the same coat of arms as you. It would be really awesome to have customization like that in general. And no dis to the dev team, I love the customizable face and new armor types, its great, this is just an idea I'm pitching on the pile :D

I support this, PMKs should get the ability to upload their own stuff if they wish, since making a PM costs 1g