Sign in to follow this  
Aeris

Sleep Bonus Ticket

Since 1.0 there's been a lot of bugs and downtimes (which I am guessing noone's missed), and we've been receiving 5h sleep bonus quite often.

The problem is that not everyone has used up all their sleep bonus when there's time for the next excruciating bug, so I have a suggestion:

- A sleep bonus ticket which can be used via a command (for example /ticket)

This way everyone entitled to the sleep bonus reimbursment could use it even if they still had sleep bonus left. I've seen quite some posts pointing out that they're losing out on the reimbursment due to not having used up the previous one, and this way everyone entitled to it would have the chance to use it.

• Like 12

This is one of many suggestions that works. It really doesn't matter how they implement it at this point, just that it has to be implemented preferably before 1.0 ( :()

+1 but only if there is a max limit.

An idea could be a handful and you need to have premium to receive the ticket.

• Like 1

Great idea and one I think everyone would/should go for. Just keep it personal as the others suggested.

+1 but only if there is a max limit.

An idea could be a handful and you need to have premium to receive the ticket.

Part of me agrees, another part of me wonders why people should be limited in this. They're not tradable and they're reimbursements to the community for suffered (but immeasurable) damage.

I'd plus this, honestly I'd prefer us being able to go over the 5 hr cap when we're given sb.

But this is a good alternative.

(I'd recommend the tickets are per hour, so that we don't have to be 0 to get full use of the ticket, as well as rolf doesn't have to give us 5 hours each time, such as if a server goes down for 2 hours we can get 2 tickets)

+1

Edited by Trencal
  • Like 1

Part of me agrees, another part of me wonders why people should be limited in this. They're not tradable and they're reimbursements to the community for suffered (but immeasurable) damage.

Ok, so you agree on the premium only part but you think people should have 200 hours of sleep bonus if they come back from a years hiatus?

Or you think that my 8 non-prem priests should have 200 hours of sleep bonus available when I decide to re-prem them?

Ok, so you agree on the premium only part but you think people should have 200 hours of sleep bonus if they come back from a years hiatus?

Or you think that my 8 non-prem priests should have 200 hours of sleep bonus available when I decide to re-prem them?

I meant I could see both pros and cons of the "200 hours" thing.

+1

and it should be limited somehow tho to not gather

200 hours of sleep bonus if they come back from a years hiatus
. Edited by rafallos

I can only say yes, if oyu limit it to 5 tickets.

Thats 25 hours, if you haven't touched it, then you dont need it.

A lot of this type of extended sleep protection has been suggested and I have suggested similar type things as well at least 2 times.

SO yeah +1 to giving the people 5 hours to use at their discretion when they need to use it.

Make it like Sleep Powder and STERIODS!! you click and poof you are rewarded.

There are flags on peoples account when they don't log in for so long.

If they are flagged they don't get a ticket. Simple.

• Like 1

actually considered suggesting this myself! Just a non tradeable sleep powder for all prems would be glorious.

actually considered suggesting this myself! Just a non tradeable sleep powder for all prems would be glorious.

Sleep powder is already in-game. Might as well copy it, make an untradable version, and hand that out.

• Like 1

-1 There is no reason to make it a tangible item, because that will just create a demand that it be tradeable item if it exists. If the sole purpose for this tangible item is to bank the crash bonus, then just remove the cap on sleep bonus and change the rules for how it can be added, like crashes can exceed the cap.

+1 Simply change it so that there is no cap at all. If people gain it is because they spent silver on a referral , suffered a crash, or sleep a lot. Just put a decay timer on it so that you cannot logout for a year and bank it, which is the real reason for the cap. Something simple like exponential decay gives two weeks of little decay but the longer you wait the more of it vanishes. This would not affect the casual banking it during the week to grind it out on the weekend; while prohibiting crash farmer alts from being possible because it would decay faster than any crash gains.

Edited by yarnevk

-1 There is no reason to make it a tangible item, because that will just create a demand that it be tradeable item if it exists. If the sole purpose for this tangible item is to bank the crash bonus, then just remove the cap on sleep bonus and change the rules for how it can be added, like crashes can exceed the cap.

+1 Simply change it so that there is no cap at all. If people gain it is because they spent silver on a referral , suffered a crash, or sleep a lot. Just put a decay timer on it so that you cannot logout for a year and bank it, which is the real reason for the cap. Something simple like exponential decay gives two weeks of little decay but the longer you wait the more of it vanishes. This would not affect the casual banking it during the week to grind it out on the weekend; while prohibiting crash farmer alts from being possible because it would decay faster than any crash gains.

There are plenty of good ideas. However with Wurm's limited staff sometimes sacrifices have to be made so that something can be implemented in an easier way.

+1, however I think it would be easier and better if whenever Rolf added sleep bonus as a reimbursement for anything, there is no maximum amount. The 5 hour cap should only apply to sleep bonus that is gained from actually sleeping.

• Like 1