Sign in to follow this  
Vindekator

Stronghold Multi-Storey Problems

I'm having a problem putting a second floor onto a stronghold sized building (8x4 - 32 tiles). It is stone walled, pre-existing 1.0 (at least 6 month) and all walls are completed. It had stone slab paving on all florrs.

My carpentry is 71.49, my masonry 70.56, my paving 24.20.

I have more than 10 other buildings of various sizes (shack, cottage, villa, mansion, estate), all pre-existing, with which I have no problem making multi-storey.

If I start a new stronghold size building (6x6 - 36 tiles) i have no problem planning floor below and floor above even before a single nail or brick is added.

For the problem building when I plan a floor below the option to plan anything additional on the tile, except interior walls when rt clicking on the borders, dissapears.

I've tried completly building the floor on the tile, planning additional internal walls, removing the slab paving, planning all floor tiles, all to not effect.

Any help out there?

You now must finish the floor before being able to plan another thing at top.

for strongholds only? I have no problem with other size buildings. Did this change in the last 12 hours because i could plan the second floor without finishing the first, and then remove the first floor plan yesterday on all except stronghold.

My friend Dano is having the same problem with one of his building, and has the same or higher skills than you. he has also tried everyting we can think of including building aa wood floor to be destroyed later even though it was not necessary with any other buildings we have done and still it does not work.

My theory is the system is somehow not reading the structure as level now although it did when the roof was removed.

I made (and after destroyed) a stone slab floor and that didn't help. Misreading leveling may be the problem. Thanks for the imput and it nice to know I'm not the only one having the problem. Now, to fix it....

Are you clicking on the tile itself or the actual floor plan?

READ THE POST.

We have built a dozen multi-story buildings between us, we know how to build them, It is just not working on this one building.

Yes, clicking on the actual floor plan, for this one stronghold, the plan opitions no longer show once the first floor below is planned.

Hmmm, is it currently working in other structures? Have you tried completing one bottom level floor and then seeing if you can plan above that?

its strange, it seems there is a bug, with the last update it was mentioned that a bug showed, which makes us need to build the lower floor before we can add another floor above, on the other side, I have build floors today (2nd story) and it was enough to simply lay a floor plan on the basement without finishing it....its a pre 1.0 building too btw.

they also mentioned that it shouldnt stay that way (that you have to finish building the lower floors) but not sure whats happening now...have you tried to support it? maybe a gm knows what to do...

gm's have had no idea, one was (and still is after 5 days i guess) waiting to hear from a dev, the others suggested it wasn't the right time to do a support on it.

yes, i've tried fully building a first floor but that did not help. I planned and started building a 1x2 today. i could build the 2nd floor opening about before putting any other stone in place.

READ THE POST.

We have built a dozen multi-story buildings between us, we know how to build them, It is just not working on this one building.

Couldn't find the post. do you have a link?

Couldn't find the post. do you have a link?

That was for Gaelen we already said we had built the bottom floor competely and it still did not work and we had built other structures so knew how to build second stories. The first CA we talked to was much the same going through programmed responses for someone who had never built a second story and it turned out we had built more than him. ;)

Ok. Thanks for the clarification. Is there a dev post about the problem that you know about?

Could it be as simple as the building is not built on perfectly flat ground? Cause that'll do it.

No. I checked all the tiles both before and after i destroyed the slab pavement and they are level. I sort of a stickler for level floors anyway....

Firstly Bachus, I did read the post. Secondly, I did not, in any way, shape or form state that you did not know what you were doing in regards to multi-story construction. What I was attempting to do was gather more information about the problem.

When r-clicking the tile the menu contains the plan option, when r-clicking the floor plan the menu contains both the plan option and the build option. I was wondering if the plan option had dissapeared from both menus? Since you have stated that you were able to build the floors then the system is recognising that it is a tile within a building and that the tile is flat. If the system was somehow assuming that the buidling was not completely flat it's normal response would be to throw up a message stating this in the event window and also prevent the planning or building of the floor. Since it seems you both can plan and build the floor this does not appear to be the issue.

During a short round of testing on some of my own buildings, post and pre 1.0 (including sloped floors), I have been unable to replicate this bug. For some reason it seems to be affecting only the 2 buildings noted in this thread so far. I am wondering if perhaps there is something else they have in common?

Before any floor is planned, the plan option is of course from the ground tile. Once a floor is planned, the plan option is no longer availalbe from either the tile or the floor frame. The plan option is however available on the borders to build interior walls.

I've got the same problem as you, I've planned a floor on my house, and can't make a roof plan on either the floor or floor plan.

A deed mate has a 6x4 same as mine, he's built a first floor, floor on 3x6 tiles of his house, the last 6 tiles were planned and I've removed one of those and can't put it back however the house itself was obviously able to be have a roof built because he's already done it for 3/4 of them. and planned the last 1/4.

Well i've just built wooden planks on a floor plan and i can now plan above.

Apparently they've changed it so you can plan a roof without a floor on your first building and now you need to complete a floor before you can plan a roof.

Ive only had this problem with buildings offdeed that are large. All the ondeed buildings have no problem just planning the floor then floor above. On these large buildings off deed you not only have to complete the floor but have to start the floor above plan against a wall it doesnt allow you to just plan one in the middle with nothing else around above. Myself I dont really care for building the ground level floor. It makes the main floor smaller and not crazy how it bumps you up and down as you enter or leave. Should be optional on any building for ground level.

I built a 3x3 house on Pristine, just finished all the walls yesterday. I can sleep in the bed, and get sleep bonus, but I cannot plan a floor above. I can plan a floor below on all tiles, and all tiles are flat. As soon as I create a plan for a floor below, the "plan" menu option disappears for that tile. I don't want to put in a ground floor, I like the stone slab floor here. Previous to the last patch we could plan a floor above as long as there was a plan for the floor below, now I cannot do that.

The building is on-deed. I have tried building a floor and that did not help. Still no option to plan anything additional for the tile.

The building is on-deed. I have tried building a floor and that did not help. Still no option to plan anything additional for the tile.

The system for building roofs is badly broken at the moment. I just commented on this in another thread. Some people can build their roofs and others can't. On deed, off deed, dosen't seem to matter. I could build a roof today without needing to build a floor at one deed and then was not able to do it at another deed, this was on the same server with the same character. It's a known issue which Zcul confirmed that they are working on at this time. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

=Ayes=