Sign in to follow this  
rafallos

Make On-Deed Carts Secure

Hey,

my idea came from uncool situation in which I found myself.

When logged on tonight and get to my large cart (in which i kept my tools), i noticed that my tools somehow disappeared.

As it turned out later, some guy who was scavenging nearby areas found out that my cart is somehow managed improperly, so i allowed everyone to take items from it (he was kind enough to give them back- thank you).

It doesn't change the fact, that my cart was parked on properly-managed deed, with which he would not be able to pick up items from ground, but he was able to take them from my cart.

As Seara told me, cart's settings override deeds rules.

So i came up with idea, to make even not locked carts secure (just like bsb's and such containers) while they're stored on deed. In the end it is just like picking items up from ground.

I would to thank Seara for her feedback, and to mysterious guy, who was kind enough to give me back my tools.

Nvm, misread the OP. I thought the cart was unlocked.

I'll have to agree with Metrix then.

Edited by Wulfgar

+1 I've forgotten to change settings back on carts before thankfully never lost anything but would be a nice addition. Nice guy for giving everything back too.

I think the fact that you have Everyone able to access your inventory(in the options on the cart) that it's MEANT to over ride deed settings. This is a setting that, as it says, allows people your not friends with or a village citizen to access your cart for certain reasons. This unfortunately was a misunderstanding on your part(cart settings) and luckily the guy was nice enough to return the items.

I think the fact that you have Everyone able to access your inventory(in the options on the cart) that it's MEANT to over ride deed settings. This is a setting that, as it says, allows people your not friends with or a village citizen to access your cart for certain reasons.

but the cart should be still secured by deed's settings IMO.

Thats, one of the reasons people fund deeds- to make their things secure.

Edited by rafallos

+1 but sounds like a bug.

Last time I tried this things in a small cart was secure on deed, so of course things in a large cart should also be secure.

Does that also prevent them from being dragged?

If you set the cart so all people can access, just like a boat, that will enable anyone to take from the cart or boat.

The settings are there to help people who own deeds and who do not own deeds.

If you remove these settings you are going to require new setting for on and friends.

I really would like to see an Overhaul of the friend settings we have as there should be more than one layer of protection.

Anyhow the setting is simple enough and perhaps a warning that anyone will be able to remove items would be better than removing something people do use.

There are only a couple things you can set. Who can ride, Who can drive/pull, and Who can take.

I do not want to see this removed or restricted really and it is on the player who changes these settings if anything happens.

Edited by Protunia

I really would like to see an Overhaul of the friend settings we have as there should be more than one layer of protection.

I think almost everyone wants that and the best option I have seen so far is having boats and carts managed like mine doors (the ability to add individual names).

• Like 1

I think almost everyone wants that and the best option I have seen so far is having boats and carts managed like mine doors (the ability to add individual names).

I really like that idea

I agree with a general overhaul of the permission system. I don't agree with the OP. The vehicle has very clear management systems, and there are some of us who use it specifically to overrule the deed permissions. If you want people to only be able to take stuff if they can pick up from the floor, either set the permissions that way or drop the stuff on the floor.

There's lots of ways to avoid cart misunderstandings, this is a useful feature that I don't want to lose because of your carelessness (no offense!)

Edit: you may as well also remove the "everyone" permissions from mine doors, boats, etc. They are all useful features that can suffer from mismanagement.

Edited by Wraithglow

Srry, but -1, this is a usefull feature, and its your own responsability to secure your cart, deed or no deed.

• Like 1

Srry, but -1, this is a usefull feature, and its your own responsability to secure your cart, deed or no deed.

This ^

-1 if I had my cart on your deed that would give you control/access to my cart

+1 on drag protection on your deed

-1 no drag protection anywhere else

+1 add Specific names on cart for access

The reason. Some carts are ment for hualing. Some are ment for private use

If you had drag protection. Someone who was bored could

Fill your plot with large carts and you wouldn't be able to move them

Your cart management window would be nice to add names to vs the

Friends/allies/village.

Edited by Notsodirt